What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

1370436400-first-step-to-make-kolkata-garbage-vat-free_2121699.jpg

the guy's leg is as muscular as my forearm

We know you don;t like us Indians but to stoop so low as to comparing someone's physical condition to your forearm? Dude, you can do better. We know you have a good heart. Stop flaying your upmanship like uncontrollable diarrhea.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have done that.

I don't think bringing a Businessweek article to forumers' attention constitutes trolling, unless you accuse Bruce Einhorn of trolling.

If by trolling you are referring to my posts on China's development experience, then please keep in mind that 'India vs. China' is a very popular topic in India, which makes China-related post especially pertinent and relevant. India invites comparison with China, and therefore these comparisons will be made, regardless if they are to your liking.

End of.

'Trolling' to me is when someone accuses another of 'trolling' when he simply dislikes what he hears from that person.

Cheers!

Swing it however you like; we can smell a troll from a mile away.

Swing it however you like; we can smell a troll from a mile away.

'We' can smell a troll? Who are 'we'?

Just for the record, which you can verify by going back through the posts, not nearly everyone agrees with your assessment.

Calling someone whose opinions differ from yours is the quintessential definition of trolling.

End of.

Cheers!

'We' can smell a troll? Who are 'we'?

Just for the record, which you can verify by going back through the posts, not nearly everyone agrees with your assessment.

Calling someone whose opinions differ from yours is the quintessential definition of trolling.

End of.

Cheers!

Who's 'we' you ask? Haha that's rather naiive of you. You've been asked more than once to start your own rubbish threads in order to "discuss" whatever it is that your itching to discuss, so why don't you stop being a dufus and do just that instead of putting in your two bits every page or two eh?

Who's 'we' you ask? Haha that's rather naiive of you. You've been asked more than once to start your own rubbish threads in order to "discuss" whatever it is that your itching to discuss, so why don't you stop being a dufus and do just that instead of putting in your two bits every page or two eh?

Seriously, who's this 'we'? Who are you speaking for? It's just you, a troll.

Seriously, who's this 'we'? Who are you speaking for? It's just you, a troll.

Oh lord it looks like I'm going to have to spoon feed this afternoon. 'We' = anyone who posts here/visits this thread with the intention of checking out photos of India's development. Anyone who does anything but, is a troll. How hard is that to figure out eh?

Right. Back to photos of developing India then?

Thank you for the suggestion. I have done that.

I don't think bringing a Businessweek article to forumers' attention constitutes trolling, unless you accuse Bruce Einhorn of trolling.

If by trolling you are referring to my posts on China's development experience, then please keep in mind that 'India vs. China' is a very popular topic in India, which makes China-related post especially pertinent and relevant. India invites comparison with China, and therefore these comparisons will be made, regardless if they are to your liking.

End of.

'Trolling' to me is when someone accuses another of 'trolling' when he simply dislikes what he hears from that person.

Cheers!

This is the definition of a troll:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

So per the above definition, you are surely a troll :D. Pull your d*** out of your own a** and have a nice day.

Wow, what a shot!

Indian Tri-Color NY's Empire State Building

midtown-with-es.jpg

Chennai Boom
-----------------

9518772648_1148dd24e5_b.jpg

Siemens Bangalore Airport
-------------------------------

BEML Bangalore Metro
--------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
The book

• The Next 100 Yrs.
talks little about India & Pak.

It clearly states India is no pushover and will be the definitive regional power, Super-power - neh?
Iran, Af-Pak., will continue back-&-forth as is with stricter US oversight, and China will continue to be insular and self-centered.

The book's a surprising quick and good read. The return of Russia, rise of China and India is there; Japan, Turkey and Poland are the real surprises.

Triumph 25 cc for India
---------------------------------

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgCUbBoel-1QnnItTiRSi7FXzBSQzYDUqZ6nJysR00D7XUJP9B1g[/IMG

BEML
-----------

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-20kfOGAl2mg/URZnGKyaOPI/AAAAAAAAFP4/deg0X98jz9Q/s1600/15BEML-CW-jpg_112740.jpg
]

I noticed that Bangalre metro is mroe Indian than other Indian metro systems.
Indigenisation! So like scooters, motorcyles, tractors small cars and then as the economy openend up India built up it's construction machinery, truck and bus industries; it's building an entire metro system industry.

So in older times one had Tata and Leyland buses and trucks fan out to every nook and corner of India over multiple generations, in 10 yrs. time they will bring metro systmes to smaller towns. Policy says Million strong 'towns' will also get metro systems. As localisation increases, so does roll-out and speed of project mgmt. I mena they tackled the hardest metro systems first - Cal., Del., Bom. etc.

Aerospace, ship-building and outer-space industries are a natural follow-on.

I noticed the top 10 groups like the Tata's, Reliance and Mahindra have actually established solid aerospace presence.

Mumbai
-------

6688413409_49614d70e7_b.jpg

mumbai19.jpg

mumbai22.jpg

^^

Mumbai Shanghai-ing ;) !

I was thinking with Mumbai's upcoming multi-mega-modal transport system, a dozen 100 storey super-talls under construction, and another 2 dozen planned compared to all the empty, misused space in Mumbai re: above pic.'s; Mumbai MMR is turning into something beyond what the world has ever seen. Beyond Shanghai!

Except I read they are turning Shanghai into a China-mega-agglomeration with 100's of million ppl.

Major difference is Shanghai's primary Pudong super-tall CBDis done, by govt. order. Aamchi Mumbai is sprouting super-talls organically by market driven forces. In 10 yrs. Mumbai will be the super-tall capital of the world.

Expect a lot more supers after the election. If they can do below in 1 shot, fully pvt. for-profit:

vomv.jpg

they can do a hell of a lot more going by opportunity re: empty ill-used land and Indian demand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom