What's new

I am not Malala: Teachers release novel against Nobel Peace winner

Yup, we can see today the heights of women education level in pakistan and there was no Malala, it could have touched greater heights. :D
And I know very well about system of both countries. Think about yourself before lecturing me.
Malala should come to India. At least we have manners to respect leaders unlike you.
You guys are campaigning against your that daughter who tolerated all hardships for your country. Shame on you guys.
I asked for 10 girls who benefited from the fund...You cant mention one...I rest my case!

nor an author by definition!

This is what bravery looks like:

Iqbal Masih (Punjabi, Urdu: اقبال مسیح; b. 1983, d. 16 April 1995) was a Pakistani child who became a symbol of abusive child labor in the developing world.

At the age of 10, Iqbal escaped his slavery, after learning that bonded labor was declared illegal by the Supreme Court of Pakistan. But he was caught by police and brought back to Arshad and told him to tie him upside down if he tried to escape again. Soon after, the police were bribed and Iqbal was tied upside down anyway. Iqbal escaped a second time and later joined the Bonded Labour Liberation Front (BLLF) of Pakistan to help stop child labor around the world. Iqbal helped over 3,000 Pakistani children that were in bonded labor to escape to freedom and, he made speeches about child labour throughout the world. Iqbal decided to receive an education during this period, and completed four years of schooling within two years.

Iqbal was fatally shot in Muridke on April 16, 1995, shortly after returning from a trip to America. He was 12 at the time. Some say that he was shot by a farmer, some say that he was murdered because of his influence over bonded labor. His funeral was attended by approximately 800 mourners. There is a book called The Little Hero that shares a story of his legacy.

Iqbal's cause inspired the creation of organizations such as Free The Children, a Canada-based charity and youth movement, and the Iqbal Masih Shaheed Children Foundation, which has started over 20 schools in Pakistan. In January 2009, the United States Congress established the annual Iqbal Masih Award for the Elimination of Child Labor.

In 1994, Iqbal visited Broad Meadows Middle School in Quincy, Massachusetts, and spoke to 7th graders about his life. When the students learned of his death, they decided to raise money and build a school in his honor in Pakistan.

Iqbal's story was told in a book entitled Iqbal by Francesco D'Adamo, a fictional story based on true events, from the point of view of a girl named Fatima.

The 2014 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Kailash Satyarthi on grounds of prevention of child labour and female education. Satyarthi mentioned Masih in his Nobel Peace Prize award speech, dedicating it to him and other "martyrs".

Yeah that has been pretty much the case especially when you check the eloquence of the language. Basically it was some BBC correspondent who wrote the book and he did whatever he was assigned to. Nobel Peace Price is their tool which they use to honour whoever fits their objective and even many people in Europe get confused about it.
thats true for majority of celebrity authors. They have final say in editing process, but they dont sit down and write the whole book.

I asked for 10 girls who benefited from the fund...You cant mention one...I rest my case!

:) Repo
thats true for majority of celebrity authors. They have final say in editing process, but they dont sit down and write the whole book.
Yeah but she was neither a celebrity or famous at that time...so a BBC correspondent doing the work for her was quite fishy and now actually we know that what was the objective and we say "ends justify the means"

A book released by All Private schools of Pakistan?. These private schools have destroyed the quality of education in Pakistan, has made it a profitable business.

This is what bravery looks like:

Iqbal Masih (Punjabi, Urdu: اقبال مسیح; b. 1983, d. 16 April 1995) was a Pakistani child who became a symbol of abusive child labor in the developing world.

At the age of 10, Iqbal escaped his slavery, after learning that bonded labor was declared illegal by the Supreme Court of Pakistan. But he was caught by police and brought back to Arshad and told him to tie him upside down if he tried to escape again. Soon after, the police were bribed and Iqbal was tied upside down anyway. Iqbal escaped a second time and later joined the Bonded Labour Liberation Front (BLLF) of Pakistan to help stop child labor around the world. Iqbal helped over 3,000 Pakistani children that were in bonded labor to escape to freedom and, he made speeches about child labour throughout the world. Iqbal decided to receive an education during this period, and completed four years of schooling within two years.

Iqbal was fatally shot in Muridke on April 16, 1995, shortly after returning from a trip to America. He was 12 at the time. Some say that he was shot by a farmer, some say that he was murdered because of his influence over bonded labor. His funeral was attended by approximately 800 mourners. There is a book called The Little Hero that shares a story of his legacy.

