What's new

India Eyes Spike, Javelin Buys

My friend Its quite regretful that Iran uses non-state actors. I did not expect this from Iran that It support activities of a non state actors that considered criminal activities by international laws. If Iran has any problem or Lebanon has any problem with Israel, then sort it out with Israel directly by fighting or negotiations. But non state actors can not considered more than terrorist.
I cant speak english very good but I can only say if resistance wasnt in region zionist regime now had occupied more countries plus palestine

Iran has no chance against Israel
Tech gap is to large & despite bieng so small or as some say 'Ituu sa' Israel produces a lot of advanced weaponry
Dear friend Israeal will defeat against iran less than 5 hours if any war happens.I'm not war liker but I khnow that after any war against Iran Israhell may not exist beacuse occupied territories are very small and fragile.If a war happens there is no end and end of it is freed Palestinian territories ... make sure israhell will defeated less than 5 hours. :pleasantry::pleasantry:

Dear friend Israeal will defeat against iran less than 5 hours if any war happens.I'm not war liker but I khnow that after any war against Iran Israhell may not exist beacuse occupied territories are very small and fragile.If a war happens there is no end and end of it is freed Palestinian territories ... make sure israhell will defeated less than 5 hours. :pleasantry::pleasantry:

Oh really
Besides the GCC no one in the Muslim world has the strength to take on Israel
Do tell me what equipment will iran use to defeat the evil Jews
With their antique F-14s or early models of Mig-29
On the other hand IAF has huge no of F-16 & F-15 with the best avionics in the world
Really Israel will crush Iranian a Airforce if a war occurs

what is this nonsense??? Defeating Israel in 5 hours??? if you count your weaponry Iran can't even stand in top 10... stop BS talk....

Guys can we keep Iran and Israel out of this topic pls..?

Even 'Feku' did not come in to power yet and you already started granting nationalist degrees?? Who are you to decide that who is Indian who is not?? Everyone has Its say in a democracy and he was referring to me as 'We', any problem?

I have seen his post full of hatred for India.You know it does not take much time to identify who is from which country knowing his views. You are butt hurt that I spanked on you other thread. desperate to settle score :). Don't take it personal dear, I said what everyone say that your Rahul Baba is a twat. As far as democracy is concerned I also have my say as I am also a part of same democracy.Any Problem ?

Javelin missiles are 25k a pop.

My Singaporean National Service buddy told me the top 2 in each class get to fire one. Out of a class of a few hundred. Not to forget that SG is a rich country.

Are they looking at a hi-lo mix. What is the logic of having two separate AT systems?

By what measure are the Javelin or Spike "low-tech"??

Sour grapes me thinks............

I think Indians have misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

An anti-tank missile is "low-tech" when compared to producing fighters, ships, tanks and even SAM systems like S-300.

Also the development costs of an anti-tank missile runs into the hundreds of millions of dollars rather than billions.

What I wanted to highlight is that a country like India should be able to manufacture anti-tank missiles that can be effective against both Pakistani and Chinese tanks and not spend billions buying from overseas.

An anti-tank missile is "low-tech" when compared to producing fighters, ships, tanks and even SAM systems like S-300.

Also the development costs of an anti-tank missile runs into the hundreds of millions of dollars rather than billions.

What I wanted to highlight is that a country like India should be able to manufacture anti-tank missiles that can be effective against both Pakistani and Chinese tanks and not spend billions buying from overseas.
It's getting there:

Nag+missile+test.jpg

These things don't happen overnight mate.

At the same time, a missile imported from abroad and one developed at home are going to end up producing the same result:

w3.jpg

Sorry; you got misunderstood then.

On the face of it ATGM Tech may seem "low-tech" compared to say SAMs. That generic statement may be true for Gen.1 ATGMs and to some extent to Gen.2 ATGMs. But Gen.3 ATGMs have an unusual degree of autonomy in operation which needs the required Tech to make them work with any degree of consistent success. The component that is critical to it is the Seeker. All the other Tech is in place, this is the one that needs getting tweaked all the time, before one can say that its infallible. The Javelin and Spike (Man-Portable) ATGMs belong to this latest generation, hence the interest.

Posts by the other members with associated photographs can give you an indication where India has reached so far. Making that system Man-Portable is still the challenge. India already makes and operates other Man-Portable systems; but they are of the older generation.

Back
Top Bottom