What's new

India may see 8% growth in 2 years: Rangarajan

Perhaps you forgot that NDA was the government which tested Atomic bomb. Result was severe restriction which you can't imagine ever,never. Still they performed very well. In UPA time if we have 8% of growth rate,mark my word that inflation will be much higher. So all goes in drain. It was NDA which implemented many basic infrastructure improvement of which UPA is getting returns.

Before you start abusing me, let me make one thing clear. I don't suffer from modi-phobia and in all likelihood will vote for him in 2014.

Having established that, I should also clarify that I also don't suffer from some kind of wet dreams about the modi camp and its capabilities.

So to play the devil's advocate - why give excuses for a below par performance by the nda? You cite sanctions post the N-test as the reason behind poor performance. But, applying a similar reasoning to the UPA, no other previous govt faced a global economic crisis that featured a crumbling US, an EU living on borrowed time and the chinese miracle beginning to fade.

It does seem likely that the strong anti-incumbency factor will ease the BJP's ride to the seat of power. But, they'll be backed by allies like Jayalalitha, Nitish Kumar, etc. Not the easiest bunch to work with - and the theatrics in parliament will ensure that India will continue along for the roller coaster ride.

Not gonna happen. All those economies which were manufacturing/export oriented have been experiencing slowing growth and dwindling exports. From China to japan. From Germany to Korea. India is no different to the laws of economics. Unless Euro crisis sorts out, America cannot move forward. Until America and Europe start moving, Asian economies will continue to suffer as there is no place for their exports to go.

I think terrorism also like this.
Pre-NDA less,
NDA time exponentillly increased.
UPA1- increased.
UPA-2 i think better, may be decrease after chidu.

NDA time kargil we had opertunity to get Kashmir back instead we lost tiger hill. I came to know this recently

a} What about we lost almost
1/3 of Kashmir to China during Nehru time....

b} What about India lost the opportunity of being one of the veto power due to Nehru....

c} What about the money that our country lost due scams under MMS regime....

d} What about the high number of terrorist attacks that our country faced between 2005-2008 under MMS regime......

e} And as faar as your answer about inflation is concern then believe me dude most of it has been artificialy created......

f} What about the weak INR under MMS regime......man i have never though that i will ever see rupee around 58 per dollar.....INR was at 42 per Dollar in 2004 under NDA regime.....

8% growth is not impossible for India to achieve; India certainly has a lot of room to grow in that regard, but will be dependent on India reducing the bureaucratic red tape and developing infrastructure and institutions at a brisk pace to support its country and people. This would increase consumer and international confidence in India which would help bring in more Foreign Direct Investment.

I think most of this has already been said before so I'll leave it at that. Also, probably best not to expect any major policy changes until after 2014 elections :)

The growth in china is at all time low and going down with each day, should i post dozen of links??

Why do not we just click on the report button for attempted derailing of the thread ? :azn: ...

Seriously , why are Indians so keen to discuss Chinese economy in their very own economy thread ? :undecided:

The Indian economy, projected to grow 6.7% in 2012-13, may return to 8% growth in two years, with inflation likely to fall further, said C Rangarajan, chairman, Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council. “The growth rate in the current fiscal year (2012-13) will be a shade better than
previous fiscal year,” said Rangarajan on the sidelines of banking conference oganised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Indian Banks' Association. “Perhaps in another two years time we should get back to 8% rate of growth.”

He also said that the RBI needs to bring down the cash reserve ratio (CRR) and control credit flow through open market operations. The CRR is the proportion of deposits banks must set aside with the central bank.

India may see 8% growth in 2 years: Rangarajan - Hindustan Times
Impossible. UPA will be facing the election with in nest 2 yrs so in order to keep voters happy it will spend more on MNREGA type welfare schemes. so it will borrow more hence increasing the overall debt and deficit.effect of next 2 yrs spending will be born by next govt. like Jayalalitha is facing now in TN as DMK left the treasury emptyby spending on welfare before election.

Before you start abusing me, let me make one thing clear. I don't suffer from modi-phobia and in all likelihood will vote for him in 2014.

Having established that, I should also clarify that I also don't suffer from some kind of wet dreams about the modi camp and its capabilities.

So to play the devil's advocate - why give excuses for a below par performance by the nda? You cite sanctions post the N-test as the reason behind poor performance. But, applying a similar reasoning to the UPA, no other previous govt faced a global economic crisis that featured a crumbling US, an EU living on borrowed time and the chinese miracle beginning to fade.

It does seem likely that the strong anti-incumbency factor will ease the BJP's ride to the seat of power. But, they'll be backed by allies like Jayalalitha, Nitish Kumar, etc. Not the easiest bunch to work with - and the theatrics in parliament will ensure that India will continue along for the roller coaster ride.
Cool down buddy,I have never abused any buddy in my whole life(accidentally 2 times). I just become furious at some times when some goes berserk. I also don't suffer from Modi phobia.
Neither I am not supporter of BJP or NDA either. I have my own independent views. But I will vote for NDA because it is better compared to UPA.
Sanction were not excuses,whole India was standing behind Atal ji Government that was the point I was trying to put compared to MMS government support in masses. They are losing day by day. Because they have lost the pace which was generated during last years of NDA government period. Did you forget that it was well over 9% growth rate for 2 or 3 consecutive quarters. Reason was infrastructure development. What congress did,it carried forward their existent project,that gave the result. But after mid 2008 There was no infrastructure development project started by government on large scale Scam started taking place. first 6 in 2008,9 in 2009,15 in 2010,24 in 2011,46 in 2012(January to August only.) Just see the development in scams in UPA period. You will be astonished.
They hit hard whoever tried to do innovation,this is why country is in the grip of policy paralysis.

I think terrorism also like this.
Pre-NDA less,
NDA time exponentillly increased.
UPA1- increased.
UPA-2 i think better, may be decrease after chidu.

NDA time kargil we had opertunity to get Kashmir back instead we lost tiger hill. I came to know this recently

For this Congressi supporter only.
Tiger Hill or "Point 5353" is a mountain in the Drass-Kargil area of Jammu & Kashmir. It is the highest peak in the area and was the subject of the most famous battle during the 1999 India-Pakistan Kargil War. Its recapture was the most important objective for Indian forces during the Kargil War.
Indian artillery started shelling Tiger Hill to force the enemy to keep their head down, while the 18 Grenadiers, 2 Naga, and 8 Sikh Regiment of the Indian Army got ready to attack Tiger Hill. The main tactic was the most difficult ever employed on an open battlefield. An Indian contingent of 12-18 soldiers were to climb a steep cliff with a height of 1000 feet and attack the Pakistani forces, which were then engaged in shelling with Indian artillery, and stage a surprise attack.
The assault team had 200 men, with some 2000 troops providing rear support. Such was the determination of the Indians soldiers that most of the Grenadiers eschewed their rations to carry extra ammunition. In the 36 hour operation, the first meal they had were the dates left behind by the retreating Pakistani soldiers.

While the Alpha, Charlie, and Ghatak companies of the Grenadiers attacked from the rear, the Nagas were on the left flank, and the Sikhs on the right. The assault began at 5:15 pm on 3 July, with India shelling the Pakistani positions. The Pakistanis returned fire.
While this was happening, the mountaineer Grenadiers had moved into position, and at 8 pm attacked. 10 Pakistani soldiers were killed, and 2 escaped; 5 Indian soldiers were also killed. The main hero of the battle was Indian Soldier Yogendra Singh Yadav who was later awarded with the highest award of the Indian Army Param Vir Chakra .
By 6:50 am, on 4 July, the Indians re-captured Tiger Hill.

Perhaps now you can see that India reclaimed Tiger hill. Or you have to say anything else?

Impossible. UPA will be facing the election with in nest 2 yrs so in order to keep voters happy it will spend more on MNREGA type welfare schemes. so it will borrow more hence increasing the overall debt and deficit.effect of next 2 yrs spending will be born by next govt. like Jayalalitha is facing now in TN as DMK left the treasury emptyby spending on welfare before election.
lol it looks all UPA partners are alike even BSP in UP has left the treasury empty.....Man i am telling you all the so called Secular forces are the most corrupt of the lot.....look at it BSP,SP,NCP,Lalu's Party,DMK and the king of the lot Congress all has huge history when it comes to scams.......

Btw don't forget the so called ''Food Security Bill''
For which we need 1 Lakh Crores.....

Trust MMS.
MMS is a just a puppet on a string. It's 'Hitler Didi' who calls the shots and is the de facto prime minister of a country that's fast turning into a banana republic!
food-banana-20.gif
:angry:

India need reforms to accelerate growth.

India need reforms to accelerate growth.

Yes, Reforms, Reforms and reforms.

But unfortunately with current coalition govt reforms are a distant dream and we can hope reforms only after BJP or Congress get simple majority and not needing support of 10-12 parties to achieve simple majority.

Back
Top Bottom