What's new

Imran's comments deters Pietersen from playing PSL final

Status
Not open for further replies.
but I think Pakistani forces are potent enough to stop it....if the security establishment gives a go ahead..
They are. But what if a few get killed in the process? Terrorists like big stage, PSL final and a attack on that day is just the attraction they aim for. Pakistan's image is distorted, it might be safe to play Cricket here but international players wont agree to it.

Final must be in Lahore and ik made a blunder statement. If he had any moral standing he would have made peshawar secure like london but blame is easy than doing practical.

We are brave nation and we want all home series in Pakistan. We must not play in dubai our home cricket series.

It was one isolated incident in Lahore if I'm not wrong!! Even without the foreign players the match can go on!! You have point that what if there is another attack...but I think Pakistani forces are potent enough to stop it....if the security establishment gives a go ahead...I see no reason to move the event away from the country!!

A five tier security with thousands of Policemen to guard the stadiums will leave huge holes in security of other places.

Anyway, Best of luck for PSL final. Hope to see an entertaining one.

They are. But what if a few get killed in the process? Terrorists like big stage, PSL final and a attack on that day is just the attraction they aim for. Pakistan's image is distorted, it might be safe to play Cricket here but international players wont agree to it.
Agreed...but a statement from a iconic player and politician...make matters more worse and further dents the Pakistan image!!

We shouldn't dream of international Cricket coming back to Pakistan until we completely get rid of terrorism.

and how exactly we can do that when you said 'completely'? and when ? any timeline ? or perhaps we can discuss an idea of hosting PSL 15 in 2030 than.

dents the Pakistan image!!
Did it need more denting? I don't see the point in holding a final with no international players. Let's wait and see.

and how exactly we can do that when you said 'completely'? and when ? any timeline ? or perhaps we can discuss an idea of hosting PSL 15 in 2030 than.
As i said before, our image is distorted. We won't get any sympathy until we improve our image. And you have facilitators, sleeper cells, MQM target killers, Lal Masjid goons, banned organizations holding Jalsas, and all of them roaming free. Get rid of them, work on your image, and only then we will get any Cricket back in Pakistan.

Blaming Imran Khan is a stupid exercise, like it or not he is right. It was a stupid idea to hold the finals in Lahore after the recent blasts.Nation needs someone to blame, Imran Khan fits the role.
Apologetic behaviour as usual.

Last edited:
Apologetic behaviour as usual.
Illogical as usual. Maybe it's worth a few lives to hold a Cricket match. Who cares if some policemen or innocent poor people die, as long as they are not related to us.
Don't give me, 'Pakistan is a safe place crap'.

Illogical as usual. Maybe it's worth a few lives to hold a Cricket match. Who cares if some policemen or innocent poor people die, as long as they are not related to us.
Don't give me, 'Pakistan is a safe place crap'.
Yes, Pakistan is not a safe place. You can go back under Indian Occupation of Jammu&Kashmir where your eyes will be safe too with drops of Pellets on regular basis.

Yes, Pakistan is not a safe place. You can go back under Indian Occupation of Jammu&Kashmir where your eyes will be safe too with drops of Pellets on regular basis.
As usual emotions clouding judgments, don't get emotional man. It's an online forum.

Did it need more denting? I don't see the point in holding a final with no international players. Let's wait and see.

As i said before, our image is distorted. We won't get any sympathy until we improve our image. And you have facilitators, sleeper cells, MQM target killers, Lal Masjid goons, banned organizations holding Jalsas, and all of them roaming free. Get rid of them, work on your image, and only then we will get any Cricket back in Pakistan.

You mean to say that operation zarb-e-Azb has yielded us nothing ? We are indirectly casting shadow on its success as well. And our image is bad because we have accepted as a nation of living in fear and doubts. Yes there will be terror strikes but show must go on. If our security forces, not PMLN Govt here, are confident enough to provide security than we must take their words in hand. Mind you, this time Army is directly involved for the security measures unlike in the past. Let's just hope for the best.

You mean to say that operation zarb-e-Azb has yielded us nothing ?
You are putting words in my mouth, i have never said that. If Zarb-e-azb was as successful as you may think why would there be a need to launch Rad-e-fasad?

As usual emotions clouding judgments, don't get emotional man. It's an online forum.
Just submit a negative & move on...as usual.

You are putting words in my mouth, i have never said that. If Zarb-e-azb was as successful as you may think why would there be a need to launch Rad-e-fasad?
It's not Raadhe Fasaad. It's Raadul-Fasaad.

Blaming Imran Khan is a stupid exercise, like it or not he is right. It was a stupid idea to hold the finals in Lahore after the recent blasts. Nation needs someone to blame, Imran Khan fits the role.

It's not worth the risk. We shouldn't dream of international Cricket coming back to Pakistan until we completely get rid of terrorism. What if we have a few blast on the day of the final. Are the lives of innocent people or policemen worth a Cricket match? We need to implement on NAP, get rid of facilitators and only then should we dream of any international Cricketer coming to Pakistan to play.

He's right.

3 Suicide bombers entered Paris's Stade de France during a friendly football match between French and German national teams on 13th November 2015 and killed many, yet Euro 2016 was held in the same stadium no more than 6 months after the incident.

The blood of our brethren spilled in our fight against terror demands that we do not shy away or be scared. If the terrorists are hell bent on trying to keep cricket away from Pakistan then we should do the exact opposite. Anything that shows we are not scared of terrorists is worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom