What's new

India makes Huge defense spending cuts

I dont not read anywhere.So let more sources come.
BTW,its impossible in current scenario.

I think india must close down OFB like PSUs and which dont make even better toy guns and start importing guns from derra Adam khel. that will save lot of money even india can import JF-17 and Al-zarrar tanks from pakistan instead of buying Rafale and wasting money on LCA and arjun and T-90s.

Is something seriously wrong with you? or You get paid to post this stupidty :blink:

Last time AK Antony said he willl decrease budget 30000 crore on month before the budget date. and then instead of decreasing it he increase it 11%. HHAHHAHA. This was most popular news last year. Defense budget is such a thing that never goes down in history. For India its already at minimum level. I am expecting to be raised at least 15% this year and I am sure this all drama is like last year :)

20000 crore is barely 3.5 billion $. not gonna make much of a dent anywhere in procurement, as many ongoing procurement process are already in full swing.

yeah your country is at war since 1947. This is main cause of your worst economy and this is recession time and Every country of world is on downfall even china and USA...so this is not only for India every country is facing it. Maybe Pakistan is less affected by it as very less foreign investment is there in Pakistan.

Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflown in Pakistan has now reached shockingly low levels -

This is the official chart released by Pak Govt. -

Foreign Investment in Pakistan | pakboi.gov.pk

From 5.4 billion USD in 2007-08, it is now just 87 million USD in 2012-13!

Last time AK Antony said he willl decrease budget 30000 crore on month before the budget date. and then instead of decreasing it he increase it 11%. HHAHHAHA. This was most popular news last year. Defense budget is such a thing that never goes down in history. For India its already at minimum level. I am expecting to be raised at least 15% this year and I am sure this all drama is like last year :)

Last budget session saw a defense spending increase of 17%.

I think many are jumping here to the conclusions without news even being confirmed:

1. This is the same news channel which 2 years back said that IN is going for 3 more scorpenes apart from 6 already under construction, even after these years, navy has not confirmed that & no other news channel/sources have published the news.

2. I am currently finding this news "only" on this channel with no other source confirming it.

3. The news itself is confusing (no one has noticed that), in this fiscal, defence ministry was alloted Rs. 1,93,000 crore with defence minister asking for Rs. 40,000 crore more in additional funds, now the original budget was already only 2% of GDP, if we assume this cuts are to the original budget than India's military spending will be down to 1.7% of GDP, i don't think India will bring down the already down nos. of defence spending as percentage of GDP, when the armed forces on the contrary are asking it to increase it to 3%. So this cuts should be in the additional funds, so nothing to be shocked about that, plus Indian media has habit of hyping everything, this being just an example, how will defence ministry make massive cuts to already sanctioned budget in the middle of a fiscal year??? :disagree:

I remember reading an article where Indian defence spending was actually more than needed and about $ 5 billion was returned to the treasury?

All thanks to corrupt Govt and their Corrupt Babu's.....

CWG Scam
CoalGate Scam
2G Scam
Adarsh Scam
Scam on Land Deals
MNREGA Scams {By state Govt }
Scam on defence deals
Wastage of food grain worth Billions of Dollars

After all these scams this was bound to happen...Damm they have sold the entire country for their personal benifits....

This proves another thing that indian economy is in the dumps.There is more to come.Hope india not become greece of asia or its on its way to become one..............:D

Indian economy is pretty solid Aunty, we nearly add entire Pakistan's economy to our GDP every year ($ 200 billion), our current GDP is around $1.8 trillion & is predicted to pass $ 2 trillion this fiscal end, so nothing to worry, thanks for the concern anyways.

It's good for India; Army will now be forced to opt for indigenous products;
HAL - LUH instead of eurocopter
probably revival for IJT with new vigor
OFB 155mm bofor guns
L&T 155mm Self propelled arty
Rustom H and Rustom MALE instead of IAI UAV's

But only after creating a dent in our image with the foreign cos. Anthony couldn't have called the re-bid in the first place. It would have saved us the fcking embarrassment. It is clear that there are not contract experts in our government and the only ones who are "qualified" are those who have mugged up gandhi nehru bullshyte and qualified government exams.

When will they learn that this is not the professional way.

Please guys I am all for LUH but this sort of cancellation is costing us our reliability in international arena.

All thanks to corrupt Govt and their Corrupt Babu's.....

CWG Scam
CoalGate Scam
2G Scam
Adarsh Scam
Scam on Land Deals
MNREGA Scams {By state Govt }
Scam on defence deals
Wastage of food grain worth Billions of Dollars

After all these scams this was bound to happen...Damm they have sold the entire country for their personal benifits....

And yet people don't topple them.

This only shows our people love to be looted and pillaged.

Even dictator-trodden Egyptians had more self-respect than our countrymen do.

Army should threaten all the named babus to finance defense deals out of their Swiss banks or threaten to shoot them dead.

Believe me guys the main difference between Pre 2004 India and Currunt India is that

Pre 2004 India-

We{Indian Govt and Indian People} were like Baniya's...we had money but we didn't like to show off....we were used to save it for future...

Currunt India-

We are behaving like Typical Punjabi's...We don't have money but with easy availability of loan we can show of by Buying Merc,BMW or Jaguars...We live for today....

In short presently Indian economy is worst then 2004....with high Inflation in Food Prices , Lands etc..

This is gr8 ....Everyone was dolling out the money to foreign vultures like Koi Khairat baat rahi ho.....

They have started believing ...whatever you need u just have to ask and u shall get it.... dump Local product ,,,go for fancy Western tech as much as you can...... who cares if local Defense industry suffers ...

Proof of all this mismanagement ..look all the vultures India has attracted.....

I Welcome this decision......there is difference between getting a house in order and splurging....its time Indian defence force learn that....:cheers:

We don't need Good economy to buy these weapon system i think we need good friend like china who can give us what ever we want for long term loan ,Pakistani are street smart people they have all the weapons needed to counter us .they have their own JF-17 ,F-22 frigate,Agosta 90,chinese sub coming,awacs system ,MRLS,Khalid tank,Anza1,2,3,Baktar sikhan. how much did they pay for these system ? way less then us because we have the most corrupt politician in the world .

they know how to spend their limited money most of the system i mention are made in Pakistan
and now compare with what we make .

for us indigenious is only option

Oh I remember you .. False flag.. some time back you had Pakistani flags

Another fake news by NewsX and an epic fail by Aeronaut.:lol:

Anyways this is is the real news:

Focus on acquisition, Defence Ministry tells Services.
By Ritu Sharma / ENS - NEW DELHI 08th November 2012 08:42

With sluggish economy putting in limbo its demand for additional funds, the Defence Ministry (MoD) on Wednesday asked the three Services to have a more “focused” approach towards acquisition, especially towards the critical projects and plans that have a direct bearing on their ‘operational preparedness’.

Many of the modernisation projects - artillery and fighter jets procurement - are moving at a snail’s pace and the huge capital expenditure earmarked for the current fiscal remains largely unspent. The projections made by Antony in his reply during the budget session in Rajya Sabha were found to be way off the mark in the review, sources revealed.

The delay in Indigenous Aircraft carrier (IAC), slow progress of border roads projects in Arunachal Pradesh, highly unsatisfactory progress of ordinance factories and defence PSUs are said to be the main reasons for the state of present affairs in the defence expenditure, sources said. To set right the course and exhaust the 1,93,000 crore of Defence budget, out which around Rs 80,000 crore was allocated for modernisation and acquisition projects, Antony has asked the officials to conducts series of separate review meetings about the projects and plans having direct linkages with the “operational preparedness”.

Earlier, the MoD had projected an additional budgetary requirement of Rs 50,000 crore for 2012-13. During the budget announcement itself, Antony had made it known that the amount was 15.5 per cent less than the estimated requirement of the services. Antony announced that as per projections, his ministry needed Rs 2,39,123 crore in total and thus they will require an additional amount of Rs 45,716 crore.

“The budget estimates were given in accordance with the assessment of the new emerging threat perception from neighbouring countries and the forces required it to meet the new challenges. However, with the other ministries facing cut, the Defence Ministry is afraid that the inability to finish the defence budget would lead to a cut in the next budget,” sources said.

In the ongoing financial year, the Defence Ministry is expected to conclude the largest open tenders to buy 126 medium multi-role fighter aircrafts at an estimated value of Rs 48,000 crore along with scores of other multi-billion dollar tenders for artillery, helicopters and warships reaching final stages. However, majority of these projects have been delayed due to slow acquisition processes and the losing vendors trying to put spoke in the process by citing irregularities in the deal. In comparison to the Defence budget of Rs 1.70 lakh crore in 2011-12, this year, the Defence budget was 13.15 per cent higher at Rs 1.93 lakh crore, out of which Rs 79, 579 crore was to be spent on purchase of new weapons and platforms. The hike though considerable as per the Indian standards will be no match to the country’s eastern neighbour.

Focus on acquisition, Defence Ministry tells Services - The New Indian Express
So defence budget will be kept fixed at 193407 crores, no decrease,no increase.

^^^ this was what i was saying in an earlier post, thanks for providing the evidence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom