What's new

India: Compulsory broadcast of national interest content

Bilkul

Nah. Choice de di toh launde patli gali ne khisak lenge. 4-5 dande pichhwade pe pad bhi gaye to kuch nahi hota. All part of life
lol, apparently its a thing, they're catching em pretty young these days (or maybe its always been the case, dunno)

looks like a not very tough discipline martial art

might come in handy against an enraged communist or muslim mob

This is what I was talking about a country/media which hates science. I am sure our nation has the largest proportion of idiots in the world.

Cricket.jpeg

This is what I was talking about a country/media which hates science. I am sure our nation has the largest proportion of idiots in the world.

View attachment 895420

Cow belt media would be sad if it weren't so comic. Maybe regional language is equally bad, just that I don't understand their content.

Actually this is not even journalism or media. It is low grade entertainment meant to titillate people with low IQ and even lower self esteem. People who are frustrated in their low quality jobs, low pay, nagging wife, small house, incapable children, neighbour who is doing better etc etc. These people probably read idiocies like Manohar Kahaniyan and stuff like that sitting in a barber shop somewhere in the 90s. Now that reading habits are dead, both the content creators and their patrons have moved to such shows.

Sounds good, but the reintroduction of it at a stage where it has been gone for so long, means that the government is ideally trying to mould the general populace into a certain shape or form, to create the most powerful possible communities, families and economic hubs within India.

This is an excellent strategy, but can also be likened to what some dude with a cross pattern on his shoulder did in Germany, once upon a time.

Sounds good, but the reintroduction of it at a stage where it has been gone for so long, means that the government is ideally trying to mould the general populace into a certain shape or form, to create the most powerful possible communities, families and economic hubs within India.

This is an excellent strategy, but can also be likened to what some dude with a cross pattern on his shoulder did in Germany, once upon a time.

Yes, it remains to be seen what kind of content will come up. And also what kind won't. Either ways, I expect a lot of hullabaloo in SM when this is actually implemented. Right now it is barely a news that anyone knows about.

View attachment 895420
Funny and retarded as this was, I'd rule a no foul here... No harm, no foul... A certain level of chewtiapa is fun even.

There are far more insidious levels of borderline dangerous rhetoric that also go on unchecked on our national media, the twitter sphere, and political discourse in generally.. And dare I suggest that both sides and their sycophants are guilty of it ?

There are far more insidious levels of borderline dangerous rhetoric that also go on unchecked on our national media, the twitter sphere, and political discourse in generally.. And dare I suggest that both sides and their sycophants are guilty of it ?
Woh to hai. But there will be other ways of tackling them.

With this 30 mins move I think the government is also trying to reign in the Bobs and Vagene kind of lukkhas and make them more sanskari, productive people of the nation. So they have my phull sapport. Some proverbial kambal kutai is necessary otherwise people will become too soft and self centred.

Funny and retarded as this was, I'd rule a no foul here... No harm, no foul... A certain level of chewtiapa is fun even.

There are no sides about stupidity. What is stupid and unscientific needs no further explanation or debates.

There are no sides about stupidity. What is stupid and unscientific needs no further explanation or debates.
what, you one of those militantly anti theist folk or what ? Whataver it is, don't be that partisan and black and white in how you see things. This is what you said:

"This is what I was talking about a country/media which hates science."

^good example of a sweeping generalization if there ever was one.

India waaley ho, boss.. of course we got more than our share of those who one may think of as absolutely nuts.. jadoo tona, rituals, tantriks, hakeems and exorcist priests.. har religious flavor ka mystical woo-woo milega. I see it as part of the charm of India, also a skeptic and don't partake in it myself but doesn't bother me.. most of it is not malevolent in nature.

Live and let live, nobody's forcing you to go to a shamshaan and perch yourself atop a corpse, do Shiva meditation and become an aghori.. or are they ? :P

Mostly agnostic here, but who's to say what is and isn't... the universe is a big place and we're still learning.

I think this is a good move. Cable TV has become too dumb. Some yanking back to the good old Doordarshan days wont hurt. On the flip side, so many are glued to their phones these days, not watching conventional cable TV. Not sure how the government will mandate this on streaming platforms.

Back when I was a kid, there were regular features on:
  • Zyada bachay na paida kare
  • Druggie na bane
  • Honhaar kisaan kaisa bane
  • Diesel kaise bachaya jaye
  • Etc etc
This time the themes are:
  • Education and spread of literacy (Whatsapp University se bahar niklo)
  • Agriculture and rural development (There is life beyond Bangalore potholes)
  • Health and family welfare (Biwi bacho ko mat peeto)
  • Science and technology (Ootpatang nuskhe mat apnao)
  • Welfare of women (Ditch **** sites and pay attention to biwi)
  • Welfare of women Part 2 (stop coveting neighbour's biwi)
  • Welfare of the weaker sections of the society (Stop being a bully)
  • Protection of environment and of cultural heritage (Jagah jagah mootna band karo)
  • national integration (Meet your neighbour once in a month)

@Sharma Ji @INS_Vikrant @StraightEdge @Baba_Yaga @my2cents @Black Tornado @SoulSpokesman @DabbuSardar and other Indians.

@SIPRA paaji, being an oldie like me, I am sure you will appreciate the intent ☝️
More live free advertising for govt. to promote their party agenda forward.

That's your choice, I don't use lyrical words to describe idiots and buffoons.
Learn to live in the world, bro, there's all sorts here.

Why would a random Sadhu meditating somewhere or some Muslim prostrating toward Mecca bother you ?

Live and let live, man.. or at the very least try and live and let be. Aapko kisi ne force kia kya ?

Why would a random Sadhu meditating somewhere or some Muslim prostrating toward Mecca bother you ?

And who told you that bothers me? just because I don't believe in idiotic baba's or astrology doesn't make me a muslim.

I remember a time when I realised that Indian society doesn't believe in any type of scientific attitude. Do you remember the time when Ganesh drinking milk incident became viral here ? I was in school, my friend was very excited and went to a temple for that. We were discussing this in our class next day, it was a Social Sciences class. He mentioned this to our teacher. That teacher was really unique. He told him try to give him Old Monk instead of milk and check the result. I wish few had the belief and courage to do this today.

And who told you that bothers me? just because I don't believe in idiotic baba's or astrology doesn't make me a muslim.
You seem to be quite hostile toward the very idea of religion.. that's the vibe I got at least from your posts.

I remember a time when I realised that Indian society doesn't believe in any type of scientific attitude. Do you remember the time when Ganesh drinking milk incident became viral here ? I was in school, my friend was very excited and went to a temple for that. We were discussing this in our class next day, it was a Social Sciences class. He mentioned this to our teacher. That teacher was really unique. He told him try to give him Old Monk instead of milk and check the result. I wish few had the belief and courage to do this today.
LMAO, I was in school too when the Ganesh drinkiing thing went viral.. my old granny (RIP) was over the moon trying to feed it milk (would've been awful rude to say "but nani, saara doodh to neechey gir gya and fluffy the lahsa apso pee raha hai) lol

Old Monk ki bhi dink laga latay, mood me thei, Ganpati Bappa that day :D

Back
Top Bottom