Iqbal's cause inspired the creation of organizations such as Free The Children, a Canada-based charity and youth movement, and the Iqbal Masih Shaheed Children Foundation, which has started over 20 schools in Pakistan. In January 2009, the United States Congress established the annual Iqbal Masih Award for the Elimination of Child Labor.

In 1994, Iqbal visited Broad Meadows Middle School in Quincy, Massachusetts, and spoke to 7th graders about his life. When the students learned of his death, they decided to raise money and build a school in his honor in Pakistan.

Iqbal's story was told in a book entitled Iqbal by Francesco D'Adamo, a fictional story based on true events, from the point of view of a girl named Fatima.

The 2014 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Kailash Satyarthi on grounds of prevention of child labour and female education. Satyarthi mentioned Masih in his Nobel Peace Prize award speech, dedicating it to him and other "martyrs".
what happened to here was horrific but she's alright now and living in the uk studying. now she is just capitalising on her past to make her future better.
many other people are not so lucky to survive or they are not lucky enough to get global attention.

That happens most of the cases if not 100 %

Everyone is not typist.
when celebrities release biographies which they "wrote" is wrong. they cant even spell there own name let alone write a 200+ page book

:) Repo

Yeah but she was neither a celebrity or famous at that time...so a BBC correspondent doing the work for her was quite fishy and now actually we know that what was the objective and we say "ends justify the means"
check the wiki for timeline. She was getting famous.

1. 2009 she wrote blog for bbc(probably ghostwritten too)
2. 2010 NYT does documentary about her life
3. 2011 nominated for intenational children peace prize
4. 2012 malala was shot
5. 2013 I am malala book published(she is coauthor, other author is christina lamb who probably wrote it with malala's input)

Ugly skull? .......why so much hatred?, take a chill pill

Coz somehow she's a CIA,MI6,Mosaad,Raw yahudi agent...

Great job....much appreciated.

She and her father are just sell outs. All that episode is based on bunch of lies. I really don't know how come a teenager , shot at a point blank range in the head and bullet travels through her ugly skull, can survive? I mean that is no less than a miracle. Then the Nobel Peace Price is just a political drama, it was given to Obama, 6 months in oval office, for doing nothing and actually he was quite surprised himself. If anyone deserved the best peace recognition in Pakistan, it is Abdul Sattar Edhi. But why would the european/western losers will appreciate and honour him, a legitimate social worker, because he sports beard and very typical Islamic personality and their mission is to discredit and defame Islam by supporting and broadcasting ISIS

Sure -- army and GOP were also involved in this drama..

Wanna test the theory ? How about your present your beautiful skull for it!

when celebrities release biographies which they "wrote" is wrong. they cant even spell there own name let alone write a 200+ page book
Forget about celebs (most are even not graduates) even , I can't type such long a long paragraph.
For a book I need thousand year to complete.

PS I use computers when I am 5 & due to financial background I have dictate many letters everyday (thanks to my assistants aka real authors :lol:)

Coz somehow she's a CIA,MI6,Mosaad,Raw yahudi agent...

Sure -- army and GOP were also involved in this drama..

Wanna test the theory ? How about your present your beautiful skull for it!
You are getting personal so ignored.

Forget about celebs (most are even not graduates) even , I can't type such long a long paragraph.
For a book I need thousand year to complete.

PS I use computers when I am 5 & due to financial background I have dictate many letters everyday (thanks to my assistants aka real authors :lol:)
hehehe.....

i use dragonpad that types for me :enjoy:

Many Pakistanis in their ignorance assume that Malala became famous for taking a bulllet in the head. The fact is, she was a known figure in the Pashtun nationalistic circles for her BBC diary during 2008-09 occupation of Swat by Taliban and for her courageous talk in front of group of Taliban while speaking with Hamid Mir. She was appearing in seminars about girls educations and talked about Taliban's approach to it, due to which she and her father were receiving threatening letters from Swati Taliban before assassination attempt was made.

Sad to see that a heavy Pashtun name like Malala , connected with a Pashtun historical heroin of Afghanistan, is getting badnaam due to Pakistan-gardi. Malala's father, is an ANPite, follower of Bacha Khan and definitely has an anti-Taliban agenda . He was the one who wrote diary for her daughter and risked the life of his daughter by putting her on track not suitable for her age. He has ruined her daughter's future. Now due to his foolishness, his daughter is hated for very stupid reasons in Pakistan by Zahid Hamidi fanatics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom