What's new

IAF to raise four more squadrons of Su-30 MKI fighter

I was under impression that NORMAL squads are (18+4) 22 no strong. So I was expecting atleast 18 like MMRCA.

Plus I am one of the believers of " quantity is an additional quality ". I like Chinese for that.

As I said, 18 is the normal number, but for mixed squads of single and twin seaters, MKIs don't need additional twin seater for training.

Quatity is a good thing, but you have to look at the capability too. IAF currently has 100s of ground attack fighters, which can't be used for A2A, similarly they had 100s of Mig 21s, or even 29s, which couldn't be used in A2G. So IAF hat lets say 600 fighters in total, but only 250 for A2A, 250 for A2G and 100 for both. By 2020, IAF might have the same total number of fighters, but except of around 100 x Jags, all will be multi role capable, so 500 for A2A and at the same time for A2G too.

As I said, 18 is the normal number, but for mixed squads of single and twin seaters, MKIs don't need additional twin seater for training.

Quatity is a good thing, but you have to look at the capability too. IAF currently has 100s of ground attack fighters, which can't be used for A2A, similarly they had 100s of Mig 21s, or even 29s, which couldn't be used in A2G. So IAF hat lets say 600 fighters in total, but only 250 for A2A, 250 for A2G and 100 for both. By 2020, IAF might have the same total number of fighters, but except of around 100 x Jags, all will be multi role capable, so 500 for A2A and at the same time for A2G too.

In other words, each LCA is going to be worth (more than) a mig 21 and a mig 27 put together. And the LCA is slated to be the least capable aircraft in future in the IAF. The future sure looks good for the IAF, its its plans of having all multirolers in its inventory in future comes to fruition.

Its fantastic news THE SU30MKI is going to be almost complete by the time the IAF start serious license building of both LCA TEJAS & RAFALE mmrca ie around 2015....

EVERYTHING HAS GONE WELL SINCE SU30MKI arrived in 2003 ....

Great project and GOOD MANGEMENT from bth RUSSIA & HAL IN INDIA

I suuspect the IAF have clost to 160-170 mki in service today AND will have over 200 by year end 2013

In other words, each LCA is going to be worth (more than) a mig 21 and a mig 27 put together. And the LCA is slated to be the least capable aircraft in future in the IAF. The future sure looks good for the IAF, its its plans of having all multirolers in its inventory in future comes to fruition.

And Jaguar. The LCA MK.II with IFR,AESA radar, improved avionics and high TWR is going to be no slouch, a fact a friend of mine in BAE freely admitted. He even went so far to say had the LCA (MK.II especially) come 10 years earlier it could have had some great export potential, it is very much diminished now but still a possibility. Given the LCA will be the lowest rung on the ladder the IAF is set to become some force in the coming years. Definetly top 4 AFs in the world (I'd say top 3 by 2025 for sure).

And Jaguar. The LCA MK.II with IFR,AESA radar, improved avionics and high TWR is going to be no slouch, a fact a friend of mine in BAE freely admitted. He even went so far to say had the LCA (MK.II especially) come 10 years earlier it could have had some great export potential, it is very much diminished now but still a possibility. Given the LCA will be the lowest rung on the ladder the IAF is set to become some force in the coming years. Definetly top 4 AFs in the world (I'd say top 3 by 2025 for sure).
Buddy Tejas Mk2 still have huge export potential.....Don't forget that you still have alot of countries who need to replace 100's of Mig21 or Su24 and they can't afford to pay 75-85 million Dollars for fighter jet....So we can easily get the market where we can export 150+ Tejas Mk2 even if it is priced around 35 million $ with AESA radar.....

Back
Top Bottom