What's new

India/Islam: Muslims lag behind then other minorities in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously ?

You are saying that Muslims should dump their old views and make the faustian deal ? Sounds like the devil talking :devil:

I am talking about those old customs that inhibit growth. Now obviously you cannot differentiate between 7th century Arabia and 2012's world, but rest of the world can and thankfully all Indians can.

So I won't bother explaining.

I am talking about those old customs that inhibit growth. Now obviously you cannot differentiate between 7th century Arabia and 2012's world, but rest of the world can and thankfully all Indians can.

You are right in fact I can't. The so called values being preached by the west and mainstream media are same as pre Islamic values of 7th century Arabia. Their motto: Become one of us and all the worlds treasure will be yours

So I won't bother explaining.

Neither will I

They don't even have a proper leader like jinnah to fight for them. I used to be skeptical and critical of the 2-nation theory until i actually learned about the state of Muslims in that country.

So what about the state of Muslims in your country. Within 30 years of getting your independence you broke into 2. Even now Muslims in Pakistan are busy killing each other based on ethnicity & sects.

You are right in fact I can't. The so called values being preached by the west and mainstream media are same as pre Islamic values of 7th century Arabia. Their motto: Become one of us and all the worlds treasure will be yours

Nice way to twist my argument. But yeah if it was that time's values, I think it would be better off than the wonders that are playing in your country.

India is not a little Arabia; we have our own distinct way of life. Take the deal or leave it.

Nice way to twist my argument. But yeah if it was that time's values, ....

Now are you not doing the same ?

India is not a little Arabia; we have our own distinct way of life. Take the deal or leave it.

That is why so many Indians converted to Islam

Why don't Muslims convert back to Hinduism to enjoy reservations allocated for hindu Dalit caste ??

They had done that once when there was muslim rule in india and saw the benefit being a Muslim at that time. But alas the ruling caste Muslims with foreign ancestry didn't them treat as equal though lowert caste hindus who had converted to Islam were promised of no discrimination on the basis of birth .

You cann't be both muslim as well as enjoy the quota system for the hindu dalits and eat into the opportunities for genuine dalits . Anyway OBC muslims already enjoy 4.5% reservation due to congress politics, which has deprived hindu OBCs.

But the average Indian Dalit is also better off than the average Pakistani Muslim.

Well, supposedly most of the converts were Dalits. So the similarity in economic status would not be unexpected.

We need to help uplift all Indians. It is happening already.

An Indian Muslim is better off than an average Pakistani Mulsim. So an average Dalit is obviously far better off.

Why don't Muslims convert back to Hinduism to enjoy reservations allocated for hindu Dalit caste ??

I thought Hindus shunned conversion. By the way is that not what Christian priests are doing as you guys claim ? Winning over converts by promising material gain

They had did that once when there was muslim rule in india and saw the benefit being a Muslim at that time. But alas the ruling caste Muslims with foreign ancestry didn't treat as equal though lowert caste hindus who had converted to Islam were promised of no discrimination on the basis of birth .

You cann't be both muslim as well as enjoy the quota system for the hindu dalits and eat into the opportunities for genuine dalit . Anyway OBC muslims already enjoy 4.5% reservation due to congress politics, which has deprived hindu OBCs.

I saw one debate in NDTV where one Muslim gentleman said that reservation has to be given to Muslims evenif that meant amending the constitution. Well if goes through..I may leave India.

I thought Hindus shunned conversion. By the way is that not what Christian priests are doing as you guys claim ? Winning over converts by promising material gain

We don't have missionaries.

I saw one debate in NDTV where one Muslim gentleman said that reservation has to be given to Muslims evenif that meant amending the constitution. Well if goes through..I may leave India.

Yikes what are you afraid of? Muslims will take over ?

I have muslim friends/colleagues which are doing very good...you know why?
because of hum do hamare do...
but i also see many muslim families who have so many kids...you can not give proper education to all of them unless you are super rich..

I saw docu on the Gujurart riot victim Balkis Banu who was raped and her family killed,though her husband is alive.

She was pregnant was she was raped and that kid died in the process.

She has been fighting for justice for last 10 years and hiding from the wrath of the culprits ,but in the meantime she also has now four babies of her own .

Muslims already have reservation based on their castes but we see some Elites want it for whole community so that well off Muslims groups also get change to taste the Malai(cream) of reservation and suppressed Muslim groups within Muslims the group deserving upliftment should be left behind. Some Clerics are against reservation. You must be knowing during Islamic era Muslims too adopted Indian caste system to discriminate against Native Muslim converts who were considered inferior compared to West/Central Asian Muslims. Infact, I read about Alauddin Khilji he hated both Indian Hindus and Indian native Muslim converts.

So what about the state of Muslims in your country. Within 30 years of getting your independence you broke into 2. Even now Muslims in Pakistan are busy killing each other based on ethnicity & sects.

this argument cannot be applied to pakistan which is practically wholly Muslim. unlike india which has a sizeable Muslim/minority population. classism is a problem yes. no voice for the poor.

but if u do look at it in that light... aren't dalits hindus too? why are they discriminated against? what is their state in India? why do they need aarakshan?

isn't that the same phenomenon as sectarianism in Islam?

Yikes what are you afraid of? Muslims will take over ?

No bcs it goes against the spirit of reservation.Reservation is for low caste Hindus, period. Not for Muslims who formed the ruling class some years ago. Also not for any religion who claims that they don't have any class system in them.

PS: I am Hindu belonging to the so called high caste enjoying no reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom