What's new

“I have a blood relation with Pakistanis, they killed my father”

Oh so its experience talking :P No i think there is hope but like i said we should have realistic hope unlike what we see in the form of google ads and such melodramatic campaigns. Black Americans were a target of racism for decades and they still are in a lot of ways but White people have come to terms with a fact that they can't vanish them and no matter how much they hate them for their skin tone or for any reason trivial or otherwise they would have to get along with them. Now you see that realisation is embeded in their behaviour. We just have to understand that we would stay neighbours no matter what we think of each other and its better not to believe the same politicians on this issue whom we curse day and night and don't trust with our respective domestic issues.

There is always more ground for hope as the situations gets worse at least in my sight because thats when you need it the most.

Indians are emotional fool :D

I hope you are right though

Indians are emotional fool :D

I hope you are right though

People of this region are very emotional no doubt you're right :lol: It can be a good thing but too much of it is harmful as everyone can see for themselves.

I have studied with Indians overseas at Uniprep and University level. Trust me, there always is an underlying sense of animosity between us on many occasions. Again, thats just my own experience and it could be wrong. I have had good and bad experiences with Indians, but mostly mixed. Pakistanis mostly get along well with Sikhs .

Shared culture? As a South Indian I have nothing in common with you guys.

Might explain the Sikh thing

People of this region are very emotional no doubt you're right :lol: It can be a good thing but too much of it is harmful as everyone can see for themselves.

Thank you for your kind words though :-)

We are emotional people i mean people of this region but you don't see them slitting each others throats when they are abroad mostly they come together. Like i said i have realistic hopes i wish it doesn't come down to a time when people of both these countries have only suffered for the benefits of others and then they are reduced to nothing with no choice but to get along i hope it happens much much earlier. They just have to accept each others existence and tolerate each other and nothing more.
When my dad came to england in the mid sixties he shared a house with four sikh and two pakistanis they got along fine.My dad would tell me that the indians would not cook pork and pakistanis would not cook beef but they all drank alot of alcohol even they its forbidden in both religons

When my dad came to england in the mid sixties he shared a house with four sikh and two pakistanis they got along fine.My dad would tell me that the indians would not cook pork and pakistanis would not cook beef but they all drank alot of alcohol even they its forbidden in both religons

lolz thats funny as well but no it takes maturity and a calm head on one's shoulders. My hopes extend to the point that i know India and Pakistan would stay neighbours no matter what they do and even if they hate each other both can start with accepting the reality that it won't change anything thats why tolerance is such a great virtue :p:

Shared culture? As a South Indian I have nothing in common with you guys.

Might explain the Sikh thing

On a lighter note - I do enjoy dosas. There was this little place in Melbourne during summer school days that i used to visit regularly to eat Dosas and channas. :D

On a lighter note - I do enjoy dosas. There was this little place in Melbourne during summer school days that i used to visit regularly to eat Dosas and channas. :D

When I first met my Pakistani friend in New Zealand, he tried to speak in Urdu. I told him I can't understand Hindi. He was further shocked there were a group of people who couldn't understand Hindi.

That's O.K. Though, Southies tend to be a bit dispassionate when it comes to pakistan

lolz thats funny as well but no it takes maturity and a calm head on one's shoulders. My hopes extend to the point that i know India and Pakistan would stay neighbours no matter what they do and even if they hate each other both can start with accepting the reality that it won't change anything thats why tolerance is such a great virtue :p:

You sound reasonable.

Mods!! Ban this person immediately :D

Though, Southies tend to be a bit dispassionate when it comes to pakistan

That doesn't necessarily mean that they are more inclined to friendship. On the contrary, while North Indians are more likely to harbour hate, they are also the ones more likely to want stuff like "aman ki asha". South Indians have only one prism of seeing Pakistan, that of being an enemy of the Indian state. Indifference towards ideas of shared culture, dislike & cold blooded realism is what one can expect most S.Indians to display towards Pakistan.

for starters we can leave each other alone, once we can do that for lets say 100 years then we can talk about visit visa or trade, but for now lets not even talk, dont even look at each other heck dont even mention each others name in public...maybe then in 100 years we can come sit on a table.

for starters we can leave each other alone, once we can do that for lets say 100 years then we can talk about visit visa or trade, but for now lets not even talk, dont even look at each other heck dont even mention each others name in public...maybe then in 100 years we can come sit on a table.

Preferable any day over mindless war-mongering.

Sounds like a very good idea .

i second that....as a common man...i got my own troubles,everybody has...i dont thnk gud indo-pak relation will have any effect on me or general public..lets just leave each other alone...sab apne kam se matlab rakhte chalo..no need to interfere in others matters...i believe tht will be d right way.

Back
Top Bottom