What's new

I was, am, will remain Afghan: Asfand

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SWABI - Central President of Awami National Party (ANP) Asfandyar Wali Khan said that Pakistan’s foreign and domestic policies have failed to deliver according to country’s requirements and there is an urgent need to formulate result-oriented policies.

Asfandyar said, “My origin is Afghan.
I was Afghan, I am still an Afghan and I will remain Afghan in future as well.”

The ANP leader warned that peace in Pakistan is linked with restoration of peace and tranquillity in Afghanistan.

“If there is disturbance in Afghanistan, Pakistan would also not remain safe.
Peace and progress of the two countries is linked with each other.
If anyone has any doubt, he should read the history,” he said.

He was addressing a public meeting and condolence reference to mourn the killing of MPA Muhammad Shoaib Khan here on Sunday.

Shoaib, a revered ANP’s leader was known in the region as ‘Malang Baba,’ was killed by unidentified attackers inside his hujra (common guest house) on July 18.

All the party central and provincial leadership was present on the occasion.

The ANP president demanded that Afghan refugees should not be mistreated by Pakistani authorities.

It is a big surprise that yesterday they were ‘Mujahideen’ but today they are being pushed back to Afghanistan.

They should be repatriated with dignity and honour, he demanded.
He criticized the tactics adopted by the interiority ministry regarding the Afghan refugees.
He also lamented the closure of Durand Line at Chaman and Torkhum.

The National Action Plan, he said has failed to deliver and the federal government was responsible for its failure.
The leadership of the political parties has accepted the military courts to eradicate the menace of terrorism from the country, he said.

The ANP leader urged the centre to start work on the population census immediately, saying that lame excuses were adopted for the postponement of census, alleging that the federal government’s main objective is to maintain the domination of Punjab province over other federating units.

“In fact, there is no real justification to delay the census anymore,” he said.

About Federal Administrated Tribal Areas (FATA) he said that parliamentarians of the tribal belt had already moved a resolution for amendment in the constitution and that should be incorporated in the country’s statute book.

Secondly, he demanded that representation should be given to them in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly.

Asfandyar talked about ‘Non-Violence Philosophy’ of Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan, saying that they stick with the same philosophy and bearing the burden of killing of ANP’s peaceful leaders and workers was crystal proof of their resolve.

“The number of our workers and leaders killed in the militant attacks has reached an alarming proportion,” he said.
The killing or targeting of a single more leader or worker of the party would not be tolerated by the ANP leadership.

Asfandyar continued that it is first and foremost responsibility of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government to provide security to ANP leaders who are on hit list of the militants.

It’s a well-organised conspiracy against the red shirt leaders/workers who rendered many sacrifices.
The party workers follow the non-violence philosophy of Bacha Khan and their patience and resolve against terrorism could not be shattered through such coward acts, he said.

He said that the attacks and targeting of the party leaders started before 2013 general election and did not stop during the last four years.

Source : UrduWire

he's proud Afghan and he's afghan and will remain afghan !! i think he's confusing afghan with ethnicity and Afghan can be anyone from Afghanistan i.e tajik,farsibans,uzbeks + Afghan pakhtuns but the question is why don't he go back to afghanistan and start politics there ?? get an afghanistan nationality and there you can remain proud afghan forever...ANP is on suicidal mode, forget winning the upcoming election you will not win any election in next 20 years....

Pakistan should revoke his citizenship plus add Mehmood Achakzai in the list...

Last edited:
Then might as well go there and live there.

The ANP president demanded that Afghan refugees should not be mistreated by Pakistani authorities.
And let them abuse Pakistan, its economy and people.

Then might as well go there and live there.

And let them abuse Pakistan, its economy and people.
i'm sure he's worried about the illegal aliens getting caught with Fake CNIC's and those who are leaving Pakistan or forced to go back bcz a lot of illegals support ANP and their leader Asfand...

Easy Load walon ka karabor Khatry ma ha :P

Okay Mr. Afghan there is a country named Afghanistan go there and prove how much Afghan you are why would Pakistanis be interested in your Afghan Afghan statements in Pakistan? You sound like an idiot who knows he is misfit in a society but still is reluctant to leave it because he cannot live without luxuries that society affords him.

Abay o baba Afghan ub inhay noto kay har pehna kay wapis bhaijy kya? They came homeless poor and are returning in good health what more can we do?

ANP is another MQM ............... same treatment should be afforded to them.

all the machars are buzzing because of CPEC. They are taking money from foreign agencies to make Pakistan a weak state. They have looted Pakistan for last 60+ years. They and their parties will be all gone soon...

I was Afghan, I am still an Afghan and I will remain Afghan in future as well.

Mr. Asfandyar let me tell you something Traitors of the motherland will always perish. History is full of such examples.

What's Happening with MQM, it can happen with you too.

Pakistan is

P = Punjab
A = Afghania
K = Kashmir
S = Sindh
TAN = Balochistan

So Afghan was always there even in the name of Pakistan. The area he belong to is called as such. There are more Afghans in Pakistan than Afghanistan itself... lol

But if he truly meant to say he is Afghan of Afghanistan then better he live in Afghanistan

Pakistan is

P = Punjab
A = Afghania
K = Kashmir
S = Sindh
TAN = Balochistan

So Afghan was always there even in the name of Pakistan. The area he belong to is called as such. There are more Afghans in Pakistan than Afghanistan itself... lol

But if he truly meant to say he is Afghan of Afghanistan then better he live in Afghanistan

Very nice elucidation of word Pakistan, I was wondering what 'I' in Pak'i'stan stands for, and how come TAN==Balochistan. Regards.

Then why doesn't he fucking goes and lives in that hell

SWABI - Central President of Awami National Party (ANP) Asfandyar Wali Khan said that Pakistan’s foreign and domestic policies have failed to deliver according to country’s requirements and there is an urgent need to formulate result-oriented policies.

The ANP leader warned that peace in Pakistan is linked with restoration of peace and tranquillity in Afghanistan.

“If there is disturbance in Afghanistan, Pakistan would also not remain safe.
Peace and progress of the two countries is linked with each other.
If anyone has any doubt, he should read the history,” he said.

He was addressing a public meeting and condolence reference to mourn the killing of MPA Muhammad Shoaib Khan here on Sunday.

Shoaib, a revered ANP’s leader was known in the region as ‘Malang Baba,’ was killed by unidentified attackers inside his hujra (common guest house) on July 18.

All the party central and provincial leadership was present on the occasion.

It is a big surprise that yesterday they were ‘Mujahideen’ but today they are being pushed back to Afghanistan.

He criticized the tactics adopted by the interiority ministry regarding the Afghan refugees.
He also lamented the closure of Durand Line at Chaman and Torkhum.

The National Action Plan, he said has failed to deliver and the federal government was responsible for its failure.
The leadership of the political parties has accepted the military courts to eradicate the menace of terrorism from the country, he said.

The ANP leader urged the centre to start work on the population census immediately, saying that lame excuses were adopted for the postponement of census, alleging that the federal government’s main objective is to maintain the domination of Punjab province over other federating units.

“In fact, there is no real justification to delay the census anymore,” he said.

About Federal Administrated Tribal Areas (FATA) he said that parliamentarians of the tribal belt had already moved a resolution for amendment in the constitution and that should be incorporated in the country’s statute book.

Secondly, he demanded that representation should be given to them in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly.

Asfandyar talked about ‘Non-Violence Philosophy’ of Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan, saying that they stick with the same philosophy and bearing the burden of killing of ANP’s peaceful leaders and workers was crystal proof of their resolve.

“The number of our workers and leaders killed in the militant attacks has reached an alarming proportion,” he said.
The killing or targeting of a single more leader or worker of the party would not be tolerated by the ANP leadership.

Asfandyar continued that it is first and foremost responsibility of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government to provide security to ANP leaders who are on hit list of the militants.

It’s a well-organised conspiracy against the red shirt leaders/workers who rendered many sacrifices.
The party workers follow the non-violence philosophy of Bacha Khan and their patience and resolve against terrorism could not be shattered through such coward acts, he said.

He said that the attacks and targeting of the party leaders started before 2013 general election and did not stop during the last four years.

Source : UrduWire

he's proud Afghan and he's afghan and will remain afghan !! i think he's confusing afghan with ethnicity and Afghan can be anyone from Afghanistan i.e tajik,farsibans,uzbeks + Afghan pakhtuns but the question is why don't he go back to afghanistan and start politics there ?? get an afghanistan nationality and there you can remain proud afghan forever...ANP is on suicidal mode, forget winning the upcoming election you will not win any election in next 20 years....

Pakistan should revoke his citizenship plus add Mehmood Achakzai in the list...

Very nice elucidation of word Pakistan, I was wondering what 'I' in Pak'i'stan stands for, and how come TAN==Balochistan. Regards.

The name was envisaged in Urdu. There is no "I" in Pakistan when spelled in Urdu, it got introduced when they translated it phonetically into English. In Urdu it is پ (pe for P), then ا (alif for A), then ك (kaaf for K), س (seen for S) and then تان at the end for 'tan' completing پاکستان or Pakistan.

Guess the reason for denoting Balochistan with 'tan' was to also keep the name meaningful and not just a mashup of letters. Anyway, the explanation of the name as @Aether gave is indeed how the people who suggested the name came up with it. One of them had an interview about it in one of the documentaries on Jinnah.

Pakistan is

P = Punjab
A = Afghania
K = Kashmir
S = Sindh
TAN = Balochistan

Pakistan has to lose all these names, just become one united country.
All these provinces name don't make any sense anymore....
Pakistan should have 30 to 40 smaller provinces with City and District government getting most of the responsibilities.
All these corrupt parties will not be able to steal a single rupee if the power is decentralized to City and District level.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom