What's new

IDEAS EXPO 22 NEW SYSYEMS

Overall NRTC does communication related stuff. I remember seeing them developing some system using a quadcopter, unclear about the role. Might as well be some random demo
NRTC does nothing, they just import and slap their label on stuff. or buy a design and assemble it here. when questioned about controller design and development of drone, they said that we dont do that here, we only "integrate" stuff.

Their GM of "R&D" claimed that they have developed voice recognition and ID algos, when asked whether he used deep learning or signal processing for that he replied that the stuff was cloud based. a cloud is nothing but a server, a computation platform, it has got nothing to do with the nature of processing.

Target drones PAF, was surprised to see PAF has a family of 5 types of same drone. Interesting.
View attachment 899644View attachment 899645
The launcher 2 displayed above is from a private company so I have images I found on that as well as the brochures including one I scanned.
View attachment 899646View attachment 899647View attachment 899648

Mobile truck launcher is interesting, little bit mods to drone and u have yourselves a loitering munition.View attachment 899651

PN of course was making its own target drones amongst alot other indigenous things including USVs.
View attachment 899656View attachment 899657
View attachment 899658
@PanzerKiel @JamD @Zarvan

And in addition to those there was also a RF based Jammer by NRTC. Which is in service as well.
IMG_20221115_124327_149.jpg
IMG_20221115_124338_096.jpg

@JamD @PanzerKiel @Zarvan

Target drones PAF, was surprised to see PAF has a family of 5 types of same drone. Interesting.
View attachment 899644View attachment 899645
The launcher 2 displayed above is from a private company so I have images I found on that as well as the brochures including one I scanned.
View attachment 899646View attachment 899647View attachment 899648

Mobile truck launcher is interesting, little bit mods to drone and u have yourselves a loitering munition.View attachment 899651

PN of course was making its own target drones amongst alot other indigenous things including USVs.
View attachment 899656View attachment 899657
View attachment 899658
Why the heck are PN and PAF working on a similar product but different programs ??? Waste of resources no ?

Waah bhai waah agar koi kaam karain to waste of resources , kaam na karey to bolo idara hi corrupt hai koi nayi cheez ki r&d nahi kartey
Mera matlab hai dono programs kau merge karna behtar nahin hai ? Har criticism dil pei leinay kee zaroorat nahin hai.

Why the heck are PN and PAF working on a similar product but different programs ??? Waste of resources no ?
Bhai mere ab karne lage hain tou krne dou. Don’t swing both ways. Please be happy in either of the scenarios. When they were solely importing and not even trying, we still said the same thing. Now when they are trying, we are still riling up the the same funda. Kisi aik haal main ham Pakistani khush kiun nahi hote. Ya Allah…

Mera matlab hai dono programs kau merge karna behtar nahin hai ? Har criticism dil pei leinay kee zaroorat nahin hai.
Don’t you think that both the institutions would have seperate requirements? The R&D would still cost the same. Won’t matter much. But this way, we’d have two potential export products rather than one. A win win…

Bhai mere ab karne lage hain tou krne dou. Don’t swing both ways. Please be happy in either of the scenarios. When they were solely importing and not even trying, we still said the same thing. Now when they are trying, we are still riling up the the same funda. Kisi aik haal main ham Pakistani khush kiun nahi hote. Ya Allah…

Don’t you think that both the institutions would have seperate requirements? The R&D would still cost the same. Won’t matter much. But this way, we’d have two potential export products rather than one. A win win…
I'm not swinging both ways I don't know how you implied that....
No, I'm not going to be happy in either scenarios because a country that has 70% default chance doesn't have the liberty of choosing multiple product line ups that serve similar purposes.
The requirements maybe based on sensors that function differently on land and water... That's the one that comes to my mind. Capital required for different facilities, engineers, test models and support structure required to run parallel programs can't be the same bro... In the end both could be used interchangeably with minor changes i.e multi-role.
In my opinion if these were two private firms it would have been great for the two to go at each other for the better product. When it's Tax payer money it's different.

I'm not swinging both ways I don't know how you implied that....
No, I'm not going to be happy in either scenarios because a country that has 70% default chance doesn't have the liberty of choosing multiple product line ups that serve similar purposes.
The requirements maybe based on sensors that function differently on land and water... That's the one that comes to my mind. Capital required for different facilities, engineers, test models and support structure required to run parallel programs can't be the same bro... In the end both could be used interchangeably with minor changes i.e multi-role.
In my opinion if these were two private firms it would have been great for the two to go at each other for the better product. When it's Tax payer money it's different.
When default is artificiality created, then yes the military is at liberty of choosing whichever products it wants. "In my opinion if these were two private firms " there are no good or big private doing any r&d or even making any quality product in Pakistan. So you can rule that excuse out as well. Its the state that has to do r&d in Pakistan since there is acute shortage of private firms. And secondly if your military was only depending on tax payer money only then all branches would have turned into rotten institutions barely with any funds left to even support what they have. Now pls do me a favor and don't pollute my thread with any more of your "opinions".

Last edited:
When default is artificiality created, then yes the military is at liberty of choosing whichever products it wants. "In my opinion if these were two private firms " there are no good or big private doing any r&d or even making any quality product in Pakistan. So you can rule that excuse out as well. Its the state that has to do r&d in Pakistan since there is acute shortage of private firms. And secondly if your military was only depending on tax payer money only then all branches would have turned into rotten institutions barely with any funds left to even support what they have. Now pls do me a favor and don't pollute my thread with any more of your "opinions".

" Artificially created ", :lol:
The reason there are no private firms is because they will never be able to compete with the state and when the military itself involves itself in businesses the potential entrepreneur will never enter that market as a competitor.. There will be no " Big " firm if there aren't any " smaller " one's to begin with, you have to start somewhere.
This isn't good for our industry in the long term.
So you mean to say is that Armed Forces aren't dependent on Tax Payer money for R&D ?... Hmm could it be because of... Well let's not go there. Don't want to derail your pretty thread.

My takeaways from IDEAS 2022

No mention of Sea Sultan. My guess is that it is a very sensitive project and PN doesn’t want to much international attention. Personally, I am very excited about this project. If PN gets it right, it will be a great achievement,

No mention of Azm. Not even a imaginary model.

The state owned firms seems to been given some free hand to be more competitive and go beyond their traditional areas of responsibility. For example POF making drones and PCBs and NESCOM aka GIDS introducing new rifles. Also more public facing corporate entities of state own firms.

A lot new innovation in the electronic and smart weapons. I think we are now where Turkey was 20 years ago. If the momentum is kept next few years can be very interesting.

Last edited:
My takeaways from IDEAS 2022

No mention of Sea Sultan. My guess is that it is a very sensitive project and PN doesn’t want to much international attention. Personally, I am very excited about this project. If PN gets it right, it will be a great achievement,

No mention of Azm. Not even a imaginary model.

The state owned firms seems to been given some free hand to be more competitive and go beyond their traditional areas of responsibility. For example POF making drones and PCBs and NESCOM aka GIDS introducing new rifles. Also more public facing corporate entities of state own firms.

A lot new innovation in the electronic and smart weapons. I think we are now where Turkey was 20 years ago. If the momentum is kept next few years can be very interesting.
Regarding sea sultan you are right but thats PN with pretty much each of there new project example Yarmook class OPV model was shown at expo with 2 x 3 Tube harba launchers fitted yet the specs sheet next to it had no mention of anytype of AShM fitted at all.
Secondly on azm program , brochures specific to AZM NGFA were being given away by PAF NASTP which had azm cgi on them probably more details but i didnt collect those at all.

i was busy collecting details on PAF Legacy AD System upgrade programs.

and also because PAF only put those brochures out only on day 3 atleast and i was getting late so i just had a glance at them from far and collected the pac male uav one and then went away. but @intelpsf on twitter might have collected those brochures so lemme ask him

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom