What's new

How our own stupidity has left Pakistan behind India

WishLivePak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Tech-savvy Punjab: CM approves free public Wi-Fi across province – The Express Tribune

And people in comments are complaining that it's gimmick, children are dying, hospitals bad and whatnot.

So perhaps India should stop investing in high tech, space exploration, delhi metro train, railways and all the goodies until its undernourishment problem is resolved. UNICEF says, 1 in 3 malnourished child of the world lives in india.

Some people can just never be happy, even if you give them Mercedes, house and rice. They'll complain why not give us jet, mansion and lobster.

Edit: Some Indians are upset with I comparing toilets and India. I'm trying to show stark contrast for people to easily understand that a state needs to undertake other projects and not spoon feed all of its citizens.

Edit2: Couple of Indians continue to protest with my use of toilets. So I changed to malnousihment, which Pakistan faces as well. Here is source: UNICEF India - The children - Nutrition says "1 in 3 of the world's malnourished children lives in India." My point stands, Indians are happy and no need for off topic discussion.

Edit3: I'm not calling everyone stupid nor making fun of Pakistan. I didn't know that highlighting an issue means I'm ridiculing the nation <.< - Perhaps I should say pakistan has highest gdp in world, 200000 nukes, 20000000 invisable air jets?

Last edited:
Oh what it has to be compared with India. And why are u always comparing with India. Which is way beyond any comparison. Some people can't stop comparing Pakistan with India ! Compare with Afghanistan an other neighbours or compare with your friend China . Why why why ?

Tech-savvy Punjab: CM approves free public Wi-Fi across province – The Express Tribune

And people in comments are complaining that it's gimmick, children are dying, hospitals bad and whatnot.

So perhaps India should stop investing in high tech, space exploration and all the goodies until it can solve its toilet problem.

Some people can just never be happy, even if you give them Mercedes, house and rice. They'll complain why not give us jet, mansion and lobster.
Truely you are from Canada. You are living a life of western civilisation and leading a fancy life . SO all you know is Wifi tablets mobiles etc. But think what people are facing in your country or my country. They use to complain because they face problems in their day today life . Which u won't understand . SO always look at others point of view also. It may be reasonably too .

Check this comment of urs. You talking about lobster when people don't get food to eat ! You are talking about Mercedes when some people can't even afford to pay for public transport .u are way beyond reality. Don't think am talking about Pakistan alone . It counts to all poor people in India China or even in Canada US UK as well .

Oh what it has to be compared with India. And why are u always comparing with India. Which is way beyond any comparison. Some people can't stop comparing Pakistan with India ! Compare with Afghanistan an other neighbours or compare with your friend China . Why why why ?

Truely you are from Canada. You are living a life of western civilisation and leading a fancy life . SO all you know is Wifi tablets mobiles etc. But think what people are facing in your country or my country. They use to complain because they face problems in their day today life . Which u won't understand . SO always look at others point of view also. It may be reasonably too .

Check this comment of urs. You talking about lobster when people don't get food to eat ! You are talking about Mercedes when some people can't even afford to pay for public transport .u are way beyond reality. Don't think am talking about Pakistan alone . It counts to all poor people in India China or even in Canada US UK as well .
Lol wut western life. We work hard here for the country unlike in Pakistan.

Public transport is so cheap in pakistan (state owned) that they lose money (subsidy). Yet in Canada public transport is hella expensive and everyone pays a lot of tax to run it. I just offered extreme example to show what I meant.

India is compared because it has toilet problem yet it continues to fund tens of millions of dollars for space exploration and what not. No need to get upset over comparison. I'm trying to show contrast here so it's easy to understand (yet it was very hard for you).

The point is, if society is to advance, we need these things. We can't just keep shoving food in people mouth or give them free transportation (since it is already subsidized). We need to invest in other things as well. Here in Canada, public schools are also imploying tablets and laptops/netbooks. We are also getting wifi even though many places have 3G/LTE. Do you know over 15% Canadians live below poverty line (despite heavy government assistance)? But if punjab does anything (just because pml=bad) then it's a failure.

Bro, @WishLivePak , a question... if your family members do not have disprin/asprin and are in pain and you have a small amount of money, and internet bill is also due, what would you purchase in the market?

Its a matter of proirities, metro bus is a very decent project, but only if proportionally money had been spent on other fundamental requirements.

Bro, @WishLivePak , a question... if your family members do not have disprin/asprin and are in pain and you have a small amount of money, and internet bill is also due, what would you purchase in the market?

Its a matter of proirities, metro bus is a very decent project, but only if proportionally money had been spent on other fundamental requirements.
Indeed. Metro project is not sensible, considering how much was spent on it.

However, we can't criticize everything. Our politicians are immature and our planning and development team isn't as advance as some in the world.

We need buses, trains, metro trains, wifi, laptops and so on. But I will also say that we over spend on these things, there is massive corruption and whatnot. We need all things, even if it means some children may die otherwise. In the long term, we will save more children from dying than in short term.

Pakistan ignored this long term vision, didn't invest in such infrastructure and look where we are at.

Laptops/wifi creates better education
bus/train creates revenues, tax and jobs

Finally, even if we abolish all metro projects, laptops etc, there will be always some people without aspirin, food etc. We may save them for a year, but not forseeable future. But metro is a one time thing and then it creates revenue.

Pakistan is too poor to be a welfare state.

Indeed. Metro project is not sensible, considering how much was spent on it.

However, we can't criticize everything. Our politicians are immature and our planning and development team isn't as advance as some in the world.

We need buses, trains, metro trains, wifi, laptops and so on. But I will also say that we over spend on these things, there is massive corruption and whatnot. We need all things, even if it means some children may die otherwise. In the long term, we will save more children from dying than in short term.

Pakistan ignored this long term vision, didn't invest in such infrastructure and look where we are at.

Laptops/wifi creates better education
bus/train creates revenues, tax and jobs

Finally, even if we abolish all metro projects, laptops etc, there will be always some people without aspirin, food etc. We may save them for a year, but not forseeable future. But metro is a one time thing and then it creates revenue.

Pakistan is too poor to be a welfare state.

>We need all things, even if it means some children may die otherwise.
Well that is a very wrong attitude. If you can save some children's lives, it is better than "all things". That child may one day become Einstein, may one day design a thorium reactor, that child may one day bring a break through in bio technology and double our agriculture products. The children dying in Thar are worth the other so called development projects of Sindh?

>Overall what you are saying is a bit out of context in today's Pakistan. It might have been acceptable in 80's and 90's when relatively population pressure wasn't much on our health and educational institutes,when joblessness was under control, inflation was once a year event(annual june budget), when people were not suffering from 8-16(and sometimes even 20) hrs of load shedding, yes at that time money could and should have been spent on PMLN type development projects.

>Laptops/wifi creates better education... how? better teachers, better books,better libraries, better eductaion testing system, better schools result in better education. Till 90's the world was not getting better education because of no wifi/laptop? Its just an add on, a desktop computer works just as good as a laptop, and frankly in certain cases, desktops are better.

>bus/train creates revenues, tax and jobs... direct taxation of the rich creates revenue. and anyways metro is subsidized, right?

So perhaps India should stop investing in high tech, space exploration and all the goodies until it can solve its toilet problem.

Its beyond any comprehension that someone educated, hard-working and living in a civilised country can actually support these scum of the earth Sharifs and Zardari.

The Public transport in Canada for example is not run by their federal or provincial government, why not do the same in Pakistan? if the 'khadim-e-aala' is so sincere with the people, they should put the local governments in place, transfer all the powers to them and let people on city/district/tehsil level sort out their problems.

Yes it is nothing but a gimmick, just like the free laptops farce.

Its beyond any comprehension that someone educated, hard-working and living in a civilised country can actually support these scum of the earth Sharifs and Zardari.

The Public transport in Canada for example is not run by their federal or provincial government, why not do the same in Pakistan? if the 'khadim-e-aala' is so sincere with the people, they should put the local governments in place, transfer all the powers to them and let people on city/district/tehsil level sort out their problems.

Yes it is nothing but a gimmick, just like the free laptops farce.
I supported Imran Khan until he started his dharna-style politics. So you need to stop saying "if you say say a good thing about these, then you support them." Even now as Imran has turned attention back to province, I'm starting to like him again.

In Canada, or at least the place i live at, the provincial gov't heavily supports the public transport. They charge very high taxes and charge 200ish rupees for 1 hour of trip in one zone. Meanwhile, in Pakistan, the private transporters have become mafia and refuse to lower rates even after oil price drop. Whereas metro bus, which falls under gov't, is subsidizing fares or even offering free tickets on few days of the year.

It's also worth mentioning that in Pakistan, corporations are not wealthy enough or take large risk to invest in projects like metro ones in Lahore. In the West, it's very easy. Thus, only governments can run/start such major projects in Pakistan.

>We need all things, even if it means some children may die otherwise.
Well that is a very wrong attitude. If you can save some children's lives, it is better than "all things". That child may one day become Einstein, may one day design a thorium reactor, that child may one day bring a break through in bio technology and double our agriculture products. The children dying in Thar are worth the other so called development projects of Sindh?

>Overall what you are saying is a bit out of context in today's Pakistan. It might have been acceptable in 80's and 90's when relatively population pressure wasn't much on our health and educational institutes,when joblessness was under control, inflation was once a year event(annual june budget), when people were not suffering from 8-16(and sometimes even 20) hrs of load shedding, yes at that time money could and should have been spent on PMLN type development projects.

>Laptops/wifi creates better education... how? better teachers, better books,better libraries, better eductaion testing system, better schools result in better education. Till 90's the world was not getting better education because of no wifi/laptop? Its just an add on, a desktop computer works just as good as a laptop, and frankly in certain cases, desktops are better.

>bus/train creates revenues, tax and jobs... direct taxation of the rich creates revenue. and anyways metro is subsidized, right?

I also used to think "one day." But again, we're thinking long term here. Would you want to save 100 children today or 1000 children next year? Which has greater chance of producing einstein?

Sindh gov't is worse than Baloch. They have no idea what to do. So I cannot comment on that. We're talking about Punjab gov't and Punjab is not responsible for Thar children.

Yes, during the 80s and 90s money should've been spent on that. I wanted to add that it was in the 90s we needed the train first (they even started planning on it then). But the reason why Pakistan is doing worse is because, "one reason," we lack such infrastructures. These things drive the nation. In the 80s and 90s, we were busy getting new jets/nukes and political tussle.

Wifi/laptops offer education of all over the world in any part of Pakistan. If west is doing it, so should Pakistan. I live in west, have the best libraries, yet I'm wikipedia addict and often go online to seek knowledge. It is the future. We should no invest in 80s/90s style education.

Rich people evade tax all over the world. Get over it. Transportation need not to be subsidized for a nation like Pakistan.

The comparison with India by toilet has no similarity over this issue.
It has.

Instead of sending mars mission for 50+ million dollars, India could've made millions of toilets instead. Of course I could have put another example, but my point is, just because there is poverty in nation or malnutrition, it does NOT mean we stop investing in such projects.

Tell me, how many kids are going to be anxious and get post secondary education in space exploration after that Mars exploration project? It creates incentive. If I was a ten year old in India at the time of the take off, I'd be saying to my mom "I want to be astronaut." But if mars did not exist and India was investing in toilets, I'd say "When I grow up, i'll make toilets/clean streets."

Where does this toilet issue came from ?
In India landlords having Benz and other facilities often wont have toilet .This is about culture.
There is no comparison between India and Pakistan.

Where does this toilet issue came from ?
In India landlords having Benz and other facilities often wont have toilet .This is about culture.
There is no comparison between India and Pakistan.
How many people are without toilets? Now how many have benz?

This is wasted argument. See the point I'm trying to make.

@WishLivePak

Still not edited the comparison??
nope, but i clarified my intention.

This thread isn't about toilets and India, it's about Pakistan and in Pakistani section of the forum.

I also used to think "one day." But again, we're thinking long term here. Would you want to save 100 children today or 1000 children next year? Which has greater chance of producing einstein?

Sindh gov't is worse than Baloch. They have no idea what to do. So I cannot comment on that. We're talking about Punjab gov't and Punjab is not responsible for Thar children.

Yes, during the 80s and 90s money should've been spent on that. I wanted to add that it was in the 90s we needed the train first (they even started planning on it then). But the reason why Pakistan is doing worse is because, "one reason," we lack such infrastructures. These things drive the nation. In the 80s and 90s, we were busy getting new jets/nukes and political tussle.

Wifi/laptops offer education of all over the world in any part of Pakistan. If west is doing it, so should Pakistan. I live in west, have the best libraries, yet I'm wikipedia addict and often go online to seek knowledge. It is the future. We should no invest in 80s/90s style education.

Rich people evade tax all over the world. Get over it. Transportation need not to be subsidized for a nation like Pakistan.

It has.

Instead of sending mars mission for 50+ million dollars, India could've made millions of toilets instead. Of course I could have put another example, but my point is, just because there is poverty in nation or malnutrition, it does NOT mean we stop investing in such projects.

Tell me, how many kids are going to be anxious and get post secondary education in space exploration after that Mars exploration project? It creates incentive. If I was a ten year old in India at the time of the take off, I'd be saying to my mom "I want to be astronaut." But if mars did not exist and India was investing in toilets, I'd say "When I grow up, i'll make toilets/clean streets."

Each Indians paid 4 rupees for Mars mission.Tell me how can you built atoilet with 4 rs?.
Bro you dont know the cultural issues in here.So it is better to not comment about it.

Back
Top Bottom