What's new

India not opposed to Pakistan's membership of Nuclear Suppliers Group: Swaraj

You miss the point. Its mean that please enter us both and we don't have any problem and we support Chinese statement to enter both of us. Now tell me diplomatically who win? India or China/ Pakistan?

Of course it is a huge win for Pakistan, if you say so.

I wonder why you people are not congratulating your Nawaz Sharif Sarkar for this great feat.

Citizens should celebrate their Country's WINS :azn:

Looks like the Chinese squeeze is working.
Its a masterstroke by india if you can analyse it properly.

We gave away the chinese bluff by saying we are not opposing pakistans entry. That means china will have to support both the countries, india and pakistan, and now bobth countries will try on their own merit.

And while indian entry is not opposed by any major power, there are many oppositions to pakistan given its histrory. India satys good in all this process.

Its a masterstroke by india if you can analyse it properly.

We gave away the chinese bluff by saying we are not opposing pakistans entry. That means china will have to support both the countries, india and pakistan, and now bobth countries will try on their own merit.

And while indian entry is not opposed by any major power, there are many oppositions to pakistan given its histrory. India satys good in all this process.

So that means India will be an NSG member? They are supposed to meet June 23rd and 24th. Lets see how it plays out. We can party after Indias admittance.

Last edited:
Of course it is a huge win for Pakistan, if you say so.

I wonder why you people are not congratulating your Nawaz Sharif Sarkar for this great feat.

Citizens should celebrate their Country's WINS :azn:

Don't you thing you are interfering on our internal matter? Do you like to interfering other people business? o_O

What a country gains if it becomes member of NSG? Serious answer please no trolls.

hmm. i think this should help. It is from India's perspective but will help you understand why India wants to join....

Why is India seeking to become a member of NSG ?

• India wants to become a player in this international arena where nuclear commerce norms are laid.
  • If India becomes a member it will have better international market for export as well as for import of nuclear related materials.
  • For building nuclear reactors, for providing energy we need nuclear materials .By becoming a member of NSG we can have better access of nuclear materials .
  • All nuclear based programmes of India is being run on indigenous technogoly.Bybecoming a member of NSG we will have access to sophisticated foreign technologies.
  • By becoming a member India can also sell it's Indigineous technology therby giving Make In India a facelift.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-NSG-W...re-other-countries-opposing-Indias-membership

This is why you guys suck in diplomacy, you see everything from your "army-fed" macho black and white point of view. This is a brilliant move from India, especially if it convinces China to support India's bid. Pakistan has no chance of getting the membership anytime soon, with or without India's support. India has very few obstacles. If this move removes one of them then why not.

Did you miss the nuclear deal conceived and signed during MMS's tenure despite strong opposition at home from BJP and left? We wouldn't even be talking about NSG if not for that deal.
And that's the only thing to talk about in entire decade of MMS tenure....excellent achievement I must add....!
I pity people those who give more importance to a religion than nation!!

You miss the point. Its mean that please enter us both and we don't have any problem and we support Chinese statement to enter both of us. Now tell me diplomatically who win? India or China/ Pakistan?
Don't you thing you are interfering on our internal matter? Do you like to interfering other people business? o_O
if you term replying to your comment as interference then I cannot help it :P

BTW it was you who interfered in our celebrations by bringing in an illusionary Pakistani Diplomatic Win :D

if you don't want a response then don't quote a member SIMPLE

if you term replying to your comment as interference then I cannot help it :P

BTW it was you who interfered in our celebrations by bringing in an illusionary Pakistani Diplomatic Win :D

if you don't want a response then don't quote a member SIMPLE

Congrats you earn a troller trophy. Now smile please and leave this mature platform:tup: or learn good from your countryman, who are in PDF for all time and we respect them

This is why you guys suck in diplomacy, you see everything from your "army-fed" macho black and white point of view. This is a brilliant move from India, especially if it convinces China to support India's bid. Pakistan has no chance of getting the membership anytime soon, with or without India's support. India has very few obstacles. If this move removes one of them then why not.

Did you miss the nuclear deal conceived and signed during MMS's tenure despite strong opposition at home from BJP and left? We wouldn't even be talking about NSG if not for that deal.
I would rather say the former PM represented the spirit and tardiness. The current PM represent the ambitions and soft power of India. Definitely the current one pleasing to the global world as it represents the willingness and over reach to work with others.

As for the NSG India's credentions are way more than required. It has been a known power of nuclear weapons since 1974. It is also in talks with NSG with respect to membership since 2005 and already enjoys all the perks; thanks to the NSG waiver.

Pakistan has critical issues with the record of prolification in a period less than 2 decades. Iran, N Korea and Libya are prime examples. Please don't respond to this paragraph.

Politically: China would not want India. But here is the problem. If China rejects then India will be forced to join the US allies to contain China.on the other hand, if it let it go then has huge implications with respect to its friendship with Pakistan. Delaying is the only option for Chinese.

China has been just short of being called criminal by just offending. If it opposes the inclusion of India then it will be a major change in its policy.

hmm. i think this should help. It is from India's perspective but will help you understand why India wants to join....

Why is India seeking to become a member of NSG ?

• India wants to become a player in this international arena where nuclear commerce norms are laid.
  • If India becomes a member it will have better international market for export as well as for import of nuclear related materials.
  • For building nuclear reactors, for providing energy we need nuclear materials .By becoming a member of NSG we can have better access of nuclear materials .
  • All nuclear based programmes of India is being run on indigenous technogoly.Bybecoming a member of NSG we will have access to sophisticated foreign technologies.
  • By becoming a member India can also sell it's Indigineous technology therby giving Make In India a facelift.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-NSG-W...re-other-countries-opposing-Indias-membership
I think you and China will effectively block their conspiracy.

United States says ties with India, Pakistan of different natures
by Abel Hampton June 22, 2016, 21:42
modi-in-US.jpg

After Thursday's meeting in Vienna, the NSG Plenary will meet in South Korea to decide on India's membership on June 20. Irrespective of the end-result in terms of NSG membership, India's bilateral relations with these countries are bound to achieve greater heights.

The NSG had granted an exclusive waiver for India in 2008 to access civil nuclear technology after China reluctantly backed India's case based on the Indo-US nuclear deal.

Responding to a question about Pakistan's inclusion in NSG regime, he said that Islamabad has submitted the application last week, and every country is eligible to apply, further adding that Washington is now reviewing Pakistan's application.

On June 6, Switzerland, an important member of the NSG, extended support to India's membership in the group during Modi's stopover in Geneva.

"Bringing India on board is a slap in the face of the non-proliferation regime", a diplomatic source from one of the countries resisting India's push said.

China demanded nations wanting to join the NSG should first sign up to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

China, on the other hand, has propped up Pakistan in the group and has indicated that until India's neighbour is accepted into the NSG, it will not vote for India.

India's NSG membership issue comes at a time of deepening divisions between China and the United States over the disputed South China Sea. He added: “I thank President Pena Nieto for Mexicos positive and constructive support for Indias membership of the NSG.”.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi hugs Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, following a joint statement to the press, in Los Pinos presidential residence in Mexico City o on Wednesday.

"The NPT is the political and legal basis for the entire worldwide non-proliferation system", Hong said, adding that China would support the group in further talks to come to a consensus at an early date.

Detractors argued that granting India membership will further undermine efforts to prevent proliferation.

His second destination was Qatar from where he went to Geneva and then to the United States where he had his third bilateral meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House. Prime Minister Modi has now left for India, Mexico being the last destination on his five-day-five-nation tour. "We will not compromise our principles, but we see this as an opportunity to reaffirm India's involvement with the non-proliferation agenda".

New Zealand Prime Minister John Key, left and and India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington, DC.
cbsport . or /2016/06 /united -states-says-ties-with-india- pakistan-of-different/

Back
Top Bottom