What's new

Imran planned to settle TTP fighters in ex-Fata

muhammadhafeezmalik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Imran planned to settle TTP fighters in ex-Fata

• PTI chairman says KP police ill-equipped to counter militants armed with modern weaponry
• Claims Wazirabad JIT members being ‘pressurised’ to disown findings

ISLAMABAD: As he warned against the dangers of destabilisation in Afghanistan, former prime minister Imran Khan on Tuesday revealed that his government had planned to resettle banned Tehreek-i-Taliban fighters in Pakistan’s tribal districts with the help of the Afghan Taliban, but the plan hit a snag owing to non-cooperation of provinces.

Speaking during a seminar organised by the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on terrorism in the federal capital, the PTI chairman said that the government had planned to relocate at least 5,000 TTP fighters and their family members which amount to about 35,000. But the plan did not materialise as provinces refused to foot the bill, he added.

Initially, Sindh and Balochistan refused to give 3 per cent share from National Finance Commission (NFC) for the uplift of tribal districts and then the federal government stopped its cooperation after the PTI’s ouster, he claimed.

The PTI chairman stated the fall of Kabul and rise of the Afghan Taliban to power provided Pakistan with a golden opportunity to deal with the TTP threat. “The Afghan Taliban pressurised the TTP, which had over 5,000 fighters among its 40,000-strong group, to go back to Pakistan and we took a number of steps to deal with it,” he said.

Mr Khan said that there was an anti-merger group in tribal areas and the PTI wanted to launch uplift projects to satisfy the anti-merger group, but the lack of funds didn’t lead to anything significant in this regard.

Militants and KP police

The former prime minister lashed out at the federal government for its statements against Afghanistan and warned that if Kabul stopped its cooperation then the situation would aggravate.

“If we cannot continue good relations with Afghanistan, the new war on terror will become a curse for us. I said ‘absolutely not’ [to supposed request for US bases in Pakistan] because I wanted to save Pakistanis because while drone attacks were allowed, in retaliations Pakistanis were killed,” he said.

The PTI chairman, whose government is in power in KP, said it was impossible for the provincial police to counter TTP militants who were using US-made weaponry. “Rangers are in Karachi till date,” he said referring to the deployment to the paramilitary force in Sindh.

“I had warned that entire Pakistan would suffer if terrorism started in KP. However funds were not given to us,” he said, adding that hundreds of KP police officials had lost their lives to terrorism when PTI came to power in 2013. He said that military operation was part of the peace agreement but it should be used as a last resort.

He said the militants, created by military dictator Ziaul Haq, imposed war on Pakistan after dictator Pervez Musharraf took a U-turn and sided with the US.

“We took 180-degree turn during the Pervez Musharraf era and after the Tora Bora incident; Mujahideen entered Pakistan and alleged that Pakistan was the collaborator and imposed a war on us,” he added.

In a separate tweet, Mr Khan alleged that the investigation team probing the Wazirabad attack was being pressurised. “As per media reports, JIT members being pressurised to distance themselves from the findings of JIT investigating assassination plot against me. This further confirms my conviction that powerful quarters were behind the assassination attempt on me.”

Earlier government pinned TTP rise on PTI Chairman Taliban Khan

At least take out the terrorists and corrupt officials in major cities like Karachi and Lahore 🤦‍♂️

All those protest rallies by locals in Swat, Dir, Bajaur, Khyber, Kurram, North & South Waziristan, D I Khan, Bannu and many more areas were against this comeback of terrorists to their areas.

1673428151067.png

Yeah, so after Judiciary released all 8000 terrorists arrested by military at great cost of lives and limbs, what IK was supposed to do with them?

Rana Sana just couple of days ago said, "TTP is a reality and we'll try to bring TTP to the table"

Presented before a jury was evidence that
Shehbaz Sharif in 2010 promised a deal to TTP if they spare Punjab ONLY (not even included Islamabad, just Punjab)

SS repeated same stance in a seminar asking terrorists to spare Punjab

1673430668416.png

1673431002128.png

1673430119595.png

Nawaz Sharif's collaboration with Osama BL

Musharraf was recorded also begging Americans to bring him back in power

1673532202670-png.911126

Putting words in his mouth "جنگجووں اور انکے خاندانوں کے 40 ہزار" as twisting statements is normal part of morality of PDM
And who gives YOU right to live in Pakistan? YOU should be kicked out of Pakistan, right? Wrong?
Just like that the land belongs to those 40K people, it's their country and they have every right to come back and resettle

Just like military itself worked on resettlement of TDPs (Temporarily Displaced Persons)

Was PML-N & Army resettling 336,762 members of terrorist families too?
or was PML-N & army, just like IK, worked on resettlement of tribal residents which is their right

(source)
1673517440430.png

Last edited:
Rana Sana just couple of days ago said, "TTP is a reality and we'll try to bring TTP to the table"

Presented before a jury was evidence that
Shehbaz Sharif in 2010 promised a deal to TTP if they spare Punjab ONLY (not even included Islamabad, just Punjab)

SS repeated same stance in a seminar asking terrorists to spare Punjab

View attachment 910883

View attachment 910888

View attachment 910878

"I'd do the same as terror suspects, says Imran Khan” - This was Imran Khan 11 years ago. Back then, he testified in favour of Hyrbyair Marri & Faiz Baloch (BLA leaders) in London Court accusing Pakistan army. He called BLA freedom fighters

And don't spread Indian propaganda here

All those protest rallies by locals in Swat, Dir, Bajaur, Khyber, Kurram, North & South Waziristan, D I Khan, Bannu and many more areas were against this comeback of terrorists to their areas.

View attachment 910870
good lesson for them who to vote to prevent this resettlement.

Imran Khan appeasing TTPs in hope that they will make ground for him like they have done in 2013, when all political parties were handicapped in KP except PTI.

You had both Punjab and Federal government with you and got thoroughly humiliated just few weeks and months ago

Sit down mian saanp follower

Back
Top Bottom