What's new

Imran planned to settle TTP fighters in ex-Fata

Imran Khan is a good man, for domestic development, infrastructure, economic policy he is the best prospect.

But his naivety and pacifism has always been a weakness in regards to security policies and internal threats.

Imran Khan is a good man, for domestic development, infrastructure, economic policy he is the best prospect.

But his naivety and pacifism has always been a weakness in regards to security policies and internal threats.

Well that's how it should be.

The Army is there to handle Security and internal threats. They also have enough autonomy to do this in any way they wish

The Army is there to handle Security and internal threats. They also have enough autonomy to do this in any way they wish
Yeah but IK wants his way in that process too.

He opposed the border fence at one time and wanted a TTP office lol

This all mess was created by Islamic fundamentalists in Army during 80s

I was watching a documentary on Abraham Lincoln
Where l heard that
Abraham Lincoln had noted that he can't leave the security of his country on Generals so he went to libraries and read the books on military startegies and then he involved himself in the war and also fired many generals for their incompetency.

We have also,unfortunately, incompetent breed of Generals.So we can't trust them blindly.

This all mess was created by Islamic fundamentalists in Army during 80s

I was watching a documentary on Abraham Lincoln
Where l heard that
Abraham Lincoln had noted that he can't leave the security of his country on Generals so he went to libraries and read the books on military startegies and then he involved himself in the war and also fired many generals for their incompetency.

We have also,unfortunately, incompetent breed of Generals.So we can't trust them blindly.
Also what solution would you propose to fix things?

Two areas should be considered in regards to terrorism that affect us:

-Pakistan (internal)
- Afghanistan.

The problem with Afghanistan is, whether it has a nationalist government or Islamist government - both ideologies lead to them spreading terrorism into Pakistan, whether it's for Loy Afghanistan purposes, or by aiding TTP as they are their ideological/ethnic brothers. (TTP also personal interest elements mixed into it)

When it comes to Pakistan internally - the state needs to propogate a powerful counter-narrative to the TTP's to weaken them. Promoting the idea of TTP being Khawarij through natioanal media assets, spreading this thought throughout the population. Repeal any laws that majority of the population would term as "anti-Islamic" or consider crossing a red-line, so the narrative of the state always reigns supreme.

Also they need to create a strong public narrative between the people similar to one that Iran has, where they are incredibly nationalistic and strongly pursue their national interests, but also value their religion at the same time. Both of these things can co-exist.

This will mean that people won't resort to terrorism which harm their own country - and if they want change they will seek it through civil means through a peaceful manner. Also they will always support the state in a conflict or any action they take - as long as it's done for the sake of national interests.

Same question to @Irfan Baloch @blain2 as well (I can't recall all the members right now who hold IK responsible for weak stance on security or call him Taliban Khan, whoever do so, chip in)

So whose security policy had been the best before 2018, ever since terrorism started in Pakistan?

- Musharraf's?
- Zardari's
- Yusuf Gilani's
- Raja Pervaiz Ashraf's?
- Nawaz's?
- Shahid Khaqan Abbasi's?
- Shehbaz Sharif's?
- Any other - name please?

Or alternately, whom do you reckon will have a best security policy in future?
- Bilawal?
- Maryam?
- Fazl Rehman?
- Siraj ul Haq
- MQM
- Any other - name please?

So that your recommended role model could be suggested to next government and to voters, that look so and so had/will have best security policy, emulate/vote for that person/s
Raheel Sharif was good

Musharraf too but I know he's hated.
He let himself be hated by the entire country but he did what had to be done to save the country. If he hadn't done what he did, Pakistan would be very different today, either balkanised or controlled by a TTP-like organisation.

Ultimately though, I wouldn't say a single person had the most perfect security policies.

Any solution ? . Pak army and local paramilitary have been fighting TTP for the last 20 years and are unable to neutralize it. If Pashtun culture is not ready to disown them. Well, gift of the Afghan-Soveit war. We raise the monster and now the monster is after us.

Soldiers of God.

Pushtuns of Swat, Dir, Waziristan Kohistan, are holding bigger demonstrations than Imran Khan Jalsas, who is willing to accept these morons in our society again??

Yes. Clearly
Initially he kept him in bani gala
Then shifted him to abbotbad

They want prepare the people before they can vote
Also I need some ground work and some parties need to be made and broken.

All to keep the fascist IK out of power.

He was calling Osama a 'martyr' and lot of criticism he has to clarify his stance.

"bhaiya mere muh se nikal gayi, meri zaban tut gayi"

This is no less than high treason. Glad that ex Prime Minister couldn't execute his disastrous plan. From opening TTP offices to bringing back terrorists into ex-FATA. His counter terrorism policy has always been about screwing up Pakistan.

He was calling Osama a 'martyr' and lot of criticism he has to clarify his stance.

"bhaiya mere muh se nikal gayi, meri zaban tut gayi"

Agree sir.
I think we should raid bani gala ..there are several terrorists hiding there

Imran Khan appeasing TTPs in hope that they will make ground for him like they have done in 2013, when all political parties were handicapped in KP except PTI.

another result of PTI resettlement plan fir TTP and inaction or collusion of recently retired military leadership.

many locals protested against this horrible plan by PTI. I hope they express their disagreement with their votes ti make a difference.

as much as I want to blame the military for the return of TTP terrorism in Pakistan specially KPK , but military is not answerable or seeking vites from people but PTI is. whuch has been ruling for a very long time.

no matter how its supporters spin it. appeasing these dogs of hell was never going to work no matter how well meaning Imran Khan is.

Back
Top Bottom