What's new

'India not safe for Pakistanis' and the IPL controversy

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
They banned Pakistani players for years just to keep ppl like Modi ad Co happy , interest of Pakistani players over Corporate profits?

PCB should have supported ICL ran by Kapil Dev, and his collegues , I always hated how , PCB was courting Indian board -

PCB should support, ICL and invest some cash it that league , as a investory , and give full 100% ok to any player to go play there and also talk of brining 2-3 teams into Pakistan , like USA/Canada do with NHL ...

I am firm supporter of ICL now - even though its rock bottom...

That would be ideal reposnse to the IPL thats why ppl formed ICL as its ran by ppl who love the game not money making rich tycons

Here is what PCB should do , launch a joint , partnership with ICL + PCL (Pakistan Cricket league) , 10 clubs from India , 4 franchises from Pakstan

50-50% partership , and go head to head with ICL ...

Pakistan should allow 100% approval to allow its players to compete in ICL-PCL leagues.

Instead of doing what ever IPL league owners want - etc

Last edited:
Buddy ICL was closed due to pakistan. It was after 26/11. Most ICL players were pakistanis. ICL paid the price investing in pakistani players. Didn't they?

Sorry may be off topic but what this guy is fuming please listen closely from 4:10 onwards. I am happy that these guys are invited here, why blaming "Hindu mentality"? strange w w w . youtube . com/ watch?v=kuBlHHqfIuY&feature=player_embedded

meanwhile there is nothing from GoI side: from express buzz
The ministry clarified that 17 Pakistani cricketers were issued requisite Indian visas at very short notice in December 2009 and January this year to participate in IPL 2010.

"Two visas were issued in Islamabad, while three were issued in Wellington (New Zealand) and twelve in Sydney (Australia), where the concerned Pakistani cricketers had applied while touring New Zealand and Australia, respectively," the ministry said.

Based on a request from the Pakistan Cricket Board to High Commission of India in Islamabad, the ministry said it facilitated necessary clearances from other ministries in India.

I dont think ICL was started becuase of "Love for the game". It s a venture of Zee group to get some cricket revenue.

Well, now the Pakistani TV channel exposing Indian govt policy of isolating Pakistan even in sports. What shameful act. Just watch Sohail Tanveer interview, Sign the contract all done assigned team, after three days all cancel. The most expensive player of IPL, Afridi wasn't assigned....all done in three days.
So, Its Indian isolation policy.

Well, now the Pakistani TV channel exposing Indian govt policy of isolating Pakistan even in sports. What shameful act. Just watch Sohail Tanveer interview, Sign the contract all done assigned team, after three days all cancel. The most expensive player of IPL, Afridi wasn't assigned....all done in three days.
So, Its Indian isolation policy.

No indian Government has given the visas it's an act of "non state actors :)" (IPL is private after all). Please watch sohail tanvir beating drums of "hindu mentality" for not selecting him this shows he is not in a proper mental condition. I am happy he is not brought in he does not deserve to represent your country throwing baseless remarks shameful guy

well he didn't bring religion in his interview.....watch it again. ..he even didn't say anything about IPL....he has sportsman mentality.....

aray bhai! its their league and they can do what ever they feel like. thats the end of it.
OTOH it dosnt set a good precedent as 'cricket' always has brought both countries closer. it is/was the one 'common-bond' between the people of our two countries. it also put paid to the anm ki asha campaign launched by TOI and Jhang groups.
in the end 'extremism' has taken over sports between our two countries. what would be really sad to see a repeat of the 18 years of no cricket between India and Pakistan from 1960-1978!!!
we will all be the losers of the 'greatest sports rivalry' in the world!!!

aray bhai! its their league and they can do what ever they feel like. thats the end of it.
OTOH it dosnt set a good precedent as 'cricket' always has brought both countries closer. it is/was the one 'common-bond' between the people of our two countries. it also put paid to the anm ki asha campaign launched by TOI and Jhang groups.
in the end 'extremism' has taken over sports between our two countries. what would be really sad to see a repeat of the 18 years of no cricket between India and Pakistan from 1960-1978!!!
we will all be the losers of the 'greatest sports rivalry' in the world!!!

I would really love to see some Pakistani players in new IPL team from Kerala :pakistan:

well he didn't bring religion in his interview.....watch it again. ..he even didn't say anything about IPL....he has sportsman mentality.....

Haider he clearly said "hinduoon ki neeyat hi aisi hai" at approx 4:20

Its not question of owning a league...its demoralizing and humiliating sportsman....don't want...don't invite...but invite and humiliate is unacceptable...

Why humiliating? There were more then 50 players on sale only 11 got picked up. No one else is complaining apart from Pakistani players

Why humiliating? There were more then 50 players on sale only 11 got picked up. No one else is complaining apart from Pakistani players
Dude read my post again....players were in advance assign to the teams.....player already receive the contracts ....you are talking about T20 champion team....not some unknown player

Dude read my post again....players were in advance assign to the teams.....player already receive the contracts ....you are talking about T20 champion team....not some unknown player

Well it's same for every one once corporate gets involved if they like some body they will take it at any cost if they don't then..... there is nothing great about them they are not suitable for the team they were not chosen as simple as that but with sohail tanvir openly accusing like a spoilt kid has shown that the decision is indeed correct

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom