What's new

How much money is enough for you?

Enough as in being content? In India say in metros, the average young software engineer(say 2-3 years exp) earns inr 6 lakhs per annum. That is enough if you are single and don't have much responsibilities. Once settled I believe one should aim for atleast inr 12+ lakhs per annum(especially if your wife is not working, which in this day and age is a big negative).
For me though since I'm kindof a gadget lover, gamer and invest heavily I need more towards the higher end beyond 12 even though I'm not married.
nei hota utne mein. In India you will atleast need 25lacs/annum minimum, extra 10lac if wife not working or you don`t have side business and I m talking about 3rd tier city like mine, can`t even imagine living in mumbai or bangalore.

I never feel so poor going to a bar or disco in Bangalore or Delhi with people zipping in their luxury cars with ladies in shortest dress imaginable and I stare at them like a beggar :lol: :lol: :lol:

nei hota utne mein. In India you will atleast need 25lacs/annum minimum, extra 10lac if wife not working or you don`t have side business and I m talking about 3rd tier city like mine, can`t even imagine living in mumbai or bangalore.

I never feel so poor going to a bar or disco in Bangalore or Delhi with people zipping in their luxury cars with ladies in shortest dress imaginable and I stare at them like a beggar :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well that is to feel rich I believe. For feeling just content I would say that is enough, since I do know people having a family with salaries of 5-8 lpa not complaining so 12+ should be good. Getting 25 lpa is getting easier I agree with the recent IT boom, have friends getting more than 25(with bonus stocks) still unmarried, but then again that is not the norm especially out of the IT sector.
But as I'm not married yet that's all from an outsider perspective :lol: My views might change in future.
PS - feel the same looking at a lambo in bangalore. :cry:

Wtf you need 25 INR annually to live in a 3rd tier city in India? That's 4.8 lac PKR per month. That's quite expensive.

1. Do not take debt (credit cards, personal loans)
  2. Save then spend the rest
  3. donate

someone also mentioned here that the more money you make , the more luxuries you want and expect, so its never enough. Also, where you live makes a huge difference.

For Abu Dhabi / per month

1- Water/electricity
2-mobile / 1 giga internet
3-rent
4-food/water
5-wife allowance
6- house maids salary
7-fuel for car
8-car cleaning service
9- kindergarten for one child

two other kids go to school for free which is a huge help

total comes to 7622 US$ per month OR 1,25 million rupees and this is just the monthly re-occurring responsibilities

1. Do not take debt (credit cards, personal loans)
  2. Save then spend the rest
  3. donate

someone also mentioned here that the more money you make , the more luxuries you want and expect, so its never enough. Also, where you live makes a huge difference.

For Abu Dhabi / per month

1- Water/electricity
2-mobile / 1 giga internet
3-rent
4-food/water
5-wife allowance
6- house maids salary
7-fuel for car
8-car cleaning service
9- kindergarten for one child

two other kids go to school for free which is a huge help

total comes to 7622 US$ per month OR 1,25 million rupees and this is just the monthly re-occurring responsibilities
How much cheaper is it to live in Abu Dhabi instead of Dubai?

Wtf you need 25 INR annually to live in a 3rd tier city in India? That's 4.8 lac PKR per month. That's quite expensive.
No i was talking about comfortable living (girls and cars and don't worry about anything but next vacation destination) life, not bare minimal survival.

For just roti-kapda-makan living, one need atleast 2-3 lakhs per annum, below which is poverty line. You add term insurance add another 20-30k per annum, health insurance another 10k per annum(cheapest one), car and property insurance another (10-20k), add another miscellenous bills and occasional eating out, budget vacations locally and some meager savings another1-2 lacs, So around 5-6 lakhs per annum for low middle class existence in India tier 3 cities(for a family of 4).

things are not different in Pakistan also, i checked.

Last edited:
I’d be content with 80k annually.
rupees?
r u kidding bro
money is biggest thing these days
You need at least 300K-500K per month to live a barely decent life in Pakistan these days. 200K just goes into school fees, electricity, petrol, car maintenance, health, and monthly groceries for a family for 4-5 these days (2+ if including parents).

If you're on 300K, you scrape by at the end of the month (light shopping, eating out once a week). You drive a shitty Hatchback or a City. Your kids are in one of the cheaper private schools (LGS, Beaconhouse)

If you're doing at least 500K you have a disposable income and can live quite care free. You live in a 10 Marla-1 Kanal House and probably drive a Civic Turbo. Kids study in Shueifat / Froebels

At 1000K per month, you're in the top 10% ers. Probably can afford to build a house or two (1-2 Kanals) with multiple decent cars (Sportage +). Your kids study in Aitchison and LUMS / Fast

At 1cr per month, you're in the top 1%ers. You live in 4 Kanal + houses with multiple cars all of which are German. You probably also don't pay tax and are an industrialist. Your kids are in Oxford.

:D
lol if u have 10lakh income how would u make 1-2 canal house?

No i was talking about comfortable living (girls and cars and don't worry about anything but next vacation destination) life, not bare minimal survival.

For just roti-kapda-makan living, one need atleast 2-3 lakhs per annum, below which is poverty line. You add term insurance add another 20-30k per annum, health insurance another 10k per annum(cheapest one), car and property insurance another (10-20k), add another miscellenous bills and occasional eating out, budget vacations locally and some meager savings another1-2 lacs, So around 5-6 lakhs per annum for low middle class existence in India tier 3 cities(for a family of 4) in tier 3 city.

things are not different in Pakistan also, i checked.
4 lac PKR per month, which is 135516 INR is a good income in cities like Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore. If one earns 3 lac then you will see gold diggers going after them. As far as posh people are concerned, in my opinion you need to earn at least 10 lac PKR per month to be considered posh and by posh I don't mean elites or gentry. Our elites are billionaires in USD.

Enough to get me married :enjoy:

View attachment 772413
building harem ....

1629815330536.png

lol if u have 10lakh income how would u make 1-2 canal house?
That's easy, invest in at least two properties when there is hardly any development in that area. When the area is developed sell one of the properties and use that money to build a 1 kanal house on the other one.

That's easy, invest in at least two properties when there is hardly any development in that area. When the area is developed sell one of the properties and use that money to build a 1 kanal house on the other one.
we bought one 16 marla house in a good location for 5
how can one imagine 10 lakh and making 2 houses together

By saving enough money to buy two 1 kanal plots, each worth 30-40 lac. Those plots will one day be worth at least 1.5 crore each. When that happens sell one of them and build a 1 kanal house on the other. It takes at least 1.5 crore to build a somewhat decent 1 kanal house.

My father bought 1 kanal files in DHA for 6-8 lac each and Masallah now they are all worth more than 2 crore.
Congrats on buying that 16 marla house. May Allah bless you and your family with more.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom