What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

minor factoid: A8 is not related to Phaeton.
Audi has aluminium space frame, Phaeton has a steel chassis (similar to bentley continental)

quoted for truth :tup:

the older A8s from early 2000s kinda look like they are built on similar chassis (even the rims are similar); but not sure about build

Phaeton having similar chassis to a Bentley wouldnt surprise me, considering that VW A.G. OWNS Bentley (as well as stakes in Lamborghini, Bugatti and some other big-name elitist brands)

@ Cheng-du --- In principle i agree with you. I'm a very old-fashioned person, i've only driven 5 (or 6 speed) manual cars. I like the thought of a clutch and shifting a gear -- puts me in full control

in all honesty however, shifts are a lot quicker on those SMG boxes....and that includes down-shifting. I dont speak from experience though. But I have driven Toyota Supras Turbos with auto tranny and Lexus SC coupes (with Supra 2JZ TT swaps) and they will get better trap times at the track with the auto gearboxes......as strange as it sounds, it's just true.

i'm a numbers guy, but even im willing to sacrifice a few milliseconds off my time in order to be able to shift gears manually.....

^true, the dilemma is always there in regards to transmission choices. gladly, VW's dual clutch gearbox is amazing. whenever i'm too lazy to drive my old girl (215K + miles) , I take the new DSG one, and damn that thing shifts. respect to german engineering :tup:

Cheng-du -- isnt your Vette auto?

^true, the dilemma is always there in regards to transmission choices. gladly, VW's dual clutch gearbox is amazing. whenever i'm too lazy to drive my old girl (215K + miles) , I take the new DSG one, and damn that thing shifts. respect to german engineering :tup:

what car or cars u have

if i were u, i'd sell one of them and get a diesel

but then again ur in Cali and i know how strict they are about polluters

if i were u, i'd sell one of them and get a diesel

but then again ur in Cali and i know how strict they are about polluters

VW didn't offer TDI Passats here in Cali. Only now the american made passat are TDI, but I don't consider those cars Passats; they are not made in germany and have no technical similarity to the real (euro) Passat

Cheng-du -- isnt your Vette auto?

Nope, 6 speed manual with the Z-51 package.

The autos/SMGs may return better trap times, but sticks are more engaging to drive on the road.

good stuff....it's a good package it seems. better brakes, stiffer suspension etc.

i'd get in a lot of trouble and be spending lots of time in court rooms if i had that thing here....i was pulled over and given warning the other day because copper claimed my HIDs were too bright...

speed cameras all over the place now as well....only real place to top out around here is by going to rural maryland or roads of west virginia

good stuff....it's a good package it seems. better brakes, stiffer suspension etc.

i'd get in a lot of trouble and be spending lots of time in court rooms if i had that thing here....i was pulled over and given warning the other day because copper claimed my HIDs were too bright...

speed cameras all over the place now as well....only real place to top out around here is by going to rural maryland or roads of west virginia

Hehehe, I hear you.

Somewhere in Montana:

IMG_0628 by vcheng552000, on Flickr

(notice anything in this picture? ;) )

m67s.jpg

m66oy.jpg

m65tq.jpg

rawr

M6 isn't mine, the impala is mine.

Back
Top Bottom