What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

I am hard pressed to choose what i like more . T2 of Mumbai airport of T3 of New Delhi .....

Woah.. The new Bombay air port looks fab.. Whats the extent of greater Bombay now ?

It will very soon creep on Pune . And Pune is a city 150 KM away from Mumbai .

Woah.. The new Bombay air port looks fab.. Whats the extent of greater Bombay now ?

That's the old (domestic) terminal 1, the new one is in a different league altogether. Greater Bombay includes areas that fall under the BMC i.e Bombay city and its suburbs.

^^ a truly remarkable achievement given the crippling space constraints. It really is a dream come true, this.

Copyright Yogesh Naik

10394820_10152795336769384_318524031844381330_n.jpg

98zmma.jpg

Its alarming that these people are trying to emulate the Arabics in attire. Look at that fat guy. Topi even in airport? :o
No wonder more then 100 Indians have gone to do Jihad for ISIS

There is nothing wrong with the "Attire" of this gentleman. who are you to pass judgment on others? Stop generalizing

There is nothing wrong with the "Attire" of this gentleman. who are you to pass judgment on others? Stop generalizing

Agreed. Many of us get an inferior feeling when we wear traditional dresses instead of the western trouser-shirt. Kurta, pyjama, dhoti, pagdi, lungi, etc. are very much south asian dresses and there's nothing wrong in wearing them at a public place.

Mumbai attackers were wearing denim and t-shirts... should we start avoiding these dresses also? Let's not generalize or spread paranoia.

That's the old (domestic) terminal 1, the new one is in a different league altogether. Greater Bombay includes areas that fall under the BMC i.e Bombay city and its suburbs.

Impressive!! Just wondering the SqKm area of Bombay.. Must be close to one of the largest city spans in the world by now

Impressive!! Just wondering the SqKm area of Bombay.. Must be close to one of the largest city spans in the world by now

At a little over 600 sq.km, the Greater Bombay area itself isn't as large as one might think, and that's because of the city's unique topography. The extended suburbs of Thane, Kalyan, Bhiwandi, and the satellite city of New Bombay, add quite a bit of sq.km coverage to the figure above, though, compared to the area of Delhi NCR, Bombay is much smaller.

^^
While I agree with the respect thing, mind the fashion show. Why do all kinds of people in India insist on some reverse type of fashion to stand out and apart rather then the standard shirt and pant. Why?

On reclamation! I say keep reclaiming all the way to Dubai and then to Zanzibar, even Durban and Mauritius. Market it as the new Pangea. Pangea was always the historical connection in those parts ;).

If Indian majority and nominal Global expertise and petrodollars in tinny Dubai can scoop real-estate out of the sea and sell it back to Indians, then who's stopping India ?

Sorry, one thing I find ridiculous is how even the educated, literate and net savvy Indians overdo 'environmentalism. Landlords, the real powers-that-be have brainwashed everyone top-down. Plain truth: The majority of Indians in British and Mughal Colonial cities live in ghetto like conditions; while the high-and-mighty 'Colonial' type merchant prices and their professional Dr., CA, MBA, LL.B. retinue live like the Sultans of yore with their bs land grabs.

Wake-up, 10's of millions in each city living like roaches need re-development, reclamation, sky-high towers, over-the-top infrastructure not forests, mangroves, beaches, river-fronts, salt pans, explosive ordnance warehouses and defence cantonments, bird sanctuaries, milk dairies, mega factories, radar zones, spectrum skies, etc. etc.

Inversely, go grab some prime real-estate for a 'chaiwaala' sq. ft. After Batliwaala, Bootpolishwaala and Dabbawaalla's, hey Bombaywaala, you related to 'Chaiwaala' bro ?

Today's ghetto like Indian is the highest value environmental cause. Don't miss the wood for the trees.

Do others a favor and do not pull ideas out of your ***. With the rising sea levels, reclaimed land will eventually be in big trouble. Maybe in the short run it is beneficial, not in the long run. These are bigger concerns and population control is the only effective way of dealing with them.

Dude you need to calm down. Being a 50 year old virgin does not give you the right to take your frustration out on others. Go drill a hole in a wall (or a watermelon, whatever you fancy) and stroke away. Do not take your over the top aggression out over here.

Do others a favor and do not pull ideas out of your ***. With the rising sea levels, reclaimed land will eventually be in big trouble. Maybe in the short run it is beneficial, not in the long run. These are bigger concerns and population control is the only effective way of dealing with them.

Dude you need to calm down. Being a 50 year old virgin does not give you the right to take your frustration out on others. Go drill a hole in a wall (or a watermelon, whatever you fancy) and stroke away. Do not take your over the top aggression out over here.

^^^
Reclamation is must!

Short term is everything because right now is when Bombay needs wood, steel, concrete and housing. Sea rise and all, that's bullocks mate. Holland, Singapore, Gujarat itself, HK, NY, Tokyo, Dacca, Montreal, Dubai have been predicted to be under water for a century. Quite the opposite actually.

We are young and will take care of the future. Problem is NOW! Preserve the children of the slums instead of preserving mangrove $hit or salt pans or Borivali. Stunted, nutrient deficient and hyper children will destroy this Bombay future you are so worried about. What about the present? Mumbai hi-fi don't worry about the simple, in-your-face slums and kids because they pack foreign passports. Who inherits then? The future is now.

Once in control, China popped up GM forest in the Gobi desert west of Beijing in 10 yrs. flat. Wake-up.

:crazy: 'thegujju-tiya', look who's talking?

Stop sniffing up others' a$$e$t'$.
I know homosexuality is newly legal and all good stuff your side now, must you advertise here?

Go take your un-solicited advice to your mental Bapu and mymmy. You sure do him much good calling me corp. names like Vigin Inc. or whatever. Just because your folks abused you ... dhando $aalla.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom