What's new

IAF has 220 Su-30MKI's in Active Service.

Assault Rifle

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
IAF has 220 SU-30 MKI's in Active Service.

NASIK: A high level Russian delegation led by Mikhail A Pogosyan, president, United Aircraft Corporation, visited aircraft manufacturing and overhaul divisions of HAL at Nasik recently.

"They had first-hand impression of the state of the art facilities created for Su 30 MKI manufacturing and overhaul facilities at Nasik", said Dr RK Tyagi, Chairman, HAL.

At present, HAL is producing these aircrafts from raw material phase and till date has delivered 134 aircraft to Indian Air Force. HAL manufactures around 43000 components for airframe, 6300 for engine, and 9600 for accessories. HAL makes 72% of the components in India with 100% technology absorption as per the scope defined in the contract.

Russian delegation visits HAL's Sukhoi facility in Nasik - The Times of India

As we know in addition to the 134 Su-30 MKI's delivered HAL, Russia has delivered 90 Su-30 MKI's.
Unfortunately as we have lost 4 Su-30's in crashes(2 in 2009 & 1 each in 2011 & 2013).

So 134+90-4=220 Su-30 MKI's in active service.

@IND151 @Roybot @Abingdonboy @sancho @sandy 3126 @third eye @karan.1970

Unbelievable. I believe the number is around 140.

But good if true.

I guess India had returned 18-20 first batch (MK variant) russian made aircrafts. So actual figure is closed to 200 but not all are inducted in squds.
PS: IAF is inducting many mkis in new sqds.

I guess India had returned 18-20 first batch (MK variant) russian made aircrafts. So actual figure is closed to 200 but not all are inducted in squds.
PS: IAF is inducting many mkis in new sqds.

Russia gave 18 MKI's in exchange for 18 Su 30 MK's returned by India.

BTW here is osurce for Su's delivered by Russia:

India ordered the first 90 Su-30MKI from Russia in 1996 and 2007. License for the local production of 140 planes by Hindustan Aaronautics Industries (HAL) was obtained in December 2000.

Defense Update:IAF to Raise Four More SU-30MKI Squadrons - Defense Update:

OP is requested to emphasize the difference between aircraft on order and aircraft in active service.

Check both knocked down kit status and those manufactured from scratch.

Super duper mod is requested to read properly:

At present, HAL is producing these aircrafts from raw material phase and till date has delivered 134 aircraft to Indian Air Force

Russian delegation visits HAL's Sukhoi facility in Nasik - The Times of India

OP is requested to emphasize the difference between aircraft on order and aircraft in active service.

Check both knocked down kit status and those manufactured from scratch.
Please change the title of the thread, which is misleading. IAF has ordered a total of 272 but has 180+ in active service as of now. The title says 220 on order.

@Assault Rifle : Only 50 has been delivered by Russia. The next batch of 42 is supposed to be in the super-30 config, and hasn't been delivered yet. That is my understanding. Do you have a source that 90 have been delivered by Russia?

Please change the title of the thread, which is misleading. IAF has ordered a total of 272 but has 180+ in active service as of now. The title says 220 on order.

@Assault Rifle : Only 50 has been delivered by Russia. The next batch of 42 is supposed to be in the super-30 config, and hasn't been delivered yet. That is my understanding. Do you have a source that 90 have been delivered by Russia?

1. 50 SU-30MK and MKIs ordered directly from Russia in 1996. The SU-30MKs were reportedly modernized to a basic SU-30MKI standard.
2. Another 40 SU-30MKIs, ordered direct in 2007. These machines have reportedly been upgraded to the “Phase 3″ standard.
3. A license-build deal with India’s HAL that aims to produce up to 140 more SU-30MKI Phase 3 planes by 2013-2017
4. An improved set of 42 HAL-built SU-30MKI “Super 30s”. A preliminary order was reportedly signed in 2011, but the final deal waited until December 2012.

India Ordering, Modernizing SU-30MKIs

P.S. I have corrected to the title which was edited by that oscar sometime back.

P.S. I have corrected to the title which was edited by that oscar sometime back.
I'm not sure what to make of this. Until last year, multiple sources estimated the total in IAF service to be 160+. This, for instance:
168 Sukhoi Su-30 MKI Presently Flying In The Indian Air Force [IAF]

Has the batch of 40 ordered in 2007 been delivered? I thought that the batch confirmed in 2012 was the same 40 ordered in 2007, with the next batch of 42 super-30s awaiting confirmation. Therefore, a total of 272. Your link seems to suggest that the 40 ordered in 2007 have already been delivered, and that the order for the 42 supers have been placed in 2012.

@Oscar @WebMaster : Why am I getting a message that my comment is awaiting moderation?

Super duper mod is requested to read properly:

OP is requested to stop being a smart *** and put the title out properly. Neither has the OP provided proof for his claim... nor is there any news to support this.

OP is requested to stop being a smart *** and put the title out properly. Neither has the OP provided proof for his claim... nor is there any news to support this.

Super Mod is requested to provide proof that HAL lied about the production 134 Mki's.

BTW why are you interested that whether IAF has 220 mki's or not.
;)

Back
Top Bottom