What's new

How much money is enough for you?

HttpError

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The pursuit of wealth is endless, as we all know we need to pay our bills but at the same time, we are spending way too much time and resources on our daily jobs. In all this, we forget to spend the best time of our lives (Youth) just simply pursuing wealth (career).

I'd wanted to know how much money if you had, you'd quit your day job and go out for months on camping to explore the world or at least try to work for yourself?

How much money would be enough for you to enjoy your life? Kindly only mention the amount in the United States Dollar $ as a benchmark.

Enough to get me married :enjoy:

images (32).jpeg

Last edited:
never ever enough, my first job in my life back in 2000 i earned 8k at that time it was huge figure but always was craving for more, managed to cross the magical three figures but still was not satisfied, it's just that as you progress your needs and demands increase, luxuries start to become necessities, mix that with inflation, marriage, kids, health, education etc. and you have a perfect recipe for never being happy

that's my personal opinion, you might differ.

No amount is too much for anyone.

Anas bin Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “If the son of Adam had a valley full of gold, he would want to have two valleys. Nothing fills his mouth but the dust of the grave, yet Allah will relent to whoever repents to Him.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6075, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1048

There is a reason, you see politicians want more power, more corruption. Zardari, Nawaz are us and we are them. Only the ones who don't get the chance or are afraid of getting caught are the ones that don't follow the money blindly. Rest, the greed you can see even in Ulemas etc. Nowadays every Aalim, Hafiz, has a Land Cruiser, then you as them that Prophet(P.B.U.H) lived a simple life, why have you opened a boutique tec, and their answer will be it is God gifted, acquired through my family, I can't just abandon it and live on the plain carpet.

Last edited:
You need at least 300K-500K per month to live a barely decent life in Pakistan these days. 200K just goes into school fees, electricity, petrol, car maintenance, health, and monthly groceries for a family for 4-5 these days (2+ if including parents).

If you're on 300K, you scrape by at the end of the month (light shopping, eating out once a week). You drive a shitty Hatchback or a City. Your kids are in one of the cheaper private schools (LGS, Beaconhouse)

If you're doing at least 500K you have a disposable income and can live quite care free. You live in a 10 Marla-1 Kanal House and probably drive a Civic Turbo. Kids study in Shueifat / Froebels

At 1000K per month, you're in the top 10% ers. Probably can afford to build a house or two (1-2 Kanals) with multiple decent cars (Sportage +). Your kids study in Aitchison and LUMS / Fast

At 1cr per month, you're in the top 1%ers. You live in 4 Kanal + houses with multiple cars all of which are German. You probably also don't pay tax and are an industrialist. Your kids are in Oxford.

:D

The pursuit of wealth is endless, as we all know we need to pay our bills but at the same time, we are spending way too much time and resources on our daily jobs. In all this, we forget to spend the best time of our lives (Youth) just simply pursuing wealth (career).

I'd wanted to know how much money if you had, you'd quit your day job and go out for months on camping to explore the world or at least try to work for yourself?

How much money would be enough for you to enjoy your life? Kindly only mention the amount in the United States Dollar $ as a benchmark.

$ 1 million is sufficient for my next 40 years. Use half of the amount to establish passive income sources. And start moving around the world with the remaining half. When the second half ends (will hopefull take atleast 10 years to end) by that time I will have lots of Passive income stored for past 10 years. I will start using that for my adventures.

Whenever I decide to settle down. I can. And I won't have to worry about income for expenses because (even though I have no hard cash on me anymore but) I still have passive income sources (like markets, shopping plaza, shops, houses put on rent etc).

I would be content with a modest house(paid off), a nice car...doesn't have to be a Lamborghini or anything fancy...
...just nice, functional, and practical...I think a Tesla Model S would fit that role. From that point...I would like to earn enough to be able to pay all my bills, provide for my family, and have at least some left over for savings(in case of a rainy day). Once I have that(which I'm almost there thanks to God)...I think anything after that is just a plus.

I've seen ppl with endless pursuits of wealth...and it's never enough. If they are millionaires...they want to be billionaires...if they have a billion dollars...they wish for two billion...and so on. It becomes a curse...and then what's even the point of all that wealth if it becomes a source of stress? The whole point of it is to end ur stresses by providing the person a comfortable life. I hope I never become a person like that.

Last edited:
A constant source of 3k$/month is enough to enjoy, and 1k$ to spend life.
What I plan to do requires 1.5 billion$ plus some wisdom of economics, law and commerce. @_NOBODY_

T

To be honest, I am not after money in my career. I am after perfection and completion of my goals. One of my goals is to make Pakistan a better and stronger country.

A constant source of 3k$/month is enough to enjoy, and 1k$ to spend life.
@_NOBODY_
$3k a month is peanuts unless you live in Pakistan, $1k is barely enough for me to build/buy a computer that can fulfill my needs.
What I plan to do requires 1.5 billion$ plus some wisdom of economics, law and commerce. @_NOBODY_
Now that's what I am talking about.

$100 Million is a good amount.

Back
Top Bottom