What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Scenic view of Kochi

1150214_490828414335335_1788516356_n.jpg
312xzb4.jpg
15f3uwk.jpg

You Indians feel proud about monorails and big roads...I wish you could be proud of honest leaders, an ethics-driven society and corruption-free environment before the fancy roads and malls.

You Indians feel proud about monorails and big roads...I wish you could be proud of honest leaders, an ethics-driven society and corruption-free environment before the fancy roads and malls.

Unfortunately the monorails and the roads are here....the honest leaders and morally respectable society isn't....we have to live in the present....true story

Unfortunately the monorails and the roads are here....the honest leaders and morally respectable society isn't....we have to live in the present....true story

That's my problem with Indian opinions everytime, "we have to live in the present this way"...no you don't.

That's my problem with Indian opinions everytime, "we have to live in the present this way"...no you don't.

What exactly do you mean? If we dont live in the present where should we be?

About 10 years ago Indians didnt have access to any of this...this is a marked improvement. You cant just expect to blink your eyes and expect things to change in that time frame....Rome wasnt built in a day..

Can you provide some ideas on how we can take the "express" line to development?

Guys,

Sorry for being this blunt but this ch***t sounds like another Pa*i troll masquerading as an Indian forumer.

To expect a developing country, any developing country-India, China, Af-Pak, Arab Sultanates or Egypt to have honest leaders; isn't it too much, un-realistic!

Nissan Patrol In Guiness Book of World Records
------------------------------------------------------
- Nissan worked with OFD, Jabalpur and the Nissan based Jonga's and larger Shaktiman's filled in as stock IA vehicles.
Till local Tata, Mahindra, Ashok Leyland etc. came out with defence vehicles of their own.

Nissan Patrol tows 170-tonne cargo aircraft to enter Guinness Book of World -August 22, 2013

Guinness record as vehicle successfully tows cargo aircraft at Sharjah Airport

Nissan Patrol tows 170-tonne cargo aircraft to enter Guinness Book of World Records
1032741083.jpg

The UAE has made it to the Guinness Book of World Records yet again, thanks to the Nissan Patrol.

Today at Sharjah International Airport, Nissan Patrol broke the world record by successfully towing a 170-tonne cargo aircraft for over 55 metres in the presence of officials from Guinness Book of World Record, Nissan Middle East, Arabian Automobiles, Sharjah International Airport and Sharjah Civil Aviation authorities.

The 170 tonnes included weight of the Ilyushin Il-76 plane, fuel and cargo. It smashed the previous record by 15 tonnes.

The previous world record was held by Volkswagen’s Touareg which set the record five years ago by towing a Boeing 747 aircraft in Germany. An official from the Guinness Book of World Records confirmed the record.

The Ilyushin Il-76 plane is known as one of the world’s toughest cargo planes, designed to deliver cargo and take-off and land in some of the world’s most extreme environments.

Nissan Middle claimed a standard production Nissan Patrol was used for the attempt. The only modification done was on a towing hitch compatible with the aircraft to connect the car with aircraft's pushback ring.

Samir Cherfan, Managing Director, Nissan Middle East, said: "Today Nissan celebrates another landmark day in the Middle East with its second Guinness World Record in eight months. When we began this project we encouraged the people of the Middle East to dream up the next and ultimate challenge for the Hero of All Terrain, Nissan Patrol.

"The overwhelming response has been the inspiration for today’s historic events and we thank all who participated and His Excellency and the Sharjah International Airport for their priceless cooperation. The Guinness World Record for Nissan Patrol achieved here motivates us to ensure we deliver 'Innovation that Excites' in everything we do in the Middle East region.”

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/genera...-enter-guinness-book-world.html#ixzz2cikSuoG6

Nissan and their partner's Renault have $ mega billion plants and operations in India now, including exports. However, this model in not made in India as far as I know.

Off topic, India's upcoming Delhi-Mumbai freight corridor is going to rock.
It will be done in a handfull of yrs. from now. The corridor will change the industrial, population and development dynamic of India to such an extent that India will emerge a fully industrialised nation out of it.

At parity terms, it is budgeted @ $ 1 Trillion per Indian standards as we speak at start-up ( or $ 100 Billion nominal), it is the world's largest such corridor development ever.

Some of the 1'st Pic.'s I've Seen of said Western Freight Corridor

9IA0QQu.jpg

m07FKV3.jpg

50466805.jpg

Eastern Frieght Corridor

- I Thought the Eastern Frieght Corridor was at Concept Stage Only, Not!

9023364568_28c8f9bc21_b.jpg

@patentneer work on the EFC has begun- WOW!!!

This is another HUGELY improtant infra project.

Last edited by a moderator:
EFC

1fRph.jpeg

TATA-Aldesa are working on the Bhaupur-Khurja stretch

1fRpx.jpeg

Kanpur to Mughalsarai(Construction on the initial 122km section of Eastern DFC from Sonnagar to Mugalsarai began in 2009) is under bidding

1fRn7.jpeg

WFC
1fRsp.jpeg

Rewari-Palanpur contract has been signed by L&T and Sozitz
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
REPRESENTATIVES of the Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL) have signed contracts worth a total of Rs 67bn ($US 1.15bn) with a consortium of Sojitz, Japan, and Larsen & Toubro, India, for Packages 1 and 2 of the Rewari – Iqbalgarh stretch of the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC).

The contracts cover all civil works and trackwork on the 626km section of the route, including 1388km of track, 112 major bridges and 1118 minor bridges. All works must be completed within 48 months.

Back
Top Bottom