What's new

IAF Foresees Delays In Indo-Russian 5th Gen Fighter

I think the delay in the PAKFA program would be because of the new engines and stealth parameters that it has to satisfy. Also, the bay compartment for weapons is a new things at least for Russian fighters, so that also needs some testing.

Sorry to find people on a defence forum lack the simple knowledge regarding the generation standard of China compare to the west, it had nothing to do for being superior or not, that just the way Chinese count their generations of fighter jets.

China (Shenyang) While the Russian aircraft manufacturer Sukhoi is flight testing its T-50 PAKFA–the world is watching the tests very closely. Analysts are surprised that China too is testing its 5th generation aircraft (which it calls 4th generation). Beijing thinks that the F-22 is a 4th generation aircraft while the West considers it a 5th generation stealth fighter
China?s 5th generation J-14 Stealth Fighter | Opinion Maker

China's equivalent generation fighter is not as capable as the other nations planes-namely the west. Eg: J-10. Its a third generation chinese fighter or a fourth generation fighter as per the world standards yet it is not as capable as other existing fourth generation fighters being fielded by countries today-eg: F-16 blk 52/60. Typhoon, Rafale, Su-30 and the like.

So please, hope against hope that the Chinese will deliver something equal in capability and not too far behind the T-50.

I agree with you totally..
Its just that the counting and the standard practise of tagging the generation of a fighter aircraft are different in China and West.

5 is 4 in mandarin while its 5 itself in the rest of the world.

No worries.:cheers:

090313_rofl.jpg

Chinese 5 th Gen has nothing to do with topic don't know why it finds a mention on every PAKFA related thread.

for the bold part
At least we know it flew and landed but what do you know about Chinese 5th Gen apart from rumors? How can you claim that an imaginary bird will be ready around the same time frame as PAKFA? Its just a plain wishful thinking but even if I believe you that it will at least be able to fly by the time PAKFA is fully ready then how exactly its gonna help Pakistan remains a big question mark?
From Pakistani perspectives, a stealth, super maneuverable fighter without any foreseeable deterrent would be really bad. The only deterrent we may have is the Chinese J-XX 5th Gen fighter. It is quite natural for it to be seen in a J-XX context and any delays in the PAKFA would be welcomed on the Pakistani side.

From Pakistani perspectives, a stealth, super maneuverable fighter without any foreseeable deterrent would be really bad. The only deterrent we may have is the Chinese J-XX 5th Gen fighter. It is quite natural for it to be seen in a J-XX context and any delays in the PAKFA would be welcomed on the Pakistani side.

Exactly.....and this is the same logic we applied wen there was news of Russia blocking engines for JF-17.

And I think nothing wrong in the logic for we r not friends..rather rivals.

I agree with you totally..
Its just that the counting and the standard practise of tagging the generation of a fighter aircraft are different in China and West.

5 is 4 in mandarin while its 5 itself in the rest of the world.

No worries.:cheers:

good one benny :yahoo::yahoo:

Chinese 5 th Gen has nothing to do with topic don't know why it finds a mention on every PAKFA related thread.

for the bold part
At least we know it flew and landed but what do you know about Chinese 5th Gen apart from rumors? How can you claim that an imaginary bird will be ready around the same time frame as PAKFA? Its just a plain wishful thinking but even if I believe you that it will at least be able to fly by the time PAKFA is fully ready then how exactly its gonna help Pakistan remains a big question mark?

may be a strong allied airforce.. or the possibility to get in the PAF in the future, but surely not before PAKFA.

If we get the 50 PAK-FA as planned then we can afford to wait 4-5 years more for FGFA to materialise. We won't be using these planes until absolute necessary and we will still be having MKI's and MRCA's for main strike role. So, I think for next decade we will still have an edge. The problem will be after China produces their stealth plane. They can produce these as a pan cakes and will change the equation rapidly. IAF has to make sure the induction plan of FGFA should not deviate too much further than 4-5 years max.

I'll take Sukhoi's word over yours.

There are a number of pak-fa prototypes' in existance with a new prototype expected by the end of this year, people also forget that the pak-fa prototype was constructed well before it's test flight and that the SU-47, which flew more than a decade ago, was a test bed for the pak-fa; for instance, things such as weapons bays were first tested on the SU-47.

The pak-fa has also accomplished more then just a flight and landing, months back it was reported that the pak-fa has completed atleast 16 test flight, by now that number is much higher, and we can expect the frequency of test flights to rise since the earlier test flights were conducted with much caution.

Also if you beleive the pak-fa will not enter service until 2020-2025 then the it's only fair to assume that the j-xx will not enter service before 2030-2035.
So what do you assume is the possible reason for delays? The article has left everyone guessing why a couple of years extra though since Russia in involved I don't doubt that it would be something important.

Is it additional stealth features or the integration of new powerful engines or even the assigning of internalizing weapons bay (till now flying prototypes didn't show a clean configuration belly)?

Any ideas?

somehow i think it would be better to have tried to get on board the JSF. if the PAK-FA doesn't deliver or delivers less than promised for some reason, we're screwed vis a vis China.

2020 or 2025. This bird is not hitting the scene significantly before the Chinese 5th Gen.

All we know about its current capability is that it flew and landed. That does not mean much in terms of its readiness.

And we all have seen chinese 5th gen flying zooming zip zap zoom and going bang bang.

Dont worry guys , if there is greater amt of delay then iaf will go in for more PAKFA to mentain required strength
It is the same case as of mmrca and Su30mki
where we purchased 40 MKI in 2007 becoz of delay in mmrca and now have also ordered 42 more Mki to ward off against any further delay in acqusition of mmrca
U can expect another order for 40 Su30Mki if mmrca is delayed from 2014 to 2016

thing are going like hell

i cant understand why delay in every thing

arjun tank
lca teajs
su30 deal
mmrca
agni5

is that possible that we have upper hand against china

what think tank is doing

Back
Top Bottom