What's new

India may see 8% growth in 2 years: Rangarajan

No, If NDA comes it will be some where near 3-4.

Look at this.

Growth rate during NDA rule year ending 2000-2004

2000 - 5.5
2001 - 6.0
2002 - 4.3
2003 - 4.3
2004 - 8.3

UPA-1
2005 -6.2
2006 -8.4
2007 -9.2
2008 -9.0
2009 -7.4
2010 -8.4

Sure, 2012 is less. still dint beat NDA score even then world economy was fine

Now see,
1991-92 - 1.3 @ After this manmohan singh was made FM.
1992-93 - 5.1 - Impressive right? He is genius, here he impleted first economical reforms which changed india economy
1993-94 - 5.9
1994-95 - 7.3
1995-96 - 7.8, Then comes NDA...you seee where GDP goes.. :-)

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ster-becomes-tragic-figure.html#ixzz25iTCqmRb

I think terrorism also like this.
Pre-NDA less,
NDA time exponentillly increased.
UPA1- increased.
UPA-2 i think better, may be decrease after chidu.

NDA time kargil we had opertunity to get Kashmir back instead we lost tiger hill. I came to know this recently

The Indian economy, projected to grow 6.7% in 2012-13, may return to 8% growth in two years, with inflation likely to fall further, said C Rangarajan, chairman, Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council. “The growth rate in the current fiscal year (2012-13) will be a shade better than
previous fiscal year,” said Rangarajan on the sidelines of banking conference oganised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Indian Banks' Association. “Perhaps in another two years time we should get back to 8% rate of growth.”

He also said that the RBI needs to bring down the cash reserve ratio (CRR) and control credit flow through open market operations. The CRR is the proportion of deposits banks must set aside with the central bank.

And iam going to sprout wings ,fly to moon ,get tanned and go to mars to settle down

Now this is what is called **** and bull story :lol:

Now you are going to say that the Washington Post is Chinese propaganda. :rofl:

Washington Post - China's Slowdown Was Intentional

Chinese leaders have been trying to "cool down" the economy for at least the past 3 years. As anyone who read the news in those years would have known.

The point is that China has already had three decades of sustained double-digit growth. We are now a 7.3 trillion economy, we can afford to slow down to 7-8% annual growth.

India on the other hand, hasn't even STARTED the phase of sustained double-digit growth, and are barely at 5% for the last two quarters. Not to mention getting downgraded left and right by S&P, Fitch, etc.

Perhaps you forgot that NDA was the government which tested Atomic bomb. Result was severe restriction which you can't imagine ever,never. Still they performed very well. In UPA time if we have 8% of growth rate,mark my word that inflation will be much higher. So all goes in drain. It was NDA which implemented many basic infrastructure improvement of which UPA is getting returns.

What a joke, It was MMS financial reforms helped NDA. Entire world recognizes this.
UPA time had recession which was worst than other things. still India did better than many many contries.

NDA has good marketing team. wasted lot of money in advertisement. I remember some of the advertisements like this.
1. Now India has ----- number of phone connection
2. Now India has ----- number of mobile connection

If if congress has to show these kind of stupid achivements, now these numbers multiplied by soo many times.

They made fool out of people.

Buddy why don't you go through the high inflation during UPA time which indirectly helped them in keeping GDP growth rate above 7% till 2011.....Bhai ye sab figures ka khel hai.....Let me show you the difference between the Retail price in 2004 and 2012.....

Item 2004 price 2012 price

Milk 16Rs 40 Rs
Rajma 33Rs 105 Rs
Cholle 32Rs 108 Rs
Sugar 16 Rs 42 Rs

Every country in this world faced same thing. Even without any good performance.
Food price will continue to increase, even other prices will continue to increase whatever government comes. Farmers famr lands are becoming less and less.

No, If NDA comes it will be some where near 3-4.

Look at this.

Growth rate during NDA rule year ending 2000-2004

2000 - 5.5
2001 - 6.0
2002 - 4.3
2003 - 4.3
2004 - 8.3

UPA-1
2005 -6.2
2006 -8.4
2007 -9.2
2008 -9.0
2009 -7.4
2010 -8.4

Sure, 2012 is less. still dint beat NDA score even then world economy was fine

So, India's average growth rate from 2000-2009 is 6.8%.

Wasn't 2000-2009 supposed to be the time where India grew the fastest ever?

During his administration, Vajpayee introduced many important economic and infrastructural reforms domestically including, encouraging the private sector and foreign investments; reducing governmental waste; encouraging research and development and privatization of some government owned corporations.
Vajpayee's pet projects were the National Highway Development Project and Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, two high profile and popular projects in which he took a personal interest.
Vajpayee promoted pro-business, free market reforms to reinvigorate India's economic transformation and expansion that were started by the former PM Narasimha Rao but stalled after 1996 due to unstable governments and the 1997 Asian financial crisis. Increased competitiveness, extra funding and support for the information technology sector and high-tech industries, improvements in infrastructure, deregulation of trade, investments and corporate laws - all increased foreign capital investment and set in motion an economic expansion.
In late 2002 and 2003 the government pushed economic reforms, and the country's GDP growth accelerated at record levels, exceeding 6–7%. Increasing foreign investment, modernization of public and industrial infrastructure, the creation of jobs, a rising high-tech and IT industry and urban modernization and expansion improved the nation's inter-national image. Good crop harvests and strong industrial expansion also helped the economy. The Government reformed the tax system, increased the pace of reforms and pro-business initiatives, major irrigation and housing schemes and so on. The political energies of the BJP shifted to the rising urban middle-class and young people, who were positive and enthusiastic about the major economic expansion and future of the country.
In November–December 2003, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) won three major state elections, fought mainly on development issues, without ideological campaigns.

I think terrorism also like this.
Pre-NDA less,
NDA time exponentillly increased.
UPA1- increased.
UPA-2 i think better, may be decrease after chidu.

NDA time kargil we had opertunity to get Kashmir back instead we lost tiger hill. I came to know this recently

I Sense BullKrap. and it's "opportunity" Learn to spell 1st.
GoodDay Mate

Named scandals in India
1-
2012 Indian coal mining controversy INR185,591.34 crore (US$33.59 billion) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, many electricity boards and companies coal blocks not auctioned
2-
2G spectrum scam 2010 INR176,000 crore (US$31.86 billion) Nira Radia, A. Raja, M. K. Kanimozhi, many telecommunications companies communication bandwidth auctioned for lower than market value
3-
Uttar Pradesh food grain scam 2003 INR35,000 crore (US$6.34 billion) Uttar Pradesh Kapil Sibal, Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati Food which the government purchased to give to the poor was instead sold on the open market
4-
Kinetic Finance Limited Scam
More than 10 Banks have continuously reported the name of Mr. Arun H Firodia (Chairman) and his daughter Ms. Sulajja Firodia Motwani, to CIBIL at www.suit.cibil.com as willful defaulers from March 2005 to March 2012. Despite having the status of a declared willful defaulter Mr. Arun H Firodia has been awarded the Padma Shri Award in 2012. A leading online financial journal of India moneylife.in has exposed the matter in full details based on an RTI reply received by an RTI activist.
5-
Ultra Mega Power Projects Scam - Central government lost INR29,033 crore (US$5.25 billion) due to undue favours to Anil Ambani-led Reliance Power.
6-
IGI airport Scam - Central government lost INR166,972.35 crore (US$30.22 billion) by undue favours to GMR-led DIAL. DIAL (Delhi International Airport Limited) is a consortium of the GMR Group (50.1%), Fraport AG (10%), Malaysia Airports (10%), India Development Fund (3.9%), and the Airports Authority of India (26%).
7-
Commonwealth Games scam
8-
Ministry of External Affairs gift scam
9-
LIC housing loan scam
10-
Cash for Vote Scandal
11-
Scorpene Deal scam

I have given only major scams happened in near past.
Will provide more.

This figure must not have taken into account potential for stagflation.

Now you are going to say that the Washington Post is Chinese propaganda. :rofl:

Washington Post - China's Slowdown Was Intentional

Chinese leaders have been trying to "cool down" the economy for at least the past 3 years. As anyone who read the news in those years would have known.

The point is that China has already had three decades of sustained double-digit growth. We are now a 7.3 trillion economy, we can afford to slow down to 7-8% annual growth.

India on the other hand, hasn't even STARTED the phase of sustained double-digit growth, and are barely at 5% for the last two quarters. Not to mention getting downgraded left and right by S&P, Fitch, etc.

Simply put.... no... China cannot be afford to slow down. Your GDP per capita is less than some African countries such as Nambia and Libya. 20% of your population live on less than $1.25 per day. Your cities are growing at the cost of your villages. There is huge disparities in education,and health care, and lot more which I would not like to touch upon.

The reason China is slowing down because Euro Zone is not as attractive market as it was once for Chinese goods. Unless China look elsewhere for its products or Euro zone comes out its crisis,you will see further decline in Chinese growth rate.

Simply put.... no... China cannot be afford to slow down. Your GDP per capita is less than some African countries such as Nambia and Libya. 20% of your population live on less than $1.25 per day. Your cities are growing at the cost of your villages. There is huge disparities in education,and health care, and lot more which I would not like to touch upon.

The reason China is slowing down because Euro Zone is not as attractive market as it was once for Chinese goods. Unless China look elsewhere for its products or Euro zone comes out its crisis,you will see further decline in Chinese growth rate.

LOL, 7-8% growth is a big slowdown for China.

But India is praying for those same growth rates. :lol: Our slowdown rates are what your economic planners are setting as a high goal for themselves.

LOL, 7-8% growth is a big slowdown for China.

But India is praying for those same growth rates. :lol: Our slowdown rates are what your economic planners are setting as a high goal for themselves.

Comparing India with China is wrong. 7-8% growth rate would do wonders for India, but for China...no

Comparing India with China is wrong. 7-8% growth rate would do wonders for India, but for China...no

Tell me, what is 8% of 1.5 trillion (India)?

Then tell me what is 8% of 7.3 trillion (China)?

As you can see, even if India had the same percentage growth rate as China, we would still be adding more than four times as much to our economy every year.

And compound interest only works in your favour if your percentage growth rate is actually higher than ours. Since it is far lower, it actually works against you.

Even America with only 1% growth (of 15 trillion) is adding far more to their economy every year than India is.

Tell me, what is 8% of 1.5 trillion (India)?

Then tell me what is 8% of 7.3 trillion (China)?

As you can see, even if India had the same percentage growth rate as China, we would still be adding more than four times as much to our economy every year.

And compound interest only works in your favour if your percentage growth rate is actually higher than ours. Since it is far lower, it actually works against you.

Even America with only 1% growth (of 15 trillion) is adding far more to their economy every year than India is.

Again Comparing different countries is incorrect and the money you are talking is nothing more than some paper. I mean if someone earns Rs 10000 (125 pounds) in India, his family of four would live a comfortable life in a mid sized town in India for a total month. In UK, 125 pound would fetch me one 'Economics' text book, or a dinner for two in a good restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom