What's new

IAF bans beards for muslims

IAF banned beards for everyone. Not just for muslims..its banned for hindus too..where hindu culture believes in beard.
So muslims need not be worried. and esply pak ppl can feel what ever they want against India. Think all the hindus are extremists...OK ...np....

Will PAKISTAN AIR FORCE ALLOW HINDUS TO WEAR DHOTI?

:rofl: Imagine what would happen if the dhoti got stuck while closing the hood!

Then we would call it a "Flying Dhoti" :rofl: :enjoy:
like alladins flying carpet!! just think of it man, a Brahmin will all his gear, dhoti et al, tika, the hair, man it will be one hilarious scene! and just think, a pilot with his turban like bin laden! hahahahah

IAF should organise a Desi Day, i mean on one particular day u can wear ur regional clothes etc, man it will be hilarious! trust me!

Muslims are getting so much from the State, Haj Subsidy, Reservation in IAS, IPS, IFS etc. Do you know that we get paid to study in Colleges???? ;) Besides I feel beards dont look good on Air Force pilots. X Man said that this sorta stuff happened in PAF and it blew out of proportion and some people got court marshalled! what do u say about it? Why did PAF wanna shorten beards??? Its the look dummy!

Please don’t misquote me by picking a line from what I wrote and throwing your own opinion in it….:disagree: You totally missed the point here….People were not court martial because of keeping long beards, but they were court martialed for DISOBEYING A LAWFULL COMMAND BY SUPERIOR OFFICERS !!! Punishment for the disobedience of a lawful order in any military is the severest….Today the guy is rebelling against beard, tomorrow he can refuse something else….There is no place for rebels in armed forces…

PAF is not against beards, but it’s against the beards that aren’t as per dress regulations…I cant put it in more simple words…As per the looks or if it looks dummy, well that is your own personal that other people may differ. Many PAF pilots have very smart beards and it suits them very well (now this is my opinion only..) :)...You can find few beards here too...

no16_1988_1_.jpg

I don’t understand that why people are relating beard as a religious symbol or some Islam specific thing??? Beard is NOT is religious symbol … People from all faiths and No faiths keep beards world over …..It’s a personal choice…..Beard is not like putting tilak on forehead or kippa on head or surma in eyes or a tasbeeh in hand…..Today its beard, tomorrow someone might say that Moustaches are also a no-no …. Please don’t term beard as an Islamic symbol. Because IT IS NOT…..Neither its essential in Islam to grow beard nor majority of muslims have beards ....

On a lighter note, James Hetfield (of Metallica) has also got one and looks quite Talibani too…and surprisingly he was held at the airport due to the same reason... Its a crazy world out there…:crazy:
'Taleban-like beard' sees Metallica frontman detained at airport - Entertainment - NZ Herald News

IMO, till the time any person from armed forces ( of any faith what so ever) is keeping it as per dress code, it shouldn’t be banned: Its purely a matter of personal choice rather than a faith…:enjoy:

Please don’t misquote me by picking a line from what I wrote and throwing your own opinion in it….:disagree: You totally missed the point here….People were not court martial because of keeping long beards, but they were court martialed for DISOBEYING A LAWFULL COMMAND BY SUPERIOR OFFICERS !!! Punishment for the disobedience of a lawful order in any military is the severest….Today the guy is rebelling against beard, tomorrow he can refuse something else….There is no place for rebels in armed forces…

PAF is not against beards, but it’s against the beards that aren’t as per dress regulations…I cant put it in more simple words…As per the looks or if it looks dummy, well that is your own personal that other people may differ. Many PAF pilots have very smart beards and it suits them very well (now this is my opinion only..) :)...You can find few beards here too...

no16_1988_1_.jpg

I don’t understand that why people are relating beard as a religious symbol or some Islam specific thing??? Beard is NOT is religious symbol … People from all faiths and No faiths keep beards world over …..It’s a personal choice…..Beard is not like putting tilak on forehead or kippa on head or surma in eyes or a tasbeeh in hand…..Today its beard, tomorrow someone might say that Moustaches are also a no-no …. Please don’t term beard as an Islamic symbol. Because IT IS NOT…..Neither its essential in Islam to grow beard nor majority of muslims have beards ....

On a lighter note, James Hetfield (of Metallica) has also got one and looks quite Talibani too…and surprisingly he was held at the airport due to the same reason... Its a crazy world out there…:crazy:
'Taleban-like beard' sees Metallica frontman detained at airport - Entertainment - NZ Herald News

IMO, till the time any person from armed forces ( of any faith what so ever) is keeping it as per dress code, it shouldn’t be banned: Its purely a matter of personal choice rather than a faith…:enjoy:
I am sorry if u felt i twisted ur opinion. I was pissed off because many came off here acting as if, having a beard is next to saying kalimah!

In a secular state (for example france), one WOULD NOT BE allowed to wear religious symbols on govt jobs. so whats ur point? its funny when a pakistani comments abt secularism when he does not know the S of it.

LoLzzz.............. are you trying to compare your hindu astan with France........ i bet cow slaughter is not prohibited in any state of France to start with...........

Yes If a state helps any Religion in any Way, Its not secular! Hence India is not SECULAR, because it provides many benefits to Minorities, like Haj Subsidy, reservations etc! Check out the meaning of SECULAR in a Certified Dictionary!!!! Hope you know how to check out words! ;) lol

So atlast, we agree on one thing that hindustan is not a secular state.....................;). Now, please convince other countrymen of yours about it and next time dont use word secular......... :lol:

Its good that the hindu state is providing you subsidies and quotas and all. But its impact on muslim population is clearly visible, ironically in negative way. If you insist, i can provide you a link to Sachar Report to clarify your misperceptions about fellow muslims in hindustan.

I know, its not fun to be challenged and hence you getting bored but the facts wont change even if you get tired. God Bless

Dear Melb4Aust,

Actually you look like a fool since I said all pilots who have beard must trim it.

In YOUR EAGERNESS to put your FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH (probably u like the taste of it unlike me) you have posted a smart handsome pilot WITH A TRIMMED BEARD exactly what I STATED.

Now please read this in ENGLISH

1. The IAF airman did not want to trim his beard but wanted to grow a mullah beard which as per X Man (he is a Pakistani ) is not permitted by the PAF.

2. Post a photo of a mullah beard pilot (other than from Afghanistan or Iran) without photoshopping and give a link otherwse chase a kangaroo (you probably have a better chance of beating it at boxing than finding a mullah bearded pilot).

Regards

It seems that the only one putting his foot in his mouth and then ******* it overtime is you .........................
Are you high????????????? have you read the thread starting article, where did it say that IAF personnel are asking permission to keep "mullah" beard????????????? They are not being allowed any kind of beard whether trimmed or untrimmed?????????????
Furthermore, have you bothered to read the rank of people suing IAF???????? they are all people of lower ranks. Pilots are supposed to be few and that too they are officers not airmen. So if at all, there is restriction on pilots which in any case muslim will be few, atleast others in ground branches should not be restricted.

As regards dhotis and stuff, IAF is more than welcome to experiment but not with muslim sentiment.

So atlast, we agree on one thing that hindustan is not a secular state.....................;). Now, please convince other countrymen of yours about it and next time dont use word secular......... :lol:

Its good that the hindu state is providing you subsidies and quotas and all. But its impact on muslim population is clearly visible, ironically in negative way. If you insist, i can provide you a link to Sachar Report to clarify your misperceptions about fellow muslims in hindustan.

I know, its not fun to be challenged and hence you getting bored but the facts wont change even if you get tired. God Bless

well the sachar report was carried out by india...to cater to the secular nature of india.
it is an issue that we SEEK to resolve...such issues are out in the open to be worked for...that was the motive behind the commission.
When was the last time a commission was set up in pakistan to look after the stature of hindus in pakistan?

well the sachar report was carried out by india...to cater to the secular nature of india.it is an issue that we SEEK to resolve...such issues are out in the open to be worked for...that was the motive behind the commission.
When was the last time a commission was set up in pakistan to look after the stature of hindus in pakistan?

One report in 60 odd years to wear the feather of secularism in your cap............ Great cost indeed for assuming the title. Implementation of recommendation, however another story.

Only if you quote a Gujrat type massacre of minorities in Pakistan, i will support your recommendation. Any way, we have not made any such facade for ourselves, we are islamic republic remember.......... even then minorities are better off.

It is submitted that all Muslims do not keep a beard.
Not all Sikhs and Hindus keep beared either.

The practice of growing and keeping beard is optional
Depriving some one from options based on religon reflect india is a hardline hindu state.
Have you ever thought that barring indian Muslims from all options may make them angry.
sporting a beard is not universally recognised in the religion of Islam.
Which Universe are we talking here?

Well keeping a beard in the IAF is not allowed in any case - only exceptions are made when a beard is an essential part of one's religion.

Indian Army and Airforce do not allow beards for non-religious reasons - that's the rule.
Only the Navy allows beards, for obvious reasons.

I really fail to see the connection - how does that make India a hindu state? Are Hindus in the IAF allowed to wear tilak and keep their upper bodies naked?

During the entire month of Ramazan, its optional for troops and even pilots to fast. Most don't fast in the SF during their training as it takes a toll and they need the caloric intake.

Rightly said Blain.....Mixing flying with fasting is forbidden in PAF….Airforce rules clearly state that if a pilot wants to keep fasts, he/she can take the 30 days off from their annual leave and fast….But fasting while on duty is a big NO NO…..

Back
Top Bottom