What's new

India has turned Muslims into a 'persecuted minority': Noam Chomsky

What does that mean ?

I know more about Islam than you and all the half-baked mullahs everywhere put together. :) You know only rituals.

You will be among the same Pakistanis or Pakistan-origin people who will have waxed eloquent about the serial Ertugrul and will claim that you have watched all episodes in a few sitting, but when it came to portrayal of female dress in the serial you will do an about turn. How hypocritical !

And I have told you about my own family and my own school and college years when there was no burqa shurqa stuff.

You say that about him because you want to be perceived as being "law abiding" by other Pakistani members on PDF.

And why exactly should Salman Taseer have been tried by the government ?

Ah, but you have lynchings and a prime minister who cries along with an irrational "religious" leader who believes that COVID has afflicted humanity because women are immoral. Perhaps that "religious" leader will also say that solar flares happen on the Sun because of female "immorality".

So you will put hadees above the Quran ? Writing "PBUH" does not legitimize someone's ideas if they are irrational.
Exactly you moron. You do not know Islam.

I said Pakistanis should follow the Qur'an and Sunnah.

@waz @The Eagle ban this moron. He does not know Islam.

Mullahs would know more than this moron.

Noam Chomsky, is a legend in the US progressive/left circles. However, this p..... Zakaria, is a piece of s..., a self hating ugly soul, an apologist for his bovine loving homeland, and a Pakistan hater. IK should never have honored him with his interview.
Fareed Zakaria also got caught with plagiarism. Speaks about his moral "character."

What does that mean ?

I know more about Islam than you and all the half-baked mullahs everywhere put together. :) You know only rituals.

You will be among the same Pakistanis or Pakistan-origin people who will have waxed eloquent about the serial Ertugrul and will claim that you have watched all episodes in a few sitting, but when it came to portrayal of female dress in the serial you will do an about turn. How hypocritical !

And I have told you about my own family and my own school and college years when there was no burqa shurqa stuff.

You say that about him because you want to be perceived as being "law abiding" by other Pakistani members on PDF.

Ah, but you have lynchings and a prime minister who cries along with an irrational "religious" leader who believes that COVID has afflicted humanity because women are immoral. Perhaps that "religious" leader will also say that solar flares happen on the Sun because of female "immorality".

So you will put hadees above the Quran ? Writing "PBUH" does not legitimize someone's ideas if they are irrational.
Are you an idiot?

Qur'an is first, but Hadith and Sunnah is integral of understanding many aspects of Islam. You are an irrational idiot here.
Don't waste my time here.

I agree. In my Deccani state and in lot of India this burqa stuff and the mustache-less beard thing became so widespread in the mid-2000s. Before that none among my relatives wore burqa. Now many do, sadly. In my neighborhood there are even some idiot males who wear the Arabic male dress called thawb I am sure because they think it makes them "as Muslim as the holy Arabs". I have seen pictures on the internet of I think South Asian Muslims in Britain wearing the thawb. The Arabs must be laughing. This is all so ridiculous.

You speak of symbols being used as the means to fight back against Islamophobia. That is partly the truth and it is sad that decades of work done by progressive Muslims in many societies was destroyed by the regressives and the irrationals among Muslims who brought back the burqa especially when the burqa has nothing to do with Islam. Look at this picture of the heroine in the famous Turkish TV series Ertugrul whose story is set 800 years ago. She doesn't wear the burqa :
70d94247bae1313ccf8655847fbefded.jpg

Decades earlier Muslim leaders were progressives. Now...

It is true that even in my teens I didn't know of anyone eating cow meat or, as goes for the beef, buffalo meat. But ( Muslim ) people surely ate beef in many places in India. My family and much of the extended family I know speak Deccani Urdu. As for "hijab" and burqa, like I said earlier, there was no such thing even in my teens. All this drama is a relatively recent thing.

But what is a "Political Muslim" ?

As for Pakistani door being shut, well, I am concerned for the rational people there including progressives like Leather Jacket Girl, Arooj Aurangzeb, whose group takes as inspiration the progressive Mashal Khan who was lynched by a "religious" mob in 2017. Pakistani recently had the "religious" lynching of the Sri Lankan and only two days ago of a Muslim. Pakistan needs a General Musharraf.
No you moron,

Mumtaz Qadri had committed murder. That is the second most major sin in Islam.
I condemn Mumtaz Qadri.

Salman Taseer should be tried before an Islamic court, if he had done anything unIslamic.

Now shoo you moron.

Look at this picture of the heroine in the famous Turkish TV series Ertugrul whose story is set 800 years ago. She doesn't wear the burqa :
70d94247bae1313ccf8655847fbefded.jpg
There was no Burqa in the Oghuz Turkish tradition. You can also see this in the travel books of that period. It emerged centuries later as the integration with the other Muslim peoples increased and they took a place in the Ulema. With the modern republic, it has been reduced to a level that is almost none again.

What does that mean ?

Bro, you are one of the few Indian Muslims who actually want Muslims to progress rather than regress. I always believe that until Muslims don't mix with the mainstream society, they'll always lag behind.

Bro, you are one of the few Indian Muslims who actually want Muslims to progress rather than regress. I always believe that until Muslims don't mix with the mainstream society, they'll always lag behind.
How do you know that Indian member is a Muslim, or pretending to be one.

He questioned my Qur'an and Sunnah comment.

By the way what is an Indian Muslim doing on a Pakistani forum anyways?

Are you serious right now?

A Turkish drama serial meant to entertain people as its primary objective while having its basis on history, is your main source over actual reliable Islamic scripture?

And every mullah who decides not to follow Islam on the basis of a Turkish TV drama is irrational?

For starters, there is not a single unified belief in Islam, there are many different sects and beliefs, and then sub-sects. Quranic, Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi, then there are different schools of thought which interpret things differently, etc.

So what you've "seen" in your "personal experience":

A: Could be from any one of those multitude of different sub-beliefs.

B: Are people who are not strictly religious in how they follow their religion. I've seen Hindus eat beef, Muslims eat haram, not pray, etc. Does that change the rulings of Islam or Hinduism?

OR

C: May not be an accurate representation of reality (Your reference to TV serials...)
(Even if it is/was, refer back to A or B)

Then you probably should have read it and tried to actually find something directly from Islamic scripture...

Literally just Google it, and you'll find so many Hadith and Quranic verses which people believe to mean that women must wear something similar to the niqaab/burqa.

https://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/niqab1.htm - Just one after a quick search...
It is doubtful that @jamahir is a Muslim.

What would an Indian Muslim do on a Pakistani forum.

Reported for pretending to be a Muslim.

And how does @jamahir advise Muslims to progress? Pray tell.

We Pakistanis know what is best for our kind. As far as I am concern back off!

What does that mean ?

Again, are you an idiot? For an Indian Muslim, I know Islam is much more than just rituals.

You are a retard.

How is a TV drama soap opera an authority on Islam.

For me, Go to Qur'an and the Sunnah.

Last edited:
Always rated Noam Chomsky. Giving out clear and sincere analyses.

I dont think RSS-supporters understand big deal this is. Chomsky is not like a random pplitician or twitterati. He is a well respected academic who has huge numer of listeners.

Always rated Noam Chomsky. Giving out clear and sincere analyses.

I dont think RSS-supporters understand big deal this is. Chomsky is not like a random pplitician or twitterati. He is a well respected academic who has huge numer of listeners.
Noam Chomsky or no Noam Chomsky. One does not need Noam Chomsky.

Babri Masjid demolition
Gujarat riots 2002.

You name it. Muslims are treated as 2nd class citizens in India. In fact I sympathize their situation.

Jinnah was right all along. Ha it took a westernized Muslim to see that in a United South Asia, Muslims would be treated worse than animals.

Somebody on this forum, said they met some Gujarati Muslims who were more Pakistani than the Pakistanis themselves.

Why so much importance to Noam Chomsky? One does not need Noam Chomsky to come to the conclusion that Indian Muslims are treated like 2nd class citizens in India.

In short, hindus. are not ashamed,if they were, a killer of Gujrat massacre would not be elected as prime minister of india. This is your kind , nothing about a head scarf you liar your rage is against woman from this group-

Last edited:
Why so much importance to Noam Chomsky? One does not need Noam Chomsky to come to the conclusion that Indian Muslims are treated like 2nd class citizens in India.
muslims aren't treated as 2nd class citizens in India but dalits have been. That's also changed a lot though.
half the states are not even under bjp. Out of 36 states and union territories, 20 under bjp and its allies. Our states are very independent in their local functioning.
2ndly historically muslims were not a subjugated minority in India, so directly comparing them to the blacks in example usa as 2nd class citizens is wrong.

muslims aren't treated as 2nd class citizens in India but dalits have been. That's also changed a lot though.
half the states are not even under bjp. Out of 36 states and union territories, 20 under bjp and its allies. Our states are very independent in their local functioning.
2ndly historically muslims were not a subjugated minority in India, so directly comparing them to the blacks in example usa as 2nd class citizens is wrong.
Go tell that to the Gujarati Muslims I have met.

you could be right. best to let the indian muslims to speak for themselves.
Personally we Pakistanis do not care about India. We are different and it is time to go our separate ways.
In fact most Pakistanis do not like being associated with India.

We Pakistanis have our own culture and social ethos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom