What's new

How to Destroy a Nation?

Do you think Yeltsin, Kravchuk and others could do at least a step in the direction of betrayal, if in place of Gorbachev was Stalin, or even Brezhnev?
Yeltsin and others - it is a consequence. The reason is Gorbachev.

The entire economy was collapsing around Gorbachev, what choice did he have ? But then again, I am not a Russian so I do not know the whole story.

The entire economy was collapsing around Gorbachev, what choice did he have ? But then again, I am not a Russian so I do not know the whole story.
There were problems in economics, West, too had crisis in 80's. But what did Gorbachev, is like to treat a pimple on the knee by amputation of the leg.

No I mean how is he for Russia. How do the Russians view him ?
His popularity rating is 87%.
He returned to the people hope, sense of dignity and self-perception as a great nation, which has its own values.

His popularity rating is 87%.
He returned to the people hope, sense of dignity and self-perception as a great nation, which has its own values.

87% is unrealistic. That is what Sadam Hussain had :P

Are you being honest ? How long does his term last ?

I have to say that during all the time of Saddam ruling in Iraq were executed fewer people than it is now mudered every month in the terrorist attacks.
Putin - a popularly elected president. Unlike Western presidents-managers - Putin is leader, he is a person. Therefore he enjoys the respect and approval of the absolute majority of the population. Although some people criticize Putin for excessive liberalism and softness in relation with the West.

I have to say that during all the time of Saddam ruling in Iraq were executed fewer people than it is now mudered every month in the terrorist attacks.
Putin - a popularly elected president. Unlike Western presidents-managers - Putin is leader, he is a person. Therefore he enjoys the respect and approval of the absolute majority of the population. Although some people criticize Putin for excessive liberalism and softness in relation with the West.

No one gets 87% approval in a democracy dude. That is just impossible.

Saddam was a dictator and even he got only 85% approval. :P

No one gets 87% approval in a democracy dude. That is just impossible.

Saddam was a dictator and even he got only 85% approval. :P
It is impossible by standards of the West. If the election involves two faceless managers from the same financial group - it's impossible. Show will be established so that one candidate will have 49%, and the other - 51%. Maximum - 45/55. This is not democracy.
Democracy - is a government of the people. If people choose national leader, he will have a high rating.

It's true.During the last elections in some regions of Russia he even had 120% of the vote and on election day people registered as deceased voted.They love him so much that they come back to life just to vote for him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom