What's new

India may pull in Israeli IMI for next tank Project

Then they should order more Arjun MBTs
There was a new while back that DRDO will develop a Indeginious engine if Army orders Arjun in sufficient numbers how great is that
Let's see what happens, I feel that we will certainly see a lot more Arjuns ordered- a friend of mine who is involved in defence matters told me that IA were looking to order a further 500 Mk.2s by 2016.

Which purpose does C-17 serve in Republic of India which IL-76MD cannot? Name one thing. Apart from transporting Arjun.

Carrying oversized loads to strategic ranges. The main problem of the IL76 is the cargo hold size, which has width and height limitations compared to modern transport aircrafts. A C17 for example can trasport 2 rows of trucks besides each other, while the IL could only carry 1. Also the payload is an issue, be it for long range transports, where IAF already stated how they can carry loads now with a single C17 to support troops in UN missions, where they otherwise would had needed 2 IL's. Just as the payload limitation in high altitude areas is higher for the IL, while the C17 could still carry larger payloads. So for strategic operations with heavy and oversized payloads (not only MBTs), the C17 is the better aircraft for IAF. The problem is, that it also makes IAF too dependent on using the C17 even for small loads within India, when the width of the payload is too big for the IL 76, which than is a waste of money and resources.

Well,I was talking about the tracked ones.I don't think Indian Army would go for a wheeled ICV.

They do, they have several older BTR wheeled APCs to replace and have even a requirement for wheeled tank destroyers out. The importance of more cost-effective and mobile wheeled vehicles is changing, the more we can improve our road network.

Carrying oversized loads to strategic ranges. The main problem of the IL76 is the cargo hold size, which has width and height limitations compared to modern transport aircrafts. A C17 for example can trasport 2 rows of trucks besides each other, while the IL could only carry 1. Also the payload is an issue, be it for long range transports, where IAF already stated how they can carry loads now with a single C17 to support troops in UN missions, where they otherwise would had needed 2 IL's. Just as the payload limitation in high altitude areas is higher for the IL, while the C17 could still carry larger payloads. So for strategic operations with heavy and oversized payloads (not only MBTs), the C17 is the better aircraft for IAF. The problem is, that it also makes IAF too dependent on using the C17 even for small loads within India, when the width of the payload is too big for the IL 76, which than is a waste of money and resources.

You essentially are saying that it can carry 3-4 more trucks? You think it was worth spending the billions?

during trials in thar desert, arjun outrunned and outgunned t90s, so whatever you are saying is not true.

Rumours, lies and propaganda.

Mainly propaganda. But this propaganda is starting to have effects on our own establishment so now its important to debunk such lies.

during trials in thar desert, arjun outrunned and outgunned t90s, so whatever you are saying is not true.

Outran-yes;outgunned-am not so sure anymore since currently the T 90S have better FSAPDS rounds compared to that of Arjun since the 120mm rounds were first developed in the mid 80s and they were of good quality for that time.But an upgraded round hasn't been developed yet.So the present BM 42 Mango rounds are better.

Outran-yes;outgunned-am not so sure anymore since currently the T 90S have better FSAPDS rounds compared to that of Arjun since the 120mm rounds were first developed in the mid 80s and they were of good quality for that time.But an upgraded round hasn't been developed yet.So the present BM 42 Mango rounds are better.

arjun's turret gun is rifled barrel and not smooth bore, its highly accurate

Yes cola and burger are good combo.. not cola alone.. not burger alone.. but both..
You also know that this do not fits in. The Indian army affection for Arjun is well know.
Not being able to do/make/acheive something is not wrong as far as you have tried your best, but, not admitting that you were not able to achieve that target and giving baseless arguments in its favor is not so good.

Not for present and not at all for future development.

Indian army buying T-90 is not because they wanted to form some burger cola combo, the reason, we all know.

Arjun order is still going , it didn't stop.. And won't .

What I am surprised is the lahat rejection .. May be due success of cannon launched missile ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom