What's new

IDEAS 2014 - 8th International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (1 - 4 Dec 2014)

Sir jee, Just accept we were taken on a joyride which happens so often. This is "THE" AK that we were waiting to be revealed. There would be no AK-2 or yet to be revealed, those are myths or more aptly said, Disinformation spread by HIT.

Even upgraded Al-Khalid looks outdated. when we compare it with MBT-3000

10426546_641945615904534_3824419759210482928_n.jpg
MBT-3000 is no AK-1 that is for sure and we have to wait when they would officially roll out AK 1

That's a joke. No one's gonna buy Al-Khalid. It ain't got no juice in it to attract buyers and it would be criminal negligence if they don't make digital driver panel, muzzle reference system and APS make necessary systems for all tanks instead of MISC or ADD-ON.

and IIRC, Automatic gun system was one requirement of upgraded Al-Khalid. I'm not seeing that either
The specs @skybolt has posted are of Al Khalid not AL KHALID 1

I am confused between

Al Khalid Tank
Al Khalid Tank 1
Al Khalid Tank 2

MBT-3000 ....

If I am confused the buyers of tank will also be confused

We need 1 Grid diagram to explain the difference between all 3-4 model names being mentioned

for General visitors : Kindly bring Original CNIC & Must visit in early hours. (around 10:00 am)
So no prior registration at all, na ?
@skybolt you work in Expo or in Army ??
just curious to know ..

i will try to visit on 4th day Inshallah ..
i hope they still have Ak and Jf ,
i never see a Live Jf :cray:
Me tooo...

I am confused between

Al Khalid Tank
Al Khalid Tank 1
Al Khalid Tank 2

MBT-3000 ....

If I am confused the buyers of tank will also be confused

We need 1 Grid diagram to explain the difference between all 3-4 model names being mentioned

This is what I said the other day, I have no idea what is being discussed anymore

initially we had the Al Khalid which was the Pak developed version of the MBT 2000

This was then upgradedvto Al Khalid 1 and the tank on display a few pages back seems to be the latest upgrade version

so do we have any news on Al Khslid 2

Skybolt maybe you could ask the Al Khalid guys for some info, is the tank on display a upgraded version of the existing AK and us an alternative AK2 being worked on

@skybolt The information you have posted is of AL-KHALID not AL-KHALID 1 get information about AL-KHALID 1

Last time in IDEAS 2014
1 x JF-17
1 x Mushak
and various drones were present.

This time maybe they have all the 3 aircraft types manufactures in Pakistan.

Last time due to security reasons JF 17 was removed from the Expo on the last day.

Normally when a new version is released , only the "new" features of the Version are discussed

Al Khalid , is what we constructed , and we were all expecting Al Khalid 2 to show up
however now we have these , other terminologies being added

Al Khalid 1 , and MBT -3000

So , does that means that Al Khalid 2 , was delayed , so they just made some tweaks to Al Khalid regular brand name?
Or was this an actual planned version

My understanding

Al Khalid
Al Khalid 2 (Also known as MBT-3000)

This is what I was under impression , that Al Khalid 2 , would be shown known as MBT-3000 and with new engine

Back
Top Bottom