What's new

India, Iran cradles of great civilizations: Iranian envoy

whays that???? dont mind but sometime this JNU(pseudo secular) mantallity is taken too far , my dear sanskrit is theMOTHER LANGUAGE & hindi/urdu & iranian are just the offshoots thanks .

LOL, someone has delusions of grandeur.
Sanskrit is a subsection of an Indo-European language, whos earliest ancestor we know of is Hitite. which is naive to Turkey.

origin of kandhahar is disputed, it's thought to be derived from alexandria. Geographical extent of ancient gandhara and modern kandhahar are far apart.

That doesn't refute the fact Gandhara empire extended to parts of northern Afghanistan where India culture flourished.

origin of kandhahar is disputed, it's thought to be derived from alexandria. Geographical extent of ancient gandhara and modern kandhahar are far apart.

I think ancient Gandhara was situated around modern day Swat valley.

LOL, someone has delusions of grandeur.
Sanskrit is a subsection of an Indo-European language, whos earliest ancestor we know of is Hitite. which is naive to Turkey.

You are as ignorant as the other guy is.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

That doesn't refute the fact Gandhara empire extended to parts of northern Afghanistan where India culture flourished.

I'm not very sure of Pakistan demography.

Ancient_india.png

Thats 100% what once my grandpa told & he said it streached way beyond kabul & kandahaar but since area around kandahaar was most active deu to trade & strategic issues it was called gandhara just like roaman civilization roam was the main controlling area hence roaman civilization though it should be called medetaranian or south eupopean civilization , thanks .

I'm not very sure of Pakistan demography.

Ancient_india.png

That map doesn't indicate the boundaries of Gandhra empire in different times of history.

Whats your dispute here ??

What You mean to say that Gandhara empire never extended to regions in neighboring Afghanistan ever in its history ,but only confined parts of tiny area of NWFP of Pakistan ??

The wikipidia site you got this map from ,itself says Ghandhara empire extended to parts of Eastern Afghanistan.:hitwall:

That map doesn't indicate the boundaries of Gandhra empire in different times of history.

Whats your dispute here ??

What You mean to say that Gandhara empire never extended to regions in neighboring Afghanistan ever in its history ,but only confined parts of tiny area of NWFP of Pakistan ??

The wikipidia site you got this map from ,itself says Ghandhara empire extended to parts of Eastern Afghanistan.:hitwall:

Dude why you getting itched over no reason at all? I only said present day Kandahar is far from ancient Gandhara empire, go look up Kandhahar in Afg map and see where it's placed.

Surely I'd not draw a map of Gandhara to show you but look up Google image service to get one.

Dude why you getting itched over no reason at all? I only said present day Kandahar is far from ancient Gandhara empire, go look up Kandhahar in Afg map and see where it's placed.

Surely I'd not draw a map of Gandhara to show you but look up Google image service to get one.

Dude you are forgetting original contention was " Gandhara empire wasn't Afghanistan " which is inaccurate . Now better learn to admit mistakes.

Actually Gandhara empire wasn't Afghanistan , it was situated now what is West Punjab. Modern Kabul valley was part ofKamboja empire.

BTW i had said Gandhara extended to some parts todays Afghanistan ,not the whole of Afghanistan. Period.

New Delhi, Nov 23, IRNA – India and Iran have been cradles of great civilizations and the messenger of spirituality, peace and friendship throughout the history, said Iranian Ambassador to New Delhi Mehdi Nabizadeh.

Addressing a three-day International Seminar on Hazrat Sheikh Sharafuddin Ahmad Yahya Muniri at Patna, capital city of Bihar State, the ambassador said love and affection as well as cultural interaction between the people of these two lands have been so strong and profound that even temporary political tensions during the course of history could not break down.

He reiterated that the seminar is in fact a tribute to the memory of the ancient spiritual and cultural ties and bonds between the people of the two friendly countries of Iran and India.

He said that Iran and India are the unique countries which have the 9000 years old history and 3,000-5,000 years old cultural heritage. Both countries have had common border for innumerable years and these two people enjoy numerous cultural commonalities, like the Persian language, architecture, music, art, several social etiquettes and traditions many of which still continue, added the Iranian official.

“The developments in these two countries should be properly studied after the independence of India and the victory of the Islamic Revolution of Iran,” said Nabizadeh.

The independence struggles of Iran and India have had many common features and both Imam Khomeini and Mahatma Gandhi believed in peaceful policies, he noted.

Analyzing Iran, India's commonalities requires IK
14 Jun 2012 12:31

During the closing ceremony of Iran-India cultural week, which was held on Tuesday June 12, Bahman Namvar Motlagh said:" We should analyze the commonalties of Iran and India including the myths through indigenous knowledge (IK).

IBNA: Entitled "Literary and cultural ties of Iran and India", the closing ceremony of Iran-India cultural week was held on Tuesday in Iranian Artists Forum (IAF). The ceremony was attended by the research deputy of IAF Bahman Namvar Motlagh, Persian Academy's secretary Mohammad-reza Nasiri, University of Tehran's ancient language professor Mamoud Jafari as well as Iran's ex-cultural attaché in India Karim Najafi.

During the ceremony, Namvar Motlagh said:" However expressing the commonalities are pleasurable but the matter of approach can be neglected. We should analyze Iran and India's commonalities through indigenous knowledge (IK) which I hope will be fulfilled in the future with the help of Indian professors."

He added:" Figures including Georges Dumezil and Max Müller have discussed myths through their own point of view alongside a studying approach which we have always ignored to have a specific approach studying these cases. On the other hands Indians have enjoyed a great progress in the field."

Moreover Jafari said:" The oldest written sources and documents, existing on the relations of Iran and India, reveal that Iranian and Indians are Indo-European people who lived together from the very beginning but separated later. Naturally when they lived together they must be having many commonalities in the field of language and culture."

Avesta and Vedas are two ancient Iranian and Indian texts who have been left behind; the works hold a common language and their structure, grammar and even some of their terms are similar, he added.

He then talked about the commonalities and similarities of Iran and India's myths saying one of the features of Sassanid dynasty was the emergence of science and knowledge development. Khosrow Parviz, Iran's king was eager in translating philosophical, astronomical and medical texts. During the period few Sanskrit books were converted into Pahlavi language and during the following years the books were translated from Pahlavi into Arabic. In the field of astrology and astronomy the Iranians used Indian sources.

"Kelila-o Demna" was a translation of the Sanskrit Panchatantra, he noted.

In other news, Karim Najafi said: "Iran and India's ties date back to the pre-Islamic era. The Ajanta Caves hold paintings of an Iranian group in the Sassanid dynasty visiting India in which physician Borzoye accompanied the group as well. The trip's souvenir was Panchatantra; as an interesting point I should say that the book's original text doesn’t exist and it was translated into other languages from the Persian text as currently some 40 translations exist around the world." :agree:

Iran Book News Agency (IBNA) - Namvar Motlagh: Analyzing Iran, India's commonalities requires IK

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom