What's new

I am a Pakistani Indian……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid article :tdown:

Most Pakistanis want nothing to do with Indians
We went Seperate ways right after Mughal Empire ended.
British empire never really controlled Muslim areas

Thorough Pro is hilarious.

LOL

No I'm not a desi either because even with respect to that term we've got different stratifications ! A Punjabi from Indian Punjab & the adjoining areas or a Kashmiri from up North & I might have the same cultural past & to a certain extent heritage & so we're easy talking to each other but most of the cultural or linguistic identities of someone from South, Central or even Eastern India & Bangladesh are almost alien to me ! This is even more so for the Baluch & the Pukhtoons who share next to nothing with even North Indians let alone the Southerners !

And this is not out of some misplaced sense of jingoism, I just don't feel a connection here & I've met Bangladeshis & 2-3 Tamil Muslims ! Heck I don't feel a cultural or linguistic connection with some of those Pakistanis who's grandparent's immigrated from somewhere in India - Despite us speaking a common language !

And so I'd stick to calling myself a Kashmiri of Pakistan who born & bred in Punjab & who shares cultural & perhaps linguistic affinity with the Kashmiris & the Punjabis of India but thats it & I don't want to prescribe to that blanket term of being a 'desi' or an 'Indian in the cultural sense' because I don't think it can be used in such a sense !
Akhir kashmiriyat bahar aa hi gayi.:P
And u call me your brother, I am a north indian...:P

No I'm not a desi either because even with respect to that term we've got different stratifications ! A Punjabi from Indian Punjab & the adjoining areas or a Kashmiri from up North & I might have the same cultural past & to a certain extent heritage & so we're easy talking to each other but most of the cultural or linguistic identities of someone from South, Central or even Eastern India & Bangladesh are almost alien to me ! This is even more so for the Baluch & the Pukhtoons who share next to nothing with even North Indians let alone the Southerners !
And this is not out of some misplaced sense of jingoism, I just don't feel a connection here & I've met Bangladeshis & 2-3 Tamil Muslims ! Heck I don't feel a cultural or linguistic connection with some of those Pakistanis who's grandparent's immigrated from somewhere in India - Despite us speaking a common language !

And so I'd stick to calling myself a Kashmiri of Pakistan who born & bred in Punjab & who shares cultural & perhaps linguistic affinity with the Kashmiris & the Punjabis of India but thats it & I don't want to prescribe to that blanket term of being a 'desi' or an 'Indian in the cultural sense' because I don't think it can be used in such a sense !

Well I know that, which is why I specifically narrowed it down to the regions comprising "the eastern half of Pakistan, and west-central India". That is still a large area, and hundreds of millions of people live there. That region has cultural similarities, and a shared past.

Also, notice the fact that you would admit a similarity with even these regions only very grudgingly. However, the south Indians and North Indians and east Indians all happily call themselves Indians, and have no problem being associated with each other. I think that is very telling. Indians are taught since childhood to think of themselves as Indians, and they do. Pakistanis are taught to think of themselves as distinct from Indians, and they do.

That tells me that all this talk of "sense of identity" or "shared heritage" or "cultural connection" is post-hoc rationalization of one's feelings. These are reasons we invent to justify our affinity (or lack of it) with others. That feeling of affinity is taught by society. Any average tamilian or malayali or Bengali will consider himself Indian, despite not having any cultural or linguistic ties with Punjabis or marathis or gujaratis. They would all think that they are one people, because lessons of "unity in diversity", "being Indian first" etc are taught in schools at a young age. I think it is a conscious choice we make, whom to feel affinity with and whom not to. There doesn't seem to be any other explanation why a tamilian would happily call himself and a Punjabi as "Indian", but a Pakistani Punjabi wouldn't (even if it wasn't about India the country).

Despite what many right wingers and people who peddle identity politics think, we first choose whom we want to be associated with, and THEN rationalize it with cultural or historic ties.

read interesting claims, islam being a sect of shaivite hinduism, allah is hindu lord shiva(moon god) and such. I wonder, if this is true, then the bold part is wrong.

What? ?any links. ..

as repentance for 1000yr rule lahoris are taking amritsari crap back home to be distributed.

It's you guys who have the sanitation problem...

Pakistan is just trying to show lesser countries how to properly take care of waste?

Be thankful to Lahoris to teach you how to not live in your own ****, but perhaps you guys like that. I mean what else can one expect in a shithole called india.

happy that lahoris are aslo learning to live that way from india. they are as repentance taking away the **** from india for next 1000 years.

It's you guys who have the sanitation problem...

Pakistan is just trying to show lesser countries how to properly take care of waste?

oh yaar... its ok.. just ensure that you divvy it up equally when you take it to pakistan

Be thankful to Lahoris to teach you how to not live in your own ****, but perhaps you guys like that. I mean what else can one expect in a shithole called india.

That is for you Indians, we flush our toilets......btw do you even know what a toilet is?

i know what toilet is... it s that truck which comes from lahore to take away "stuff" every morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom