What's new

How to join Pakistan Air Force (PAF)?

Thanks for your reply!

I called the PAF center at Lahore and they said there is no connection with the Embassy and that I will have to come to Pakistan myself to register for PAF. And the next induction for GDP would be in February AND August, which I think is wrong? Its only once in a year I guess :s

Have things changed? :s

induction is twice a year for every force and for every branch

Registration from: 14 to 20 January, 2013

19316_10151395774179919_417287723_n.jpg

Thanks for your reply!

I phoned up PAF selection center at Rawalpindi and I must say it was disappointing.
I was like "hello hello" and he finally replied "G jaldi bolein time nai hai" and then quicky hanged up after his answer "february" to my question "when is the next induction". Not fair for someone seeking help from abroad.. :S

Anyway, I called again at Lahore and they said there is no connection with the Embassy and that I will have to come to Pakistan myself to register for PAF.

Have things changed? :s

Weren't you interested in the Army? :S

Anywaz, the post (#529) where i had quoted the procedure for dual nationals was specific to the Army. Even though the ISSB for all the services is common, but i dont think the PAF guys will let you skip the Initial Tests!

Mainly because their Initial Test is quite hard and they dont want everyone to pop up during the ISSB and waste govt funds, whereas Army's initials are just a formality to segregate non-serious candidates.

i can see that you are in Pakistan, so just go visit a PAF S&RC, they will guide you better.

i think PAF has a different procedure for expats.

@Xeric, I have a question...when these folks apply in the army or AF has engineers i.e they want to become engineers, do they also have tot take the university entrance exams?

Or just get into the Army through the proper commission and then go into the uni? (CAE Risalpur in Aero engineering case).

Last edited by a moderator:
Weren't you interested in the Army? :S

Anywaz, the post (#529) where i had quoted the procedure for dual nationals was specific to the Army. Even though the ISSB for all the services is common, but i dont think the PAF guys will let you skip the Initial Tests!

Mainly because their Initial Test is quite hard and they dont want everyone to pop up during the ISSB and waste govt funds, whereas Army's initials are just a formality to segregate non-serious candidates.

i can see that you are in Pakistan, so just go visit a PAF S&RC, they will guide you better.

i think PAF has a different procedure for expats.

Sorry for not mentioning that, yes I was interested for GDP PAF.
And I am not in Pakistan but in the UK right now, but thanks for your helpful reply. :)

@Xeric, I have a question...when these folks apply in the army or AF has engineers i.e they want to become engineers, do they also have tot take the university entrance exams?

Or just get into the Army through the proper commission and then go into the uni? (CAE Risalpur in Aero engineering case).

Not the Uni entrance exam, just a (different) kind of Initial Test, followed by ISSB.

No uni exams. Thats the beauty of our military. Otherwise to get into NUST and CAE as a civilian is a real pain in the ***

Not the Uni entrance exam, just a (different) kind of Initial Test, followed by ISSB.

So the physical standards etc are a bit relaxed for somebody wanting admission in engineering branch?

Only the initial test is different (I am guessing more educational oriented) or is the medical and interview etc also different?

So the physical standards etc are a bit relaxed for somebody wanting admission in engineering branch?
The initial physical standards (test) is the same, ofcourse when at MCE or MCS they dont rag you much, even less at PMA because they go there for just 6 months, but the long course walas make sure they get the taste of the entire 2 years in those 6 months :D

[/QUOTE]Only the initial test is different (I am guessing more educational oriented) or is the medical and interview etc also different?[/QUOTE]
The initial test is different, you guessed it right, it is more on the lines of those Uni entrance tests, however the medical is the same and the interview/ISSB is also the same, just that the examiner is also looking for that 'technical' knack.

BTW, why you ask? Thinking to join in?

The initial physical standards (test) is the same, ofcourse when at MCE or MCS they dont rag you much, even less at PMA because they go there for just 6 months, but the long course walas make sure they get the taste of the entire 2 years in those 6 months :D

Only the initial test is different (I am guessing more educational oriented) or is the medical and interview etc also different?
The initial test is different, you guessed it right, it is more on the lines of those Uni entrance tests, however the medical is the same and the interview/ISSB is also the same, just that the examiner is also looking for that 'technical' knack.

BTW, why you ask? Thinking to join in?

Rofl, main kahan.

Somebody asked me and I just got curious, that not giving uni entrance test!!!! But I guess that the ISSB and other things make up for it!

BTW, are the examiners same for the engineering admissions and the regular commission? Or is a EME guy taking the interview for the engineering guy?

Rofl, main kahan.

Somebody asked me and I just got curious, that not giving uni entrance test!!!! But I guess that the ISSB and other things make up for it!

BTW, are the examiners same for the engineering admissions and the regular commission? Or is a EME guy taking the interview for the engineering guy?

The engineering thingy is checked at the initials almost on the lines of any uni entrance test, the ISSB mainly checks him for other traits as it will do was a regular commission guy. So you can tell your 'somebody' that it is indeed a bit more difficult to enter the army as an engineer as compared to appearing for an entrance test.

@Xeric sir!
I know this is a little :offtopic: but can u give me the detail of the uniform general gul is wearing! I know its a mess dress but i need more detail! Like the name of the decorations on the golden sash etc!
And why are armoured officers entitled to wear the golden sash!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vW1GG83Zr1U/TPfiJbObpiI/AAAAAAAAHI8/etK921cL5l4/s400/hamid+gul.jpg

It's known as Mess Kit.

The 'belt' he is wearing is known as Toshdan, it's a glorified version of Sam Browne Belt

Back
Top Bottom