What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

No, for 1000 miles in a day on the interstate, day after day, the LS430 is the best. That is why I bought it.

(I have others cars too.)

just teasing you VC, to each his own.
I'm in the german camp, when it comes to automobiles :D

just teasing you VC, to each his own.
I'm in the german camp, when it comes to automobiles :D

Of course I realize that. :D

German cars are for leasing only, or for owning only as long as the warranty lasts. Otherwise they drive well, mostly. I drove a 911 and a Corvette back to back, and chose the Vette, money no object. Call me dumb I guess. :P

Of course I realize that. :D

German cars are for leasing only, or for owning only as long as the warranty lasts. Otherwise they drive well, mostly. I drove a 911 and a Corvette back to back, and chose the Vette, money no object. Call me dumb I guess. :P

you chose a tractor over a Porsche? major facepalm

Like I said, call me dumb! :P

(Actually, there are good reasons; have you driven both cars yourself?)

no, I'm more of a sedan guy. I'd rather spend money on an A8 (or a Phaeton), instead of a Porsche.
haven't test driven any of them, since I don't make enough to buy one.

no, I'm more of a sedan guy. I'd rather spend money on an A8 (or a Phaeton), instead of a Porsche.
haven't test driven any of them, since I don't make enough to buy one.

I have kept a Phaeton, and driven many many others too. (Cars are my other hobby.)

what's your take on the Phaeton???

Very nice car. I had the LWB 4.2: tank like solidity in all types of weather (even better than its stablemate A8), and palatial rear seating space. Heavy fuel consumption, but worth every drop.

Very nice car. I had the LWB 4.2: tank like solidity in all types of weather (even better than its stablemate A8), and palatial rear seating space. Heavy fuel consumption, but worth every drop.

another question. would you pick up a brand new VW CC (2.0T) or a used Audi A6 (3.2 V6)?
They fall under the same price range in the above scenario.

when it comes to smooth, you cant go wrong with a Lexus....but in terms of design, they are a bit on the bland side. They also just steal cues from German automakers - so they arent original in their designs.

the new IS-F is a very aggressive and good looking sports sedan; i'd love to have one.

i think its a matter of taste. If you gave me 85 grand cash in hand, i wouldnt line up to get a LS460 or any Lexus....i'd spend $60,000 to get a used BMW M5 (the newer V-10 ones) and use the remaining 25g to get a Dinan Stage-II chip, exhaust and some drag street radial tires.

you remove the speed limiter and you have a 200 mph car that'll run the quarter mile in under 12 seconds; and when you drive it civilized -- it's smooth and quiet and can fit some passengers and groceries .

again -- all personal opinion. I still think the LS posted is a nice car and i'd certainly use it as a cruiser if i had one.

minor factoid: A8 is not related to Phaeton.
Audi has aluminium space frame, Phaeton has a steel chassis (similar to bentley continental)

when it comes to smooth, you cant go wrong with a Lexus....but in terms of design, they are a bit on the bland side. They also just steal cues from German automakers - so they arent original in their designs.

the new IS-F is a very aggressive and good looking sports sedan; i'd love to have one.

i think its a matter of taste. If you gave me 85 grand cash in hand, i wouldnt line up to get a LS460 or any Lexus....i'd spend $60,000 to get a used BMW M5 (the newer V-10 ones) and use the remaining 25g to get a Dinan Stage-II chip, exhaust and some drag street radial tires.

you remove the speed limiter and you have a 200 mph car that'll run the quarter mile in under 12 seconds; and when you drive it civilized -- it's smooth and quiet and can fit some passengers and groceries .

again -- all personal opinion. I still think the LS posted is a nice car and i'd certainly use it as a cruiser if i had one.

quoted for truth :tup:

I have kept a Phaeton, and driven many many others too. (Cars are my other hobby.)

buddy of mine in Istanbul had one....the V-6 version, not the W-12

ive never been a VW fan, but that was a nice car.....the interior quality was excellent; my favourite part was the sound system

and anyone who knows me knows that when it comes to car audio, im a freak.

pretty quick car too, for its size.....

another question. would you pick up a brand new VW CC (2.0T) or a used Audi A6 (3.2 V6)?
They fall under the same price range in the above scenario.

The new CC 2.0T, unless the A6 was Audi-certified with an extended warranty.

i think its a matter of taste. If you gave me 85 grand cash in hand, i wouldnt line up to get a LS460 or any Lexus....i'd spend $60,000 to get a used BMW M5 (the newer V-10 ones) and use the remaining 25g to get a Dinan Stage-II chip, exhaust and some drag street radial tires....................

The IS-F needs a stick shift to make it a proper car; the slushbox lets it down.

The modded M5 is a good idea, but not with the SMG 'box which is just plain horrible, and only if you can budget for the breathtaking cost of repairs out of warranty. The Dame Edna looks don't work for me personally for the V-10 model.

The new one appeals to me much more.

buddy of mine in Istanbul had one....the V-6 version, not the W-12

ive never been a VW fan, but that was a nice car.....the interior quality was excellent; my favourite part was the sound system

and anyone who knows me knows that when it comes to car audio, im a freak.

pretty quick car too, for its size.....
that (Phaeton) is the ultimate sedan for a VW fan like yours truly :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom