What's new

India: Compulsory broadcast of national interest content

Paitoo

Reaction score
Country
India

I think this is a good move. Cable TV has become too dumb. Some yanking back to the good old Doordarshan days wont hurt. On the flip side, so many are glued to their phones these days, not watching conventional cable TV. Not sure how the government will mandate this on streaming platforms.

Back when I was a kid, there were regular features on:
  • Zyada bachay na paida kare
  • Druggie na bane
  • Honhaar kisaan kaisa bane
  • Diesel kaise bachaya jaye
  • Etc etc
This time the themes are:
  • Education and spread of literacy (Whatsapp University se bahar niklo)
  • Agriculture and rural development (There is life beyond Bangalore potholes)
  • Health and family welfare (Biwi bacho ko mat peeto)
  • Science and technology (Ootpatang nuskhe mat apnao)
  • Welfare of women (Ditch **** sites and pay attention to biwi)
  • Welfare of women Part 2 (stop coveting neighbour's biwi)
  • Welfare of the weaker sections of the society (Stop being a bully)
  • Protection of environment and of cultural heritage (Jagah jagah mootna band karo)
  • national integration (Meet your neighbour once in a month)

@Sharma Ji @INS_Vikrant @StraightEdge @Baba_Yaga @my2cents @Black Tornado @SoulSpokesman @DabbuSardar and other Indians.

@SIPRA paaji, being an oldie like me, I am sure you will appreciate the intent ☝️

Last edited:
Well meaning, I suppose, but they should've made it mandatory only for DD (govt. run) and not impose this on private ones. Even back in the DD only days, who tf was watching Krishi Darshan ? :P We all watched Chitrahaar and Mungeri Laal etc instead :D

Well meaning, I suppose, but they should've made it mandatory only for DD (govt. run) and not impose this on private ones.
No one watches DD now. Hence the move to include private channels. 30 mins a day is not much. These private mofos have been having too much of a free run

I can't stand the TV "debates" in hindi/english channels. In fact in Bangla ABP Ananda the debates are better moderated and don't see cat fights.
I think our media is very anti-science, I think our nation as a whole doesn't encourage science/technology properly. eventually we will pay a price for this. There is some focus on IT, but not on core sciences. I would love if media can ingnite that passion in people. Maybe we will have less idiots in future.

What kind of national interest ? based on RSS symbolic nationalism just reducing nation to few symbols, to benefit few
or based on viewing nation as people.
It seem BJP wants to save money spend on promotional advertisement on private channels.
And divert the money to paid search engine and social media advertising, were most people fed up with propaganda on TV are migrating to.

Last edited:
Government should just buy ads on YouTube, Facebook and Insta or in app ads instead of TV for such public interest messages.

There's a higher chance of people watching them than TV.

What kind of national interest ? based on RSS symbolic nationalism just reducing nation to few symbols, to benefit few
It seem BJP wants to save money spend on promotional advertisement on private channels.
And divert the money to paid search engine and social media advertising, were most people fed up with propaganda on TV are migrating to.
National interest could be defined.

Depicting : Colonial rule achievements, Mughal empire advantages, backwardness of ancient Indian culture should be made mandatory to include.

Let's not jump the gun. We don't know what sort of content we will be seeing. The themes seem to be reasonable.

This is the state of Indian media right now, maybe one day they will compete with NK media.

India.jpeg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom