What's new

IAF Museum Gives Bangladesh Vintage Dakota

I live in London 50% of the time and Dhaka about third of the year, I neither say they should forget 71 nor glorify it forever. I say this is what is happening in BD, and as the forum member asked, I answered as honestly as I could.

It my upset your feelings as an indian, but that's how things stand, you can't expect Bangladeshis to be grateful to india forever, they live in the real world and what happens now effects how they feel about india not what happened half a century ago.

BD people are very pragmatic, they don't prescribe to any alligence to any groups or nations, the new generation that has grown up in Dhaka don't have any notion of cultural or historic link to india. There alligence is to BD, they are very nationalistic and focused on building their nation.

As for having shame, why should we? India saw an opportunity to divide pakistan during 71 and took it a logical strategic decision, they didn't do it because they loved the people of BD. We have no such, misplaced delusions and or any don't prescribe to any idea that there is any cultural link between india or BD, we don't have much in common, either religion, language, food etc. We just share a similar skin tone that's all.

maybe you shouuld try saying this in dhaaka next time u r there.

u became independent in '71. india helped. u r ungrateful ?? ok fine..celebrate your own independence..see how they r in londdon about england. that's called patriotic.

how do u introduce urself today ? pakistani or bangladeshi ? when a native londoner asks about where have u come from..

india's help it seems...ungrateful and proud.

@damiendehorn
I get it,,,,,, China is developing fast,,young BDians wanna emulate that(which btw is natural)...but do u think a democracy(like India or Bangladesh) can achieve that in similar period of time?
anyway,,,its nice to have a sane conversation with a BDian(full or half ,doent matter) for a change.

Thanks bro, yea I soppose its the same world over. Once everyone looked at the west for inspiration and tried to emulate them, now people look at Asia, or more specifically to South East Asia.

I travel a lot throughout Asia both SE and South Asia each year and I can confidently say I am able to gadge the dramatic change that's been happening the past decade or two.

I don't see why not, but I don't think we should try to cut and paste every thing China, Japan or South Korea has done. Instead we have to look at what they have done and how it can or even if it can be applied in a South Asian context.

Let me give you an example of a recent trip I made, to buy some equipment from Germany. as you know BD has done incredibly well in the RMG garments sector. From practically no where we have become second largest exporter after China (RMG export market is worth around $440bn of which China has $150bn and BD has about $24bn), however labor costs have gone up quite rapidly in China in recent years.

So many RMG factories that were either going to expand or setup are looking to downscale or relocate to other parts, now b4 I booked my flight to Hamburg, I got a call from Dhaka that the same equipments were available in China for a fraction of the new price.

So we flew to China, to inspect the equipment. The same machines we planned to buy new from Germany hadn't even been opened, just shipped and stored at a warehouse. We bought all 6! And this is happening every day, factory owners an BD are flying out to China to buy up entire production lines.

So comming back to our original conversation, yes I think we can grow faster maybe not at the rate China did but near enough. It just needs to have the right economic policies in place.

u became independent in '71. india helped. u r ungrateful ?? ok fine..celebrate your own independence..see how they r in londdon about england. that's called patriotic.

how do u introduce urself today ? pakistani or bangladeshi ? when a native londoner asks about where have u come from..

Its not me who is saying this it's the people who live there, the Bangladeshis themselves. The young generation in BD know why india helped, it wasn't because Indians loved the Bangladeshi people, it's because they saw a strategic opportunity to dismember pakistan, there enemy. Why should we be grateful? India took the actions it did for its own national interests.

What the fcuk has pakistan got to do with this? As for how I introduce myself, I am a British Bangladeshi, who has both Bangladeshi and Dutch/English parents of which I am proud I don't need to make any excuses to anyone for anything.

@damien
"comming back to our original conversation, yes I think we can grow faster maybe not at the rate China did but near enough. It just needs to have the right economic policies in place. "
well,gud for u n BD,
,,but here in India,,,even to open a proper paan shop u gotta get numerous NOC's from numerous govt. agencies.
even for building national highway,,,govt. is contesting cases with private land owners(through which d planned highway is ganna pass).so I am but a bit skeptical about d whole chini model of developement in SA.

Oh and for your information, I am also a native Londoner, we Londoners come in a variety of shapes, sizes races and religious backgrounds. The next time you come down here and open that big mouth of yours be careful what you say in case you end up getting a good kickin from a native Londoner!

This vintage aircraft is a good choice to modernize Bangladesh Air-force......

@damien
"comming back to our original conversation, yes I think we can grow faster maybe not at the rate China did but near enough. It just needs to have the right economic policies in place. "
well,gud for u n BD,
,,but here in India,,,even to open a proper paan shop u gotta get numerous NOC's from numerous govt. agencies.
even for building national highway,,,govt. is contesting cases with private land owners(through which d planned highway is ganna pass).so I am but a bit skeptical about d whole chini model of developement in SA.

Yes I totaly agree, we have a similar set of red tape. We need to look at a number of macro and micro economic models and experiences in a number of countries, Japan, Korea, China even Vietnam to see what works and what may not.

India has a lot more hurdles to deal with then China, not just at the national level with each state of the Union vying to take care of its own interests, but also at the very local level. Infact BD has the very same issues, it's just that the issues are magnified due to its scale amongst other factors.

I still think, though it looks tough for now looking from a historic perspective, but you should not feel negative about indias potential. Having a positive, outlook is the first thing, if Indians keep thinking we can't because of this or that then you'll never even start! Don't compare your selves to others, be it the west or China, be your selves, focus on the present and believe in the future.

No one expected the incredible growth in the indian services sector. The same will happen in other sectors in due time, it's just basic economics and logic.

This vintage aircraft is a good choice to modernize Bangladesh Air-force......

No need to bro, we focus on the important things like building our nation and raising their living standards well let you guys buy your war toys at stupid prices from the west/East and watch it depreciate each year....LOL.

u mean people of bangladesh are forgetting '71 ? lol... people in bangladesh are sayinng that lets forget the year 1971. LOL...

OK. :)

i don't believe that sh!t 1 bit. have a nice day even if u r in bangladesh.

Believe what ever you want? Not as if anyone would a give monkeys xxxxx about it.

Last edited:
Its not me who is saying this it's the people who live there, the Bangladeshis themselves. The young generation in BD know why india helped, it wasn't because Indians loved the Bangladeshi people, it's because they saw a strategic opportunity to dismember pakistan, there enemy. Why should we be grateful? India took the actions it did for its own national interests.

What the fcuk has pakistan got to do with this? As for how I introduce myself, I am a British Bangladeshi, who has both Bangladeshi and Dutch/English parents of which I am proud I don't need to make any excuses to anyone for anything.

u mean people of bangladesh are forgetting '71 ? lol... people in bangladesh are sayinng that lets forget the year 1971. LOL...

OK. :)

Oh and for your information, I am also a native Londoner, we Londoners come in a variety of shapes, sizes races and religious backgrounds. The next time you come down here and open that big mouth of yours be careful what you say in case you end up getting a good kickin from a native Londoner!

i don't believe that sh!t 1 bit. have a nice day even if u r in bangladesh.

Yes I totaly agree, we have a similar set of red tape. We need to look at a number of macro and micro economic models and experiences in a number of countries, Japan, Korea, China even Vietnam to see what works and what may not.

India has a lot more hurdles to deal with then China, not just at the national level with each state of the Union vying to take care of its own interests, but also at the very local level. Infact BD has the very same issues, it's just that the issues are magnified due to its scale amongst other factors.

I still think, though it looks tough for now looking from a historic perspective, but you should not feel negative about indias potential. Having a positive, outlook is the first thing, if Indians keep thinking we can't because of this or that then you'll never even start! Don't compare your selves to others, be it the west or China, be your selves, focus on the present and believe in the future.

No one expected the incredible growth in the indian services sector. The same will happen in other sectors in due time, it's just basic economics and logic.
what I am tryin go say is ,we r not Chinese,n we shudnt(n cannot) emulate thm.
we will develop(both of our countries),,d pace may be relatively slower,but we r here to win d race.

what I am tryin go say is ,we r not Chinese,n we shudnt(n cannot) emulate thm.
we will develop(both of our countries),,d pace may be relatively slower,but we r here to win d race.

Exactly!

From a BD perspective all I can add is. We're neither Chinese or Indian and both cultures are alien to use, we in BD will study how others have progressed but in the end we will do thing that are distinctly Bangladeshi.

Well, got to go now. It was good conversing with you and hope you the best in the future.

Last edited:

No need to bro, we focus on the important things like building our nation and raising their living standards well let you guys buy your war toys at stupid prices from the west/East and watch it depreciate each year....LOL.

Believe what ever you want? Not as if anyone would a give monkeys xxxxx about it.

off course i will. :D LoL...what did you think ? innn perspectivve u seeem despperate to throw in some other race other than south asian muslim, another country outside of bd..do u suffer from an inferiority complex ?

how about proving how bangladeshis are forgetting '71 ? enlighten me.

off course i will. :D LoL...what did you think ? innn perspectivve u seeem despperate to throw in some other race other than south asian muslim, another country outside of bd..do u suffer from an inferiority complex ?

how about proving how bangladeshis are forgetting '71 ? enlighten me.

Why do I need to prove anything to you? If you want enlightenment go to school, study and if you want to know about what people in BD think go an see for your self, I am not your teacher. Inferiority complex...LOL...comming from ant like you, I doudt that.

Why do I need to prove anything to you? If you want enlightenment go to school, study and if you want to know about what people in BD think go an see for your self, I am not your teacher. Inferiority complex...LOL...comming from ant like you, I doudt that.

1.shooting from the hip without knowing the ground realities in bangladesh. unable to provide any sources or links.

2. inferiority complex of being bangladeshi.

3. name calling as a last resort. question : how am i typing if i am an ant ?

rather textbook case of low quality trolling. hmm..

1.shooting from the hip without knowing the ground realities in bangladesh. unable to provide any sources or links.

2. inferiority complex of being bangladeshi.

3. name calling as a last resort. question : how am i typing if i am an ant ?

rather textbook case of low quality trolling. hmm..

Lol...:p:...at least you keep me amused, an Indian talking about ground realities about BD to a Bangladeshi...well that explains your IQ...:rofl:....not name calling just stating facts.

But still carry on, I need a laugh or two.

Lol...:p:...at least you keep me amused, an Indian talking about ground realities about BD to a Bangladeshi...well that explains your IQ...:rofl:....not name calling just stating facts.

But still carry on, I need a laugh or two.

u do have inferiority complex of being a bangladeshi...people prolly call u an indian or a ****, no ?

lol...india is not bangladesh. ground realities of bangladesh are known to all except jamatis in bangladesh. they are still living in their beloved pre 71 east pakistan. r u one of them ? afraid to say it in public in dhaka or anywhere in bangladesh cause u will be lynched...they have to come to internet to vent those feelings...doesn't make it true though.

see, i know so much sitting right here in india.

Back
Top Bottom