What's new

India Eyes Spike, Javelin Buys

Buy javelins, drop spike!
Buy spike, drop javelins!
Coz..
  • The Javeline has a range of 2.5 km. While the Spike has a range of 4 km with a larger version being able to reach 8 km.
  • They are both fire and forget, so once you lock on and fire you don't have to worry, it will hit the target. However, with the Spike you have the option of guiding the missile in flight. So if you want to abort you can fly it into a empty hillside; or if you see a better target you can move the crosshairs to it and BOOM! Also once the spike is fired you will see what the missile sees.
  • Plus the Spike is cheaper..!!
  • The penetration values of both warheads are same i.e. 700-800 mm RHA. So why go for a costly one..?!
  • Javeline is 0.3 kg heavier..!!
  • Spike can kill targets that are concealed behind barriers like houses, berms, hills, etc. whereas the javeline cannot.!!

More then 40 tanks where destroyed
In total, 50 Merkava tanks (predominantly Merkava IIs and IIIs) were damaged, eight of which remained serviceable on the battlefield. 21 tanks suffered armour penetrations (15 from missiles, and 6 from IEDs and anti-tank mines).
Merkava - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A grand total of four Israeli tanks were completely destroyed by Hezbolah's ATGMs.
Why u scream? First of all Kornet is not old. its about same age as Spike and Javelin. Secondly They destroyed 2 Israeli Merkava tanks in 1 month of fighting (one 30 years old Mk2 model and one 20 years old Mk3 model)

In total, 50 Merkava tanks (predominantly Merkava IIs and IIIs) were damaged, eight of which remained serviceable on the battlefield. 21 tanks suffered armour penetrations (15 from missiles, and 6 from IEDs and anti-tank mines).
You dont even understand the difference between damaged and destroyed o_O Grow up kid.

Why u scream? First of all Kornet is not old. its about same age as Spike and Javelin. Secondly They destroyed 2 Israeli Merkava tanks in 1 month of fighting (one 30 years old Mk2 model and one 20 years old Mk3 model)
Are u bio enginier or military eng?
I dont want say somthing out of topic subject.I want to ask u in 5 years later israeel has stronger air force or iran?And do u think a war happen between two coutries in 10 years later?

Are u bio enginier or military eng?
I dont want say somthing out of topic subject.I want to ask u in 5 years later israeel has stronger air force or iran?And do u think a war happen between two coutries in 10 years later?
I am a bio engineer, Israeli air force is generation ahead of Iranian and there is no chance that Iran will close the gap in 5 years, on contrary the gap will grow even more thanks to F-35, I dont think there will be war.

Why is India buying such a low-tech weapon like anti-tank missiles?

I am a bio engineer, Israeli air force is generation ahead of Iranian and there is no chance that Iran will close the gap in 5 years, on contrary the gap will grow even more thanks to F-35, I dont think there will be war.
I dont think at all.maybe not in 5 years but in 10 years I think Iran airforce power is after US china and Russia.Beacuase we have american teclonogy Russian tec and day by day we are growing and moving forward.in addition iranians are very intelligent.in 30 years later we couldnt throw up a missle but now we are third power in missle and can throw even missle into space.I think in ten years later discounting ruusia and usa there is no country equal to us in missle and airforce tec.F35 maybe is good but it will destroid only with a simple missle.Anyway 10 years later no coutry is equal to us discountin russia china an USA.All of your military power is in airforce and soon will be drawn.Your airforce power is just usa airforce power.

Who is We here ? You are not Indian.

Even 'Feku' did not come in to power yet and you already started granting nationalist degrees?? Who are you to decide that who is Indian who is not?? Everyone has Its say in a democracy and he was referring to me as 'We', any problem?

Why is India buying such a low-tech weapon like anti-tank missiles?

Only because BD did not make the ATGMs for India as promised saying that it was too low-tech for them too. Happy now?
While on this subject; check out which countries (in South Asia) have designed and made their own ATGMs so far; of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations respectively? And which Generation the Spike and Javelin missiles belong to?
All the info is available here on PDF in numerous discussions. You are likely to become better informed than you are now.

Hezbollah has no comparison with Israeli might. It might pinch here and there, but can't do any serious damage to Israel & Its forces.

I can understand your pain :girl_wacko:
If a weapon is damage in the battlefield and needs towing then the enemy has achieve the target .
Hezbollah learn from their brother hamas in occupy territory and found the weak point in your unvincible markava.

You dont even understand the difference between damaged and destroyed o_O Grow up kid.

You are right but after destroying almost all south lebanon israel cannot stop hezbollah from firing their rocket so israel with all its might was not able to achieve their goal.

Hezbollah has no comparison with Israeli might. It might pinch here and there, but can't do any serious damage to Israel & Its forces.

NEW DELHI — India is considering the purchase of both the Israeli Spike anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) and the US Javelin ATGM. Indian Defence Ministry sources said the Javelin purchase could include co-development of a new generation of the missile. Purchase would be on a government-to-government basis, added the source.

The Army currently depends on Russian Konkurs M and French Milan ATGMs, but these have a limited range.

India Eyes Spike, Javelin Buys | Defense News | defensenews.com

India also posses Kornet E (AT 14 Spriggan),SHtrum AT-6Spiral among others

indian friend hezbollah is irans sword dont underestimate hezbollah.in 33days war for the first time israeal army was defeated.later none of arb countries could defeat israeal but hezbollah could becuase it is irans sword.Now hezbollah is 5 times stronger More readily and I am sure if a war happen israeal will be faild bad.There are some tecnoligys in hezbollah that no arab country even can think about it.And they have very high level fighting skills wich even best soldier of israeal doesnt have it.Dont forget first army wich could defeayt israeal was hezbollah in 2005 and its first war against israeal.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom