What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

source : SSCI , Cc: India101
2u7su3o.jpg

3442slx.jpg

Dude in my village in TN these buses are running for past 3 years
These buses were made available to all the tier-1 cities in India under JNNURM plan,its nothing new.
Hyderabad had got this bus 3-4 years ago---->
Semi%20Low%20Floor%20A%20.%20C...gif

now they got some new ones thats it.

These buses were made available to all the tier-1 cities in India under JNNURM plan,its nothing new.
Hyderabad had got this bus 3-4 years ago---->
Semi%20Low%20Floor%20A%20.%20C...gif

now they got some new ones thats it.

Trust me.... these buses are running in my coastal village but non AC.... I wish i have picture to upload.... and the fare in that buses are double than the normal ones.. but still lots of people travel in that bus

Trust me.... these buses are running in my coastal village but non AC.... I wish i have picture to upload.... and the fare in that buses are double than the normal ones.. but still lots of people travel in that bus
I trust you bro,like i said they were at first provided to tier1 cities then to tier2 and so on.

but non AC
that sounds weird ,are you sure those were not non AC ''low floor'' buses coz these are AC ones.
btw which city or village are you from in TN ,if you dont mind. :)

I trust you bro,like i said they were at first provided to tier1 cities then to tier2 and so on.

that sounds weird ,are you sure those were not non AC ''low floor'' buses coz these are AC ones.
btw which city or village are you from in TN ,if you dont mind. :)

Ya lower ones.. with no AC.... I've traveled in the same buses but with AC in Bangalore

Ya lower ones.. with no AC.... I've traveled in the same buses but with AC in Bangalore
Hmm...they almost look the same
Non AC low floor :
Metro%20Express.gif

AC low floor :
Low%20slp%20AC.gif

Volvo low floor AC :
19TVLOW_FLOOR_BUS_1272523f.jpg

this is how most of there buses are differentiated in almost all Indian cities.
now just choose the one you have travelled in :D

Hmm...they almost look the same
Non AC low floor :
Metro%20Express.gif

AC low floor :
Low%20slp%20AC.gif

Volvo low floor AC :
19TVLOW_FLOOR_BUS_1272523f.jpg

this is how most of there buses are differentiated in almost all Indian cities.
now just choose the one you have travelled in :D

Similar to first one

Too much of development , lets have a drive down the memory lane :D
kalyan railway station
Kalyan_Station_in_the_year_1945.jpg

mumbai CST
Victoria_station_Mumbai.jpg

Dadar
dadarstation.jpg

Ballard pier
080809_1657_RareOldMumb5.jpg

kalyan junction
4a02612r.jpg

chruch gate
2059362638_050d83a6ab.jpg

Old_Mumbai_Churchgate.jpg

mumbai central
o02.jpg-48987d1261384037

old vasai creek bridge
Frontier_Mail_at_Old_Vasai_Creek_bridge.jpg

e09.jpg-48982d1261382517

Last edited:
Ever seen water train surfing :D
India_Monsoon__systems@deccanmail56465.jpg

7371098884_a920d6ef6c_z.jpg

b_id_404517_local_trains.jpg

Bombardier Mumbai locals :
New-train.jpg

train_3.jpg

Cabin :
10572643334_7023e18196.jpg

Domestic subsidiary of US-based off-road and all-terrain vehicle maker Polaris Industries today launched its 1,131-cc V-twin engine bike 2014 Indian Scout, priced at Rs.11.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)

"The launch of the Indian Scout in the United States has proved to be successful in stirring a new wave of enthusiasm," Polaris India managing director Pankaj Dubey said.

The Minnesota-based Polaris acquired Indian Motorcycles in April 2011 and unveiled a new range of motorcycles in August 2013.

The company has dealerships at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Srinagar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Nagaland and New Delhi.

Indian Scout launched by Polaris in India at Rs 11.99 lakh : Auto, News - India Today

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 25
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 28
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 23
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 22
Domestic subsidiary of US-based off-road and all-terrain vehicle maker Polaris Industries today launched its 1,131-cc V-twin engine bike 2014 Indian Scout, priced at Rs.11.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)

"The launch of the Indian Scout in the United States has proved to be successful in stirring a new wave of enthusiasm," Polaris India managing director Pankaj Dubey said.

The Minnesota-based Polaris acquired Indian Motorcycles in April 2011 and unveiled a new range of motorcycles in August 2013.

The company has dealerships at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Srinagar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Nagaland and New Delhi.

Indian Scout launched by Polaris in India at Rs 11.99 lakh : Auto, News - India Today

^^^
Nice!

Different kind of Indian though.

indianmoto.jpg

I really need to say Polaris might as well super size it's India operations, nothing at all to to do with ''Indian'' brand bikes, to take on Harley, BMW, Triumph etc. The high end bike market was cleaned up by the Japanese Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki some time ago. The former western Co.'s are a revived, renewed and rejuvenated avatar of their former selves.

India is a change agent in this business now and and really take the bike avatars to a different level for another 100 yrs. Prices need to crash 5-10 times and Polaris needs to get into farming and sign up with the state banks. Polaris 'terrain' vehicles are actually tailor made for small farming in India. With new ID cards, Polaris can spread its net by jumping in with newly found logistics Co.'s and leveraging cheaper US raised funds for a rental business for Polaris tools, aggregates and vehicles. They'll be going up against India's very biggest.

:offtopic: Some 'Indiginisation' should be left alone. Bombardier is a french speaking Quebec's Montreal HQ'ed Co. The Bombardier Co., the city of Montreal and the province of Quebec are sexy enough that in indiginising Bombardier's re: Bombay 'locals', they need not have gone to the overzealous extent of indiginising Bombardier design, c'mon. Bombardier products are among the best designed products in the world.

For eg. They Could Have Commissioned This Bomb. Design and Worked to Develop & Indiginise IT
images

20 Yr. Old Bombardier's in My Hometown
images

Otrain.jpg

Concept Russian Tram

images

Voith Train Concept

93088_voith.jpg

Vs.

Brand New 'Indiginised' Bombardier Mumbai 'Local' per Above
tn_in-Mumbai-PhaseII-EMU_e62cfc6ff2.jpg

This is one thing ...