What's new

IAF pilots pop pills to get fighting edge

It's like hitting a brick wall with you.
That why there is something called a Clinical trial before any drug is put out in the market. They don't pull the 10% out of thin air.

Try that 10% chance on self, maybe we can all use less of you here and on ER. And besides there doesn't need to be a 10% probability but 1% leading to an incident after which the meds will discontinue.

......Why these pills were not there during my exam times...:hitwall:
... :raise:where I can lay my hands on them...
...and why the Rafale? It's not in IAF...TOI at it's best..:-)

For exams and study concentration look for Ritalin.

Pretty much most students in Pakistan know about it and is widely available at pharmacy shops.

Try that 10% chance on self, maybe we can all use less of you here and on ER. And besides there doesn't need to be a 10% probability but 1% leading to an incident after which the meds will discontinue.
Ah. Personal attack. Last refuge of those who can't make a rational argument.
Modafinil is used for prolonged duration for chronic diseases ranging from narcolepsy to Parkinson, without much side effects. While IAF pilots will be taking these only on mission which are more than 37 hours.
And IAF did a through testing of these drugs under Major Gen Mandeep Singh, ADG (Medical Research), AFMS before prescribing them to the pilots. They have been using for more than 5 years.
If that 1% could have to happen it could have happened by now. It's just that media has picked up this news 5-6 years late.
Pilot pill project

Last edited:
Ah. Personal attack. Last refuge of those who can't make a rational argument.
Modafinil is used for prolonged duration for chronic diseases ranging from narcolepsy to Parkinson, without much side effects. While IAF pilots will be taking these only on mission which are more than 37 hours.
And IAF did a through testing of these drugs under Major Gen Mandeep Singh, ADG (Medica5l Research), AFMS before prescribing them to the pilots. They have been using for more than 5 years.
If that 1% could have to happen it could have happened by now. It's just that media has picked up this news 5-6 years late.
Pilot pill project

It is a rational argument. You want to rely on 10% chance, be my quest. No one is arguing that your sorry *** pilots that rely on meds to do their job shouldnt take them.

It is a rational argument. You want to rely on 10% chance, be my quest. No one is arguing that your sorry *** pilots that rely on meds to do their job shouldnt take them.
Again with the name calling. You should really work on your communication skill. Not only our but your pilots might also be taking it, if the are on long duration mission. Considering your countries size and single engine jets, I doubt it
Do some research before making such comments. Modafinil is a approved military drug and one of the space medications taken by astronaut before undertaking space walk.

Again with the name calling. You should really work on your communication skill. Not only our but your pilots might also be taking it, if the are on long duration mission. Considering your countries size and single engine jets, I doubt it
Do some research before making such comments. Modafinil is a approved military drug and one of the space medications taken by astronaut before undertaking space walk.

One thing with you Indians, you guys are never ever sure of anything, make accusations as if universe itself came to life and told you, want your word to be taken as an absolute truth and just add a little "might" at the end. Unless your chacha administers these drugs personally to our pilots don't make accusations.

I am sorry if name calling offends you but pdf has become a joke central with morons running around who think they are worth a cent. Telling you the possible side effects is infact research into it.

And you still dont get it. It can be the best thing out there to help your pilots do their job, I am all for it. I am glad they didn't take them in pursuit of Jupiter mistaken for drone for 6 months. Humans might actually explore it one day, if it remains safe from the elite indian airforce.

One thing with you Indians, you guys are never ever sure of anything, make accusations as if universe itself came to life and told you, want your word to be taken as an absolute truth and just add a little "might" at the end. Unless your chacha administers these drugs personally to our pilots don't make accusations.

I am sorry if name calling offends you but pdf has become a joke central with morons running around who think they are worth a cent. Telling you the possible side effects is infact research into it.

And you still dont get it. It can be the best thing out there to help your pilots do their job, I am all for it. I am glad they didn't take them in pursuit of Jupiter mistaken for drone for 6 months. Humans might actually explore it one day, if it remains safe from the elite indian airforce.
Let just agree to disagree then.

Back
Top Bottom