What's new

IAF has 220 Su-30MKI's in Active Service.

1921142_660887780638116_669644154_o.jpg

:-):-):-):-):smitten::smitten::smitten:

photo_72608.jpg
photo_66900.jpg
photo_66816.jpg
photo_66815.jpg
photo_90697.jpg
photo_90644.jpg
photo_79359.jpg
photo_66814.jpg
photo_91376.jpg

Last edited:
220 Su-30MKIs? They'll give some headache to 50 JF-17s...

One we get something like 250 JF-17s, then dealing 270 odd Su-30MKIs would be a piece of cake.

I don't know why hindus are pilling up so much fighter jets. They are insignificant in the world. Nobody cares about them. Well, probably afraid of history. After they remained slaved of Islamic Powers for centuries and centuries..hehehehehe

Post reported!!

220 Su-30MKIs? They'll give some headache to 50 JF-17s...

One we get something like 250 JF-17s, then dealing 270 odd Su-30MKIs would be a piece of cake.

I
But there is only 100 Su-30MKI in eastern border.Rest is placed in other air commands.

Eastern borders? along Bangladesh? hehe

whatever, whether 100 or 270..indians can't match with PAF's ability to put as many aircrafts in air at one time as PAF can..

JF-17s would be more than enough to handle su-30s

What is this?o_Oo_Oo_O.I it sarcasm or something like that.

i was calling them super sukhois bcoz only 42 mki's are going to get upgraded to a new standard not all.......so,the rest are going to be cheap????
correct me if i am wrong

If this is the case, I hope India just build 42 of the new standard ones. And don't upgrade the existing ones.

Israel has some 20,000 square kilometers and some 7 million people and it has over 80 F-15 fighters. IAF needs at least 1000 Su-30MKI. :yes4:

Israeli Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think Indian Air Force know about its necessities more than you.For Israel, without AF there is no military .They dont have human resources like India in their Army.So their Airforce do additional responsibility that it Army cant burden.

The earlier tranches all cost about $45 million. The latest tranche of 42 costs $100 million plus, which has led to speculation that they will be preconfigured for nuclear strike, and will go to the strategic force command. The SFC had put forth a need for 40 dedicated long range strikers for nuclear delivery, and coincidentally (or maybe not) the last order for MKIs was also 40. That cost a lot, but the SFC's requirement has not been heard of since, so...

Yes I know that it is incuded in the 272, because the total is expected to be ony 272. My question is whether the 40 ordered from Russia in 2007 have already been delivered or not. Multiple sources state that the total in service now is around 190, which tallies with 50 from russia and 134 from HAL.
There is no such thing as Super Sukhoi. The deal was scrapped. The last 42 Sukhois will be the usual Su-30s supplied as knock down kits by Irkut to HAL for assembly each costing 38 million dollars without the assembly cost.
Super Sukhoi designation will be applied to MLU'ed Sukhois, which as of now are non-existant.

@Topic The real number would be somewhere around 200, not 220. HAL will only deliver 140 by 2015. 134 by 2014 is a plain lie or dumbass reporters' misreporting.

There is no such thing as Super Sukhoi. The deal was scrapped. The last 42 Sukhois will be the usual Su-30s supplied as knock down kits by Irkut to HAL for assembly each costing 38 million dollars without the assembly cost.
Super Sukhoi designation will be applied to MLU'ed Sukhois, which as of now are non-existant.
Source?

Israel has some 20,000 square kilometers of land and some 7 million people and it has over 80 F-15 fighters. IAF needs at least 1000 Su-30MKI fighters. :yes4:

Israeli Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dude Israel is a quite different story alltogether .
The people sitting in Indian high command are much smarter than you . I feel as of today we got the sufficient amount of birds to deal with any aerial threat . Slowly and steadily with the passage of time we will be inducting Tejas 1 and 2 , Rafale , pak fa and maybe amca . So you see Indian air force has a very bright future .

The earlier tranches all cost about $45 million. The latest tranche of 42 costs $100 million plus, which has led to speculation that they will be preconfigured for nuclear strike, and will go to the strategic force command. The SFC had put forth a need for 40 dedicated long range strikers for nuclear delivery, and coincidentally (or maybe not) the last order for MKIs was also 40. That cost a lot, but the SFC's requirement has not been heard of since, so...

Yes I know that it is incuded in the 272, because the total is expected to be ony 272. My question is whether the 40 ordered from Russia in 2007 have already been delivered or not. Multiple sources state that the total in service now is around 190, which tallies with 50 from russia and 134 from HAL.

Some SU 30's are being modified to carry brahmos too....someone actually needs to clarify the current status of SU deliveries and it's planned upgrades with proper source. The Super SU deal was to be signed when the Russian president visited India - not sure if that happened either.

@Abingdonboy , @sancho.

That link doesn't say that it won't be in super-30 standard - it merely gives a low cost, from which one could deduce that it is not in the super-30 configuration. However, other sources place the cost higher, and the following link mentions that disparity, and agrees with the higher estimates -

India Ordering, Modernizing SU-30MKIs

Dec 24/12: Super-30s contract. Russia signs over $4 billion worth of defense contracts with India, including the deal for 42 “Super 30″ upgraded SU-30MKIs. Key Super 30 upgrades are reported to include a new radar (probably AESA, and likely Phazotron’s Zhuk-AE), improved onboard computers, upgraded electronic warfare systems, and the ability to fire the air-launched version of the Indo-Russian BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.

Russian sources place the Super 30 deal at $1.6 billion, which is significantly below previous figures. The Hindustan Times places its value at Rs 16,666 crore instead, which is about $3.023 billion at current conversions. The Times’ figure is in line with previous estimates, and is the one DID will use. The planes will arrive at HAL as assembly kits, and will be added to HAL’s production backlog. So far, the company says that they have assembled and delivered 119 SU-30MKIs to the IAF.

@janon
Defence Industry Daily is not a source. It just takes compiles articles with data from other news sources, which is especially true in this case as they have mentioned it explicity.

Ria Novosti is the official media outlet for Russian Armed Forces, and the Russian Defence Ministry. It would be wise to take their word than dumbass third party DDM reporters of this country.

Russia gave 18 MKI's in exchange for 18 Su 30 MK's returned by India.

BTW here is osurce for Su's delivered by Russia:

Super duper mod is requested to read properly:
He politely asked for it, he is very knowledgable. You should have been polite in reply if you disagree.

Some SU 30's are being modified to carry brahmos too....someone actually needs to clarify the current status of SU deliveries and it's planned upgrades with proper source. The Super SU deal was to be signed when the Russian president visited India - not sure if that happened either.

@Abingdonboy , @sancho.

The orders are-
1. 50 SU-30MK and MKIs ordered directly from Russia in 1996..
2. Another 40 SU-30MKIs, ordered direct in 2007.
3. A license-build deal with India’s HAL -140 more SU-30MKI Phase 3 planes (MoU 2000)..
4.A final deal of 42 HAL-built in December 2012.

ie. TOTAL=50+40+140+42= 272.. (4 crashed)

Completion...
1. 50 SU 30 (8MK+10K+32MKI)... all upgraded to MKI's...
2. I think deal (2007) is the confusion....
This deal is neither an off the shelf buy nor an indegenous production... It's an assemby for speeding up the induction .... Proof for this is after the Dec 2012 HAL Chairman R. K. Tyagi
"HAL's total responsibility for this supersonic multirole aircraft has now gone up to 222," said HAL Chairman R. K. Tyagi. "
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. building Su-30 MKI fighters - UPI.com

More proof in 2009 before DEC 2012 deal of 42...
In addition to licensed manufacture of 140 SU-30 aircraft by M/s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), a contact for procurement of additional 40 SU-30 MKI was signed with M/s HAL in 2007. Out of these three aircraft have been delivered to the Indian Air Force and delivery of the remaining aircraft is expected to be completed by 2011-12.
The manufacturing of the aircraft will be under Transfer of Technology agreement between M/s HAL and M/s Resoboronexport, Russia. M/s HAL would be procuring the technical kits from Russia and assembling the aircraft.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply (2009) to Shri L Raja Gopal in Lok Sabha.....

Also in 2011 before Dec 2012 deal of additional 42MKI....
Subsequent to CCS Sanctions, contracts were concluded with IAF for supply of 140 8U-30 MIG aircraft by 2014-15. Further contract for supply of additional 40 SU-30 MKI aircraft was concluded with IAF for completion within 2014-15, along with earlier order of 140 aircraft. Out of the total 180 aircraft, 99 aircraft have been delivered till 2010-11.This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM PallamRaju in written reply to Shri Nand Kumar Sai in Rajya Sabha.

3.Licence build deal- Not know the exact number... but HAL production=total 134( out of 222)... The HAL production increases to 28/ annum (may be because of indeginous+ assembly production) ..

4. Latest deal final deal signed in 2012.. HAL will produce or assembled...
India, Russia seal new defence deals - Livemint

So total SU 30s in IAF=50+134=184...

NB:Also as Eighth squandron raised in DEC2012.. That is 18*8=144 in DEC2012.. Total produced will be close to above in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom