What's new

IAF bans beards for muslims

What the hell. Why are you calling me moron with your head less comment. I was merely replying to Flintlock post and made a logical comparison regarding beard. What is moronic about that you jackass. It come to my observation that you pathetically always neutrally taking side with India and Israel, and always neutrally anti Muslim and Islam. your are clearly a Indian hiding behind Brit flag......

Yes Sir,

If you are not a moron then U ARE UNINFORMED. I dont have to be an Indian to challenge ur stupidity.

The BAF AFO states that no pilot may have a beard which inhabits the intergrity of his Oxygen Mask and must be trimmed to ensure that. Since the BAFO is restricted I cannot post it here.

Go back and learn something about your AFOs which I think are better that PAFO's and IAFO's. Sorry I cannot suffer fools.

Regards

Hi M4A,

Thanks for the roo crap. Its as gibberish as it smells ! Why not answer the points I raised. If u are an Aussie as you claim then you probably know the difference between our Englishes ( the word is not very English) and YOURS ?

I wish I was the Prince of UK, I would be in Mahiki (its a bar) being kissed by beautiful maidens then debating with some kangroos like U.

:cheers:

Regards

Crap, garbage or what ever is all urzz thrown back on u. i did answer ur points if ur good enough to understand them. i aint any aussie nor have an inferiority complex which i can see u have, there is nothing wrong being an indian, pom, kangroo, kiwi or pakistani so Stop nominating nationalities.
I pray ur wish come true.:angel: chao

Yes Sir,

If you are not a moron then U ARE UNINFORMED. I dont have to be an Indian to challenge ur stupidity.

The BAF AFO states that no pilot may have a beard which inhabits the intergrity of his Oxygen Mask and must be trimmed to ensure that. Since the BAFO is restricted I cannot post it here.

Go back and learn something about your AFOs which I think are better that PAFO's and IAFO's. Sorry I cannot suffer fools.

Regards

No point of argue man. As one of my brother said
"we are all idiots dealing with an idiot who doesn't wanna understand."

thanks

Pleas do diligence before making your self look sily. Beard is required in the Sikh religion, its compulsary. When person in Sikhism get baptised, beard and full facial hair is must.

it not a requirement
i have sikh friends who have it beards and sikh friends that dont
ive discussed it with them both and they themselves stated its not required
and i recommend you do spell check before you call anyone else silly

What is so hard to understand? They prohibit overt religious symbols unless it is an essential part of someone's religion.

Next we'll have Brahmins in the airforce refusing to wear the uniform for a dhoti and refusing to kill another human being because its against their religion.
Or we'll have jains demanding that they be served special meals with no onion and garlic (and of course refusing to kill)

I don't understand why it makes the headlines every time muslims have to make a small compromise.

Flintlock,

I think I understand thus I commented. The problem here is the way the beard is being interpreted. The logic is that since many Muslims do not wear it, it is not important and not obligatory. Since this is a matter of interpretation, thus it is being challenged by the individuals.

I have seen many Sikhs who do not wear the turban or their beard. Does that mean that since some amongst the Sikhs do not wear them, it is not within their right to demand to wear it for the practicing ones?

The funny thing about this whole episode is that while there is no bar on the mustache (they used to have a handlebar mustache allowance) in the South Asian armies, beard is becoming controversial. In any case, people always have a choice. If they really thought that this was a big deal from the standpoint of personal conviction and beliefs then they could always opt out of service.

No point of argue man. As one of my brother said
"we are all idiots dealing with an idiot who doesn't wanna understand."

thanks

Ha ha,

Still not able to quote your BAFO on beards ? Okay please post a photo of a pilot from your AF with a beard like OBL ? PLEASE DONT BE A ROO AND POST A PHOTO OF A PILOT WITH A VERY NEAT AND TRIMMED BEARD !

If not run away and live to fight another day !

Regards

Ps : Look at the War Hero MuradK on this forum ? Look at his beard its awsome :victory:

Crap, garbage or what ever is all urzz thrown back on u. i did answer ur points if ur good enough to understand them. i aint any aussie nor have an inferiority complex which i can see u have, there is nothing wrong being an indian, pom, kangroo, kiwi or pakistani so Stop nominating nationalities.
I pray ur wish come true.:angel: chao

Ha ha,

Still not able to quote your AuFO on beards ? Okay please post a photo of a pilot from your AF with a beard like OBL ? PLEASE DONT BE A ROO AND POST A PHOTO OF A PILOT WITH A VERY NEAT AND TRIMMED BEARD LIKE U DID LAST TIME !

Regards

Ps : Look at the War Hero MuradK on this forum ? Look at his beard its awsome :victory:

Flintlock,

I think I understand thus I commented. The problem here is the way the beard is being interpreted. The logic is that since many Muslims do not wear it, it is not important and not obligatory. Since this is a matter of interpretation, thus it is being challenged by the individuals.

I have seen many Sikhs who do not wear the turban or their beard. Does that mean that since some amongst the Sikhs do not wear them, it is not within their right to demand to wear it for the practicing ones?

No, because Sikhism is quite clear on the beard and turban - it is compulsory for all Sikhs, and there are no multiple viewpoints on this issue. Infact, it was recently declared that Sikhs who shave their hair were to be excommunicated.

The funny thing about this whole episode is that while there is no bar on the mustache (they used to have a handlebar mustache allowance) in the South Asian armies, beard is becoming controversial. In any case, people always have a choice. If they really thought that this was a big deal from the standpoint of personal conviction and beliefs then they could always opt out of service.

Well it depends on the culture of the armed forces - a "mullah beard" would definitely be unacceptable because its basically flaunting your religion - which is not conducive to the cohesion of the armed forces.

The Sikh beard on the other hand doesn't send such signals.

In Pakistan perhaps such a beard would be interpreted differently, because soldiers are expected to be good muslims also.

Flintlock,

Dear Blain,

can I tell you funny incident in Gwadar ?

I was deputed to work with your toughest there. You know whom i mean. We worked with a swedish (re-breather guess thats a hint enough) diving set. All your toughies use to finish their sets endurances initially within 90 minutes while goras ( i learnt the meaning there) like me use to take 120 - 140 minutes before we came on the reserve. After some delicate negotiations we got them all to have a clean shave just before a real Ops and they all agreed as long as they could get a chance to destroy an Indian ship. Then they started beating us hands down by 20 minutes on the reserve as they preferred hypoxia / CO2 poisoning then giving up.

You can check these facts. I use to work in Lidingo many years ago where three of your officers came for training.

Regards

Last edited:
it not a requirement
i have sikh friends who have it beards and sikh friends that dont
ive discussed it with them both and they themselves stated its not required
and i recommend you do spell check before you call anyone else silly

I will ask you very kindly read my that post very carefully again and look for word "Baptized". :hitwall:

Ha ha,

Still not able to quote your AuFO on beards ? Okay please post a photo of a pilot from your AF with a beard like OBL ? PLEASE DONT BE A ROO AND POST A PHOTO OF A PILOT WITH A VERY NEAT AND TRIMMED BEARD LIKE U DID LAST TIME !

Regards

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

relax ur mind n have a drink:cheers:

Dear Blain,

No Airforce in the world allows mullah beards (pardon my choice of words) BTW check Turkish Airforce rules. This Airforceman wants to look like that very talented pakistani cricketer (opening batsman) whose name I forget. BTW sikhs must put gel or fixo on their beard and then paste it to their cheek with a thin stocking, will muslims accept that ? Even PAF does not allow mullah type beards so why blame the RAF or IAF.

Regards

I think you are stretching the point "no Airforce in the world". All over the Middle East, you will see airmen sporting long beards. Its just a matter of what is acceptable to them. The point is to keep the turnout tidy. This is doable. I think it is unreasonable for anyone to ask for a foot long beard in any non-Muslim Armed Force. However in Pakistan, we definitely allow long beards. However if it gets in the way of practicality and performance then it is checked.

I think you are stretching the point "no Airforce in the world". All over the Middle East, you will see airmen sporting long beards. Its just a matter of what is acceptable to them. The point is to keep the turnout tidy. This is doable. I think it is unreasonable for anyone to ask for a foot long beard in any non-Muslim Armed Force. However in Pakistan, we definitely allow long beards. However if it gets in the way of practicality and performance then it is checked.

Dear Blain,

i am not stretching any point including the beard. That Indian guy did not want to trim his beard and got sacked and we all know why !

If the Zarars did not mind shaving their beards for a longer endurance after they left the Maiale (another hint BTW they were commanded to) then I think all armed forces can decide what is best for them.

Regards

Ps : Livorno strike a chord in your memory?

Back
Top Bottom