What's new

Iconic photos that have never left you

FP-07.jpg

a Dutch chemist Robert karneliyasa 1839 to take this picture. It is the world's first portraits photographs.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

FP-08.jpg

Picture of boston Amewria in 1860 by James walet black

I also heard about it. I think he was accused of being indifferent to the plight of the kid in the photograph.

yes his name was Kevin Carter

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

In March 1993, while on a trip to Sudan, Carter was preparing to photograph a starving toddler trying to reach a feeding center when a vulture landed nearby. Carter later said that he waited 20 minutes to see if the vulture would flare its wings. He finally took a picture and then chased off the vulture.[5] However, he came under criticism for failing to help the girl:

The St. Petersburg Times in Florida said this of Carter: "The man adjusting his lens to take just the right frame of her suffering, might just as well be a predator, another vulture on the scene."[6]

Sold to the New York Times, the photograph first appeared on March 26, 1993. Hundreds of people contacted the newspaper to ask the fate of the girl. The paper reported that it was unknown whether she had managed to reach the feeding center. In 1994, the photograph won the Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography.[5]

truly horrifying to see ur mum die front of u

2dm9jk3.jpg

ogxkkn.jpg

ogxkkn.jpg

vxiuk4.jpg

16b09ig.jpg

Absolutely sickening, these kind of pics ascend race, religion etc because we all know the depths which humanity will/has fallen regardless of who carried it out. At first this pics really didnt affect me then i actually just looked and thiught about what i was seeing, words are not enough.These sort of pics always make me think of this song:

(this vid also has many iconic photos/clips).

Humanity has so much to be proud of but sometimes all I feel is shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most iconic photos, ever.

CheHigh.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

The destruction of the Berlin wall - symbolic of the fall of Communism.

wall_detail1.jpg

wall_detail2.jpg

Reichstag Fire
28-1125a.gif

This one i saw a few years ago and it kina stuck.
Navy chaplain Luis Padillo was walking around giving last rites to dying soldiers as sniper fire surrounded him. A wounded soldier pulled himself up by linging to the priest’s cassock, as bullets chewed up the concrete around them.
It was taken in Puerto Cabello Naval Base, Venezuela
dyingsoldierpriest.jpg

shiva%2Bin%2Buk.jpg

Uttarakhand floods: The tranquility on the face of the Shiva statue juxtaposed with the ferocity of the floods makes for a compelling view.

A few from 2010 floods tht displaced 3.2 million people and killed over 2000 people:
1-3.jpg

426052_280460635355839_797019680_n.jpg
426052_280460635355839_797019680_n.jpg

j.jpg

HOLDING ON: From a damaged bridge, men watched a flood survivor cross a river by rope in the Swat Valley, Pakistan, Tuesday. Flooding has killed at least 1,500 people and left 3.2 million in need of assistance. (Agence France-Presse/Getty Images)

f.jpg

A young girl and her dog look out from a vehicle as she and her family wait for security clearance at a checkpoint on the outskirt of Bannu, a town on edge of the Pakistani tribal region of Waziristan, Thursday, Oct. 22, 2009 as they flee a military offensive in South Waziristan. (AP Photo/Ijaz Muhammad)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom