What's new

India all set to lease a second nuclear submarine from Russia

Cost is not the sole determinant factor. Efficiency in the assigned role(s) is as important. Boomers are nearly useless in Coastal Areas.

Yaar can u tell me what missiles are carried by russian akulas compared to our ins chakra??

I read somewhere in the latest Indian express Sunday edition that our INS Chakra (Akula class) is a museum piece compared to latest Borlei class. If India wants to go for 2nd leased one then can we not ask for something more advanced than Akula class. Previous to INS Chakra there was Charlie class. They would not share Borlei class but at least next design after Akula Class. Can some body throw some light on this from?

Cost is not the sole determinant factor. Efficiency in the assigned role(s) is as important. Boomers are nearly useless in Coastal Areas.

sir jee what is the cost of scorpene sub with/without AIP?? I am sure AIP one will cost around $700-800 millions per unit.

I think I meant precisely that in my post.....:)
But Thanks anyway, @AhaseebA; anything to get you out of hibernation.

Oh yeah, realized that later. My bad :P
I'm stuck with missiles and nukes, so please do something to escalate the situation at the border so we can see some action and stuff of my interest. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck with missiles and nukes, so please do something to escalate the situation at the border so we can see some action and stuff of my interest. :laugh:

No jee; you were very precise in your post; so there is just nothing that can be found fault with. As with your "missiles and nukes". :)
Life is exciting enough and sufficiently uncertain as it is. Please do not ask for any further escalations......... :D

It is already well known that, for the P-75I project, the IN has always been insisting that the first two be built overseas. That number can be enhanced.

Should we not insist that personnel from MDL and Hindustan Shipyard are sent to be trained when those 2 boats are being built, instead of them realising 2 years after work starts, that they have problems?

Should we not insist that personnel from MDL and Hindustan Shipyard are sent to be trained when those 2 boats are being built, instead of them realising 2 years after work starts, that they have problems?

I have said the same things in another thread,,,,good thinking:devil: but u know what we have the worst planners in our ministry of defence and all the things logical to the whole world are beyond them

Mark my words it will also face serious delays and project 75i will not see the light before 2020 when ideally

1)we should already have awarded the contract simultaneously with scorpenes as this is the only way out otherwise we will again go the scorpene way ie DELAY

That can be done; subject to negotiation and agreement. Though; if it is a case of completion of construction: then there will be an overseeing team from the IN that will stand-by at the Shipyard till commissioning. The buyer/purchaser has an inherent right to oversee the construction; in case of a lease, that has to be negotiated. The IN's presence as end-user is vitally important, not that of a third-party Constructor.

That can be done; subject to negotiation and agreement. Though; if it is a case of completion of construction: then there will be an overseeing team from the IN that will stand-by at the Shipyard till commissioning. The buyer/purchaser has an inherent right to oversee the construction; in case of a lease, that has to be negotiated. The IN's presence as end-user is vitally important, not that of a third-party Constructor.

what about akula(russia) vs akula(india)??

What about that? What do you mean by that? Are you thinking of a bout of Kushti? :laugh:

nana yaar i just wanted to know what missiles our ins chakra carries and what does their akula carry??

i have failed to find any source which tells about this

4 time u saw action with result...So Please do escalate situation 5th time at border ...You will have fun... :yay:

Back
Top Bottom