What's new

India Considers Buying 126 Eurofighters From Germany

But they still rejected it along with raptor, blackbird and lightning which was a very shocking incident in aerospace industry.

Thats why they rejected it.
They had no money:lol:

What do u think they found jf-17 better:bunny:

Providing source code for Radar was prerequisite of competition.

Fabrication expertise, probably not.

Radar,engine,irst,jammers,spectra components,hud's etc will be imported directly and just assembled here in india.
Thats how these things work.

I think Pakistan will protest China if we sell you guys J10b. To be honest, J10B is really worth the price it tags. With the price you pay dassault, you can go for F35. Some times you don't know how much envy i've got for India about the easy access to western technology, we are totally isolated.

Ahahahahah.....you have Tiennamen square massacre to thank for the sanctions/isolation we placed on you. :agree::agree::p:
Anyway you shouldn't feel that sad, since if we had not done that, even today you will still be the worlds largest arms importer by a long margin(putting even India to shame). :agree::bounce:. So all isn't doom and gloom for you. :D

As for India, I agree with what the other India member he-man(or whatever that name means.lol) said, when India becomes more big and powerful, I think we won't be that willing to share tech with them, since they might also pose a threat to us as well in the long term, especially when our interests dont match anymore.

There are no permanent friends in politics only permanent interests. :D

Laughable statement.
Rafale is multirole...............Ef IS SIMPLY NOT.

That aside not having an aesa is deal breaker on the spot

It seems you are not focused.. EFT is one of the best Fighter.. India selected Rafale doesn't mean that is superior to prior.. Kindly go thru archive discussion on EFT and Rafale in Indian MMRCA sticky thread...

EFT is best.. But Rafale fit best in our requirement..

PAF never had money for Rafale.

It's not exactly like going for a test drive.....back then, PAF considered both the Rafael and EFT.
DSC08206.jpg

U are making the same useless assumption again and again.
There is a swiss evaluation report on ef vs rafale.

Its downloadable in pdf format,go through it.
http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFYQFjAJ&url=http://www.letemps.ch/r/Le_Temps/Quotidien/2012/02/13/Suisse/Textes/gripen.pdf&ei=Q60OVJHpIYOiugShyIHoBg&usg=AFQjCNHBQxsINWZe1wxgA4ST-4J49cwjpw&bvm=bv.74649129,d.c2E

If cost was the only criterion then we would have got mig-35.
Hell why not more mki??

And please make a more reasonable argument,,,money alone is not everything,if it was mig-35 would have been selected.

Cost became a factor only after technical parameters were deemed acceptable. That is why we ended up with the two most costly planes. Financial submissions were opened only after the shortlist, the losers did not get it even opened. That is something I have argued against right from the very beginning. Having light fighters like the Gripen in the competition against heavier fighters made no sense if they could not bank on one of the most important factors - the price to value factor. However after having done what they did , the IAF shortlisted the two aircrafts. You can go on & on about a swiss evaluation, that is irrelevant to the IAF and is of interest only to the likes of us. IAF had its evaluation & they don't give a damn about the Swiss report just like they didn't care about Brazil's decision to junk the Rafale.

But as i said earlier if price diff is more than 3 billion or so then ef is a good option as its a lot of money

This is actually contradictory to your claims. according to you, the EF is rubbish. How does it matter if it comes at some $ 3 billion less than the Rafale. Wouldn't it still be rubbish?

But such mammoth price difference cannot be overlooked when in future ef will almost be equal to rafale anyway.
Even a 2-3 billion$ diff is not justifiable.....forget 10 billion$.

But i think the article is bullshit,,,,there cannot be such huge price difference

The India Today report says that the EF was offered at $17.5 billion as against the Rafale's $20 billion. The earlier EF offer was calculated at $21 billion.

Cost became a factor only after technical parameters were deemed acceptable. That is why we ended up with the two most costly planes. Financial submissions were opened only after the shortlist, the losers did not get it even opened. That is something I have argued against right from the very beginning. Having light fighters like the Gripen in the competition against heavier fighters made no sense if they could not bank on one of the most important factors - the price to value factor. However after having done what they did , the IAF shortlisted the two aircrafts. You can go on & on about a swiss evaluation, that is irrelevant to the IAF and is of interest only to the likes of us. IAF had its evaluation & they don't give a damn about the Swiss report just like they didn't care about Brazil's decision to junk the Rafale.

This is actually contradictory to your claims. according to you, the EF is rubbish. How does it matter if it comes at some $ 3 billion less than the Rafale. Wouldn't it still be rubbish?

The other parties might be interested if the gates are opened.
I believe Americans would jump in to the mud pool and maybe swedish too.
It might trigger another set of media campaigns.
Dont you think?

Indians are hard at bargaining :lol:.
Just lay back and enjoy the show :pop:

Did we bargain good enough with M2K upgrade or scorpene deal or even snecma engine agreements?
Did we bargain hard on FGFA?

Well, the bargaining mechanism is stupid not hard.

France letting you evaluate Rafale out of courtsey does not mean that you have money to but it; not today, not tomorrow.

A car dealership gives you a test drive even if they know that you are not going to buy their Car.
That's the difference between a car and a fighter jet. :lol:
As for courtesy, there's news on this very forum that the Russians are not letting Indians near the Pak FA, where India is an allegedly equal partner.....PAF declined the Rafael after analysing it's performance in a joint exercise......now you will argue that PAF never exercised with Rafael. ;)

Rafale offers full ToT as well as its excellent Air to Ground plat form , For Air to Air India already wields Su-30MKI's and later PAKFA will play the role of air superiority and Rafale will satisfy role as Air to Ground platform

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom