What's new

Hundreds of Kashmiris pause to pray for suspected terrorist killed by Indian security forces

Icewolf

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
• Shiraz Ahmed is one of three suspected rebels killed in a gunbattle with government forces in South Kashmir

• The three men were thought to be members of the militant Pakistan-based group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT)

• LeT is fighting against Indian control in Kashmir and believed to be responsible for the 2008 attacks in Mumbai

A series of extraordinary photos show how hundreds of Kashmiri villagers who turned out for the funeral of suspected terrorist Shiraz Ahmed, who was killed in a gunbattle with government forces.

Relatives sobbed while other mourners covered their faces in grief, as the funeral procession moved through the village of Panjran, 28 miles south of Srinagar in India.

Three suspected rebels were killed on November 20, during an encounter with security forces in Tral area of Pulwama district in South Kashmir.

Hundreds of Kashmiri villagers turned out for the funeral of suspected terrorist Shiraz Ahmed, killed in a gunbattle with government forces
Mourners watch as the funeral procession moves through the village of Panjran, 28 miles to the south of Srinagar in India

The men were thought to be members of Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), the militant group India believes is responsible for the 2008 attack on Mumbai that killed 166 people.

According to local reports, police said Ahmed transported militants, who were involved in the killing of Assistant Sub Inspector Farooq Ahmad.

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1416976603.532988.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1416976614.916021.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1416976625.275840.jpg

The reports state Ahmed had been studying journalism in Islamic University of Science and Technology.

'It was his fourth semester while recently he had rejected a government job,' his father Muhammad Sultan told the Kashmir Dispatch.

We are well off and are a part of fruit industry', he added. 'I failed to understand what prompted my son to join militant ranks when I was providing him every comfort of life.'

Read more: Muslim Kashmiris pause to pray for 'terrorist' killed by Indian security services | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The reports state Ahmed had been studying journalism in Islamic University of Science and Technology.

'It was his fourth semester while recently he had rejected a government job,' his father Muhammad Sultan told the Kashmir Dispatch.

We are well off and are a part of fruit industry', he added. 'I failed to understand what prompted my son to join militant ranks when I was providing him every comfort of life.'

Read more: Muslim Kashmiris pause to pray for 'terrorist' killed by Indian security services | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting.... With Indian politicians comments about 98% Kashmiris supporting India.... And others comments about 70% voter turnout...

Either these pictures are fake... Either they are all ISI agents... Or either India is lying... Hmm

Interesting.... With Indian politicians comments about 98% Kashmiris supporting India.... And others comments about 70% voter turnout...

Either these pictures are fake... Either they are all ISI agents... Or either India is lying... Hmm

"Hundreds" out of 13 million people is pretty small minority. It's 0.1%

Its clear as it is stated in article. These are his relatives who has came to mourn his death, not to protest.

And his father himself is quoted telling ' we dont know why he joined militancy, he had a degree from university in an Indian state, had even got a job under government, their family is well of fruit farmers but this one little kid of his got radicalised and was killed by security people for the security of the rest of normal people of this Indian state.

This happened 5-6 days back and the state witnessed huge turnout in election , more than the percentage of any other Indian state.

The law abiding people of this Indian state have used its maximum of the voting rights provided by the Indian government under the constitution of India.

Back
Top Bottom