What's new

I am learning Urdu!

Dunno... I read that both languages had Sanskrit roots, but Urdu also had persian/arabic roots (the connection there was inevitable).

I don't think either derived from each other, but are definitely related... some Indian told me that Urdu was a bit like classical hindi

Read my earlier posts...

Hey, did you know that Queen Victoria knew Urdu...she learned it from her Indian servant, Abdul Kaleem.

Here is one of her diary entries written in Urdu:
victoria.jpg

Dude... the reason being has a lot to do with history itself and nothing to do with arabs and sheesha...

When a group is powerful, everyone wants to imitate.

Was not persian and arabic learnt by the elite of west India when Islamic empire was at its peak?

If Russia won the war, we'd all be speaking russian. Nothing great about it.

Furthermore, when Islam spread, the arab traders absorbed themselves in society, rather than imposing their culture on others. Arab traders married Indian (now Pakistani) women, they adopted what was not conflicting with religion, they adopted clothes, etc...

When the british came to India, it was very different.

Hope this answers your question...

PS. Arabs aren't allowed to go to bars in dubai, nor in UAE. Anyone who wants to go in must prove he's not a Muslim and get an alcohol permit.

PS. Arabs aren't allowed to go to bars in dubai, nor in UAE. Anyone who wants to go in must prove he's not a Muslim and get an alcohol permit.

Are you sure?
What if I tell you that I went to the bar in Dubai when I was 14??
Do you think it is impossible?

Are you sure?

Of course, I'd believe you... they only established their laws, etc. recently. Only desert 30 years ago.

Yeah its a very sad fact... many expats do this, including myself...

I am Urdu Speaker & i can speak little bit Sindhi too.
Tunjho naalo chaa aahay? (Tumhara naam kya hai?)
Asaanjo watan Pakistan aahay(hamara watan Pakistan hai):D:D

Are you sure?

Going to a bar and drinking at one is totally different.

In the States, when you order a drink and they suspect that you are underage, they ask you for I.D.

You can go into a bar, but can't buy anything.

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone here knew of a good website from where I could learn Urdu? I speak English (born in Canada) and Bengali (Bangladeshi parents). I also learn Arabic at a local high school on Tuesday nights. Urdu is also offered there along with may other languages, but they all take place at the same time unfortunately, just in different rooms. I chose to learn Arabic there instead of Urdu because I know I would need more help learning Arabic than I would learning Urdu. I learned some Urdu not too long ago and it wasn't to hard since Urdu and Bengali have quite a bit of similarities, but I would like to build up on it to increase my linguistic skills. Thanks for any help in advance!

Whattt??? Urdu and bengali have similarities!!!???? Lolzz u made a new country after things and now u talk abt similarities.
Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone here knew of a good website from where I could learn Urdu? I speak English (born in Canada) and Bengali (Bangladeshi parents). I also learn Arabic at a local high school on Tuesday nights. Urdu is also offered there along with may other languages, but they all take place at the same time unfortunately, just in different rooms. I chose to learn Arabic there instead of Urdu because I know I would need more help learning Arabic than I would learning Urdu. I learned some Urdu not too long ago and it wasn't to hard since Urdu and Bengali have quite a bit of similarities, but I would like to build up on it to increase my linguistic skills. Thanks for any help in advance!

I am Urdu Speaker & i can speak little bit Sindhi too.
Tunjho naalo chaa aahay? (Tumhara naam kya hai?)
Asaanjo watan Pakistan aahay(hamara watan Pakistan hai):D:D
Wow this is so diff from urdu

Back
Top Bottom