What's new

In a first for Pakistan, Lodhi rings NASDAQ's bell to mark independence day

I only countered him on the fact that it is a self promoting event and not an invitational event.

It's the article misleading the readers. This line gives the assumption that Pakistan was invited to ring the opening bell.

This is the first time the stock exchange has opened its doors to an ambassador from Pakistan to ring the opening bell to mark its Independence Day.

It's the article misleading the readers. This line gives the assumption that Pakistan was invited to ring the opening bell.

Sure. I'm sorry. It was never my intention to say anything less about Pakistan. Its just that 'Viper001' goes overboard about anything Pakistan while degrading India. So I was replying in the same coin.

This is like talking to a half witted. Its was for promotion of a movie and was financed by "Fox Searchlight Pictures". If you have even an ounce of intelligence, please go through the link and comeback with a reply.

NASDAQ MarketSite Events

I think I said this to someone (or you, WAY above), this was a failed attempt by some big American investors (under pressure from the Indian government) to start to invest into Indian movies. The Kajol thing was their way of marketing Bollywood to Hollywood investors. It didn't go well as the US investors would rather invest into Hollywood, than Bollywood.

This is pure marketing and investment strategy. In a country's case, it works, in an industry's case, it may or may not work. Just like Bollywood's case it didn't work, but the rest of the Indian industry kept getting billions of investments.

Now time for you to put some water on your rear as its burning up. But some burning ointment on it and cool off. Worst case, if you don't have anything available, use toothpaste all over your rear and don't sit down for a few hours. It'll help with the burning sensation. If the burning gets severe, please call whatever emergency service number they may have in your town.

Yes, because NYSE was out of their reach......:P

This is the stupidest post of the year!!!! NASDAQ is a part of the NYSE. The Wall Street (what you are trying to refer to, but still don't know real names, purposes and terms), is a PHYSICAL platform. NASDAQ is the ELECTRONIC version of it. In other words, to trade in NYSE's Wall Street, you have to be:

1) Local to the US, and registered with NYSE
2) Or, be registered as a foreign entity BUT, have PHYSICAL presence on the trading floor

For all international markets connected electronically, NASDAQ is the electronic trading ARM of the NYSE.

NYSE = Physical WALL STREET + NASDAQ.

If you don't know shiit about a topic, why stick your nose into it?

lol, you have any idea how many Indians have rung that bell ? :P

including our consul general who did it on the 15th August this year, not 2 weeks later like your people

It's not about India, and its not about how many Indians have rung the damn bell. It is about Pakistan and what this means for her. Keep India out of this thread as its not a vs. thread nor does it need to be. India has her economy and Pakistan has her. No need to destroy the thread just to show your hate for Pakistan. Go open up a VS. thread but don't derail it.

This is the stupidest post of the year!!!! NASDAQ is a part of the NYSE. The Wall Street (what you are trying to refer to, but still don't know real names, purposes and terms), is a PHYSICAL platform. NASDAQ is the ELECTRONIC version of it. In other words, to trade in NYSE's Wall Street, you have to be:

1) Local to the US, and registered with NYSE
2) Or, be registered as a foreign entity BUT, have PHYSICAL presence on the trading floor

For all international markets connected electronically, NASDAQ is the electronic trading ARM of the NYSE.

NYSE = Physical WALL STREET + NASDAQ.

If you don't know shiit about a topic, why stick your nose into it?

NYSE opening bell is on a whole different level. That's my point.

NASDAQ and NYSE are two different exchanges with different requirements for listing and different fees for listing as well. NASDAQ is the cheaper/smaller one.

NASDAQ is not the electronic version of NYSE. These are two separate exchanges.

NYSE opening bell is on a whole different level. That's my point.

NASDAQ and NYSE are two different exchanges with different requirements for listing and different fees for listing as well. NASDAQ is the cheaper/smaller one.

NASDAQ is not the electronic version of NYSE. These are two separate exchanges.

Fools will always be fools!!!! If you don't know anything, try not to stink up the entire thread with your illogical, nonsense posts. For NYSE you have to be registered as a LOCAL company or have Physical presence there. What part of it do you now understand? Here, read up, I am giving you two sources with highlights. Trolling doesn't prove to anyone your expertise about the topic in hand. But read below (by the way, you could've just researched yourself, instead of trying to show how distant your head is from the actual map)!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source 1:

NASDAQ’s components are basically electronics, technology and Internet-based companies, and this is the reason why NASDAQ is often determined as a high-tech market. On the contrary, the NYSE comprises of older and more established companies, registered within the US, that are mostly vast industries, and blue chip organizations. NASDAQ's size is over $ 8.5 Trillion.

Another difference between these two exchanges, is that the NYSE handles its transactions on the basis of physical trading, whereas, NASDAQ stocks are traded on the basis of a telecommunication network. In other words, the NYSE is said to be a typical market where people trade on behalf of their companies, while NASDAQ investors are facilitated with a direct contact computerized system, in order for communication of the sellers and buyers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source 2:

NASDAQ

NASDAQ is an electronic computerized stock market which was the very first of its kind to be established in 1971. As opposed to

NASDAQ

NASDAQ is an electronic computerized stock market which was the very first of its kind to be established in 1971. As opposed to manual trading and a physical floor (NYSE), the NASDAQ exchange handles all stock trading transactions by a computerized system.

NASDAQ facilitates trading on over 5000 over the counter (OTC) stocks. Stocks that are listed on NASDQ generally comprise of 4 letters unless they were transferred from the NYSE in which case they would remain as 3 letters. Stocks that are traded on NASDAQ are known to be high tech stocks such as Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Intel, etc. Stocks traded on NASDAQ are also known to be growth oriented and quite volatile; firms that went public recently and have good growth potential.

NASDAQ is a dealer’s market in which dealers sell securities directly to investors by using phones or the internet. The listing cost for a company to list NASDAQ is roughly between $50,000-$70,000, with yearly listing fees at about $27,500.

NYSE

NYSE is a stock market that is based in New York in United states and is known to be the largest stock exchange in the world in terms of the total market capitalization of all the securities listed on the NYSE., the NASDAQ exchange handles all stock trading transactions by a computerized system.

Stocks that are traded on NASDAQ are known to be high tech stocks such as Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Intel, etc. Stocks traded on NASDAQ are also known to be growth oriented and quite volatile; firms that went public recently and have good growth potential.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fools will always be fools!!!! If you don't know anything, try not to stink up the entire thread with your illogical, nonsense posts. For NYSE you have to be registered as a LOCAL company or have Physical presence there. What part of it do you now understand? Here, read up, I am giving you two sources with highlights. Trolling doesn't prove to anyone your expertise about the topic in hand. But read below (by the way, you could've just researched yourself, instead of trying to show how distant your head is from the actual map)!!!

Source 1:

NASDAQ’s components are basically electronics, technology and Internet-based companies, and this is the reason why NASDAQ is often determined as a high-tech market. On the contrary, the NYSE comprises of older and more established companies, registered within the US, that are mostly vast industries, and blue chip organizations. NASDAQ's size is over $ 8.5 Trillion.

Another difference between these two exchanges, is that the NYSE handles its transactions on the basis of physical trading, whereas, NASDAQ stocks are traded on the basis of a telecommunication network. In other words, the NYSE is said to be a typical market where people trade on behalf of their companies, while NASDAQ investors are facilitated with a direct contact computerized system, in order for communication of the sellers and buyers.

Source 2:

NASDAQ

NASDAQ is an electronic computerized stock market which was the very first of its kind to be established in 1971. As opposed to

NASDAQ

NASDAQ is an electronic computerized stock market which was the very first of its kind to be established in 1971. As opposed to manual trading and a physical floor (NYSE), the NASDAQ exchange handles all stock trading transactions by a computerized system.

NASDAQ facilitates trading on over 5000 over the counter (OTC) stocks. Stocks that are listed on NASDQ generally comprise of 4 letters unless they were transferred from the NYSE in which case they would remain as 3 letters. Stocks that are traded on NASDAQ are known to be high tech stocks such as Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Intel, etc. Stocks traded on NASDAQ are also known to be growth oriented and quite volatile; firms that went public recently and have good growth potential.

NASDAQ is a dealer’s market in which dealers sell securities directly to investors by using phones or the internet. The listing cost for a company to list NASDAQ is roughly between $50,000-$70,000, with yearly listing fees at about $27,500.

NYSE

NYSE is a stock market that is based in New York in United states and is known to be the largest stock exchange in the world in terms of the total market capitalization of all the securities listed on the NYSE., the NASDAQ exchange handles all stock trading transactions by a computerized system.

Stocks that are traded on NASDAQ are known to be high tech stocks such as Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Intel, etc. Stocks traded on NASDAQ are also known to be growth oriented and quite volatile; firms that went public recently and have good growth potential.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can float a non-american company on NYSE and NASDAQ using ADRs, that's not an issue.

Dr Maleeha Lodhi has always been a fantastic ambassador for Pakistan and her dedication during her tenure in the UK was much appreciated. The perception of Pakistan in becoming a great destination for investment will increase and the awareness of CPEC will allure other financial institutions and companies.

It's not about India, and its not about how many Indians have rung the damn bell. It is about Pakistan and what this means for her. Keep India out of this thread as its not a vs. thread nor does it need to be. India has her economy and Pakistan has her. No need to destroy the thread just to show your hate for Pakistan. Go open up a VS. thread but don't derail it.
that "dark day for Hindustan" comment by one of yours forced me to respond.

just FYI, I was actually watching the cnbc pre market show when that came up, my first thought was.. "that's kind of cool, good on Pakistan" just a bit odd that it happened so delayed.

You can float a non-american company on NYSE and NASDAQ using ADRs, that's not an issue.

Was that the topic or the question? I don't have time for idiotic posts. If you can't stick to the topic and continue on with the discussion that you started, there is no reason to further indulge in discussions lacking basic common sense.

that "dark day for Hindustan" comment by one of yours forced me to respond.

just FYI, I was actually watching the cnbc pre market show when that came up, my first thought was.. "that's kind of cool, good on Pakistan" just a bit odd that it happened so delayed.

You have fools on both sides. If someone's comment ticked you off, you should also see how many folks from India make similar hateful comments.

Its people like you and a few others who have sane and cool brains, that must never be given into the crazy hateful sentiment that exist on either side.

Pakistan, IMO, should watch how India did what she did since the mid 90's to be where she is in 2 decades. India's economic growth, policies and democratic structure should be a role model for Pakistan.

Lodhi is very clever person soon u see impact on us policy on pak improves more

Pakistans image is seen better now we did mistakes but we paid twice world praise our sacrifice

Was that the topic or the question? I don't have time for idiotic posts. If you can't stick to the topic and continue on with the discussion that you started, there is no reason to further indulge in discussions lacking basic common sense.

What I pointed out was that NYSE was out of reach for Pakistan, so they went to the cheaper NASDAQ. Then you come with incorrect info that only local companies can be listed on NYSE.

Anyways, let me tell you something you may not know, there's not a single pakistani company listed on either NYSE or NASDAQ.

And also, these opening bell ceremonies are not restricted to companies. Anyone who pays the price (or convince the stock exchange people) can go and ring the bell.

This was the first time the entire NYC saw Pakistani flags

7.jpg

8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom