What's new

India has turned Muslims into a 'persecuted minority': Noam Chomsky

Those are based on reality and not the deluded beliefs of some irrational mullahs.
Are you serious right now?

A Turkish drama serial meant to entertain people as its primary objective while having its basis on history, is your main source over actual reliable Islamic scripture?

And every mullah who decides not to follow Islam on the basis of a Turkish TV drama is irrational?

For starters, there is not a single unified belief in Islam, there are many different sects and beliefs, and then sub-sects. Quranic, Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi, then there are different schools of thought which interpret things differently, etc.

So what you've "seen" in your "personal experience":

A: Could be from any one of those multitude of different sub-beliefs.

B: Are people who are not strictly religious in how they follow their religion. I've seen Hindus eat beef, Muslims eat haram, not pray, etc. Does that change the rulings of Islam or Hinduism?

OR

C: May not be an accurate representation of reality (Your reference to TV serials...)
(Even if it is/was, refer back to A or B)
I have Abdullah Yusuf Ali's English translation of the Quran. Though I haven't read beyond the introduction pages three years ago can you please quote me the pages where the Last Messenger is quoted as imposing the burqa on women ?
Then you probably should have read it and tried to actually find something directly from Islamic scripture...

Literally just Google it, and you'll find so many Hadith and Quranic verses which people believe to mean that women must wear something similar to the niqaab/burqa.

https://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/niqab1.htm - Just one after a quick search...

I never saw hijabs or burkas in my school or colleges years and this fever started just from last year.

but I don't understand why, when there are lots of Urdu teaching and ultra religious institutions which accepts such religious dressings and still these guys want to send their children's to such schools which doesn't accept any type of such things. It just shows they want to attract more and more attention nothing else.

I never saw fascists until 2014. Maybe this fever started since 2014 when Desi Hitler got elected to power.

I never saw fascists until 2014. Maybe this fever started since 2014 when Desi Hitler got elected to power.
D70FD053-FD30-4ADA-A40A-6A14FE8FDE2A.png

"Noted philosopher and political activist Noam Chomsky said Pakistan was a "paradigm example of a failed state" that had undergone an "extremely dangerous form of radical Islamisation."

The country was now in danger of "collapsing" as it grappled with rebellion, militancy and extremism that was "getting worse"
Asked to draw a parallel between the situation in Pakistan and the characteristics of a failed state highlighted in his book "Failed States", Chomsky said, "I am afraid to say Pakistan is the paradigm example of a failed state and has been for a long time. It has had military rule, violence and oppression."

Since the 1980s, the country had undergone an extremely dangerous form of radical Islamisation, which had undermined a good part of the society, under the Zia-ul-Haq tyranny, he said.

"Now it is in danger of collapsing, there is a rebellion in Balochistan, the (Federally Administered Tribal Areas) territories are out of control and always have been -- and it is getting worse.
While pointing out that Pakistan could become a true democracy, Chomsky said the country could move to the level of India. "I mean there is a lot wrong with India, horrible things in India, but it is more or less a functioning democracy. Pakistan could move to that level, but, I think, it has to disentangle itself from the domination from the US.

Buisness Standard

Source is some third rate indian newspaper lol

Keep crying

So what you've "seen" in your "personal experience":

A: Could be from any one of those multitude of different sub-beliefs.

B: Are people who are not strictly religious in how they follow their religion. I've seen Hindus eat beef, Muslims eat haram, not pray, etc. Does that change the rulings of Islam or Hinduism?

OR

C: May not be an accurate representation of reality (Your reference to TV serials...)
(Even if it is/was, refer back to A or B)

1. I am speaking about my Sunni family. The change.

2. That TV serial is an indication to history much like how the female relatives of great Muslim ( and human ) leaders like Nasser and Gaddafi were never oppressed by the burqa. You can search for pictures.

Then you probably should have read it and tried to actually find something directly from Islamic scripture...

Literally just Google it, and you'll find so many Hadith and Quranic verses which people believe to mean that women must wear something similar to the niqaab/burqa.

https://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/niqab1.htm - Just one after a quick search...

This website seems like another of those misinforming websites like islamqa.info. Most of the references in your given page are from hadees. I will write about this and that Indian burqa girl Muskan in a few days and will tag you.

A college has a uniform and uniform must be followed, if you disagree then feel free to join a college which allows Burkha, enough in Kerala.
So when will this rule apply to Pukta, beard, kacha and kirpan sporting sikhs?

So when will this rule apply to Pukta, beard, kacha and kirpan sporting sikhs?
Kripans are not allowed in a school and so is beard, its only the turban which is allowed as it is an integral part of a sikh.

In my Deccani state and in lot of India this burqa stuff and the mustache-less beard thing became so widespread in the mid-2000s. Before that none among my relatives wore burqa. Now many do, sadly. In my neighborhood there are even some idiot males who wear the Arabic male dress called thawb I am sure because they think it makes them "as Muslim as the holy Arabs". I have seen pictures on the internet of I think South Asian Muslims in Britain wearing the thawb. The Arabs must be laughing. This is all so ridiculous.

I am very surprised by the dress-code change even in India. Pakistanis have gradually embraced more Arabic culture over especially the last couple of decades but I had not expected that of Indian Muslims. But in Pakistan the process had started under Zia ul Haq. The long held 'Khuda Hafiz' [God be with you] from the Persian influence becoming the more Arabic 'Allah Hafiz'. The prevalent AND modest Shalwar Qameez worn by women in Pakistan is not as much common; the changes seem like more Western and tighter fitting trousers or more Arabian style clothes. Regardless, it was Zia ul Haq who started the Arabian influence and it was Musharraf who started to try to go back to the Sufi oriented Islam. But India is a surprise to me. I had been to India in 1980 and 1984 and in both trips had stayed there for quite some time. I don't think I EVER saw a single burqah/niqab wearing Muslim woman!

PS. Almost all women in my very extended circle of family and friends in Karachi still wear Shalwar Qameez. I believe it is modest and reflects Subcontinent's moderate Sufi-oriented Islamic culture.

1. I am speaking about my Sunni family. The change.

2. That TV serial is an indication to history much like how the female relatives of great Muslim ( and human ) leaders like Nasser and Gaddafi were never oppressed by the burqa. You can search for pictures.

This website seems like another of those misinforming websites like islamqa.info. Most of the references in your given page are from hadees. I will write about this and that Indian burqa girl Muskan in a few days and will tag you.
What is your point here?

You don't agree with something so it is oppression?

I also don't care if you think it is "misinforming", neither does it matter if it's from hadith because it's common for Muslims to believe in them. As I said before, there are different sects and beliefs within Islam with individual interpretations of scripture which they derive from. A Turkish drama or your personal experience means nothing about Islam itself.

Your argument here just seems more of a sectarian issue where you disagree with other beliefs.

(Which I don't mind, I'm not religious either, but you should understand people have their own beliefs and respect that.)

Last edited:
I am very surprised by the dress-code change even in India. Pakistanis have gradually embraced more Arabic culture over especially the last couple of decades but I had not expected that of Indian Muslims. But in Pakistan the process had started under Zia ul Haq. The long held 'Khuda Hafiz' [God be with you] from the Persian influence becoming the more Arabic 'Allah Hafiz'. The prevalent AND modest Shalwar Qameez worn by women in Pakistan is not as much common; the changes seem like more Western and tighter fitting trousers or more Arabian style clothes. Regardless, it was Zia ul Haq who started the Arabian influence and it was Musharraf who started to try to go back to the Sufi oriented Islam. But India is a surprise to me. I had been to India in 1980 and 1984 and in both trips had stayed there for quite some time. I don't think I EVER saw a single burqah/niqab wearing Muslim woman!

PS. Almost all women in my very extended circle of family and friends in Karachi still wear Shalwar Qameez. I believe it is modest and reflects Subcontinent's moderate Sufi-oriented Islamic culture.
they are coming for hijab its not about burqa, I say start wearing burqa
when they come hard, you come harder

My people never wore, hijab or anything in Pak but after a couple of years in states, started wearing a scarf
When you are under attack as a people group, you don't hide, become cowards and let it take happen
But protect yourself by every means necessary- showing and being proud of your identity is one of them

This change is only for Urdu speakers. Punjabi equivalent of khuda Hafiz is رب راکھا baqi Pakistani languages main bhi apna kehnay ka tareeqa hoga

Good to know. But you know Urdu language is the bond between Pakistanis and so that changes maybe subtle but not insignificant.
I distinctly remember the daily evening news on Pakistan Television--which was the only channel available in the 1980s in Pakistan-- had the newscaster lady switching from 'Khuda Hafiz' to 'Allah Hafiz'. Why not 'Khuda'?? What's wrong with Persian?? Heck, Pakistan's National Anthem is almost all Persian to the point of me playing it to an Iranian-American friend a few years ago and she was surprised and asked me: 'Is it in Urdu??'. She missed a few words like 'Tu' [You] or something like that.

My point is: Change in a society should happen 'organically'. Not some tin-pot dictator try to change tens of millions of people based on his own personal opinion.

Hindus have started using legal instruments to impose their world view (most of it aped from the west) on Muslims, there is no option but compliance for majority Muslims sadly they are paying the price of their forefathers decision who chose to live with these sub humans.

Hindus even though have perversion as part of their faith with their kamasutra and sexual parts as idols. But this has been documented in history that victors humilliate the defeated by targeting their women. Tripple talaq now this and more to come, responded with compliance will slowly erode their Muslimness where they and Hindus won't be distinguishable.

they are coming for hijab its not about burqa, I say start wearing burqa
when they come hard, you come harder

My people never wore, hijab or anything in Pak but after a couple of years in states, started wearing a scarf
When you are under attack as a people group, you don't hide, become cowards and let it take happen
But protect yourself by every means necessary- showing and being proud of your identity is one of them

Yes, that's a likely explanation. And I'd call it 'organically' grown.

Personally I do not see Noam Chomsky as an intellectual.

He is no better than Fareed Zakaria.
Noam Chomsky, is a legend in the US progressive/left circles. However, this p..... Zakaria, is a piece of s..., a self hating ugly soul, an apologist for his bovine loving homeland, and a Pakistan hater. IK should never have honored him with his interview.

Back
Top Bottom