What's new

How much money is enough for you?

1629753922614.png

The pursuit of wealth is endless, as we all know we need to pay our bills but at the same time, we are spending way too much time and resources on our daily jobs. In all this, we forget to spend the best time of our lives (Youth) just simply pursuing wealth (career).

I'd wanted to know how much money if you had, you'd quit your day job and go out for months on camping to explore the world or at least try to work for yourself?

How much money would be enough for you to enjoy your life? Kindly only mention the amount in the United States Dollar $ as a benchmark.
$40 Billion in the Bank along with a large multinational conglomerate under my belt would be enough to spend my life in peace. :bunny::toast_sign:

But then I wouldn't allow Imran Khan to remain PM here. I need more power baby 8-)

Hmari jmaat ka naara Sasti bijli, free internet, Sasti electronics e cars b Sasti. Sb k liy business and personal use k liy easy loans, instant, free and online justice for all:yahoo:

Roti kprha mkaan, bijli nokrian wghera sb purani chezen hogai hen. Ye public bus stop pe b reh le gi agr internet free r acha Milay to :wave:

My current salary would more than suffice.

I'm not a rich man, but if I didn't have a mortgage to pay, I'd save half my salary every month.

All I want in life is to be mortgage free, have a small family home in Islamabad (with a garden), and to continue to drive fast rear wheel drive German cars until the day I die

If I can afford a holiday every year, dine out once a week and work 4 days a week instead of 5 - life would be perfect.

I think realistically I'm £300,000 off my goal. I hope to me able to make it soon.
Any person here , who would just refuse to take even an ounce, if he was given millions or billions of dollars
Any such soul here?

As long as its halal - I'd take it.

If it was haram - I wouldn't. I pray with every Salat to be saved from haram and to survive on halal.

The pursuit of wealth is endless, as we all know we need to pay our bills but at the same time, we are spending way too much time and resources on our daily jobs. In all this, we forget to spend the best time of our lives (Youth) just simply pursuing wealth (career).

I'd wanted to know how much money if you had, you'd quit your day job and go out for months on camping to explore the world or at least try to work for yourself?

How much money would be enough for you to enjoy your life? Kindly only mention the amount in the United States Dollar $ as a benchmark.
I did exactly that 12 years ago at a very young age. I won't tell you the amount as that's different for each person. All I would say is pick life over work.

Work to live not live to work
Any person here , who would just refuse to take even an ounce, if he was given millions or billions of dollars
Any such soul here?
I did...in lahore.
1st contract coming in at 2 million dollars but was asked for a bribe directly....I walked away. Alhumdulillah and I still think my decision was correct. I come from very humble beginnings and now Alhumdulillah I am so grateful to Allah. Thank you Allah (my thanks will never be enough)

1629758731376.jpeg
Psychologists from Purdue University and the University of Virginia analyzed World Gallup Poll data from 1.7 million people in 164 countries, and cross-referencedThe ideal income for individuals is $95,000 a year for life satisfaction and $60,000 to $75,000 a year for emotional well-being. their earnings and life satisfaction. Although the cost and standard of living varies across these countries, researchers came up with a bold conclusion: The ideal income for individuals is $95,000 a year for life satisfaction and $60,000 to $75,000 a year for emotional well-being. Families with children, of course, will need more.

Last edited:
Happiness level out at $70k/ yr, since at this income an average person can afford a decent life style. Millionaires and than billionaire are n league of their own specially Billionaires. Billionaire can spend $70k in a single day just to shave 30 min off his flight time and or make a quick Stop at monaco beach to relax.

Mental health experts say happiness is a multifaceted experience that's achieved through mindset—not money

Any such soul here?

I wish I could say yes for myself one day … the issue is more you have more stringent your scrutiny will be on the day of qayamat as to the ones who lived all their lives on modest halal means … kyunkey duniya ke maal o zar ki misaal sumander ke paani ki tarhan hey agar ye zarorat se ziyaada aapki zindagi ki kashti mein ajayey to kashti ke doobney ka khadsha ziyaada hojaata hey …

Allah SWT himmat de (Ameen)

Honestly I am still new to US, so I can't say how much do I need, but I heard from someone on youtube that in 60,000 Annual you can live in a decent house and stress free life. Rest Allah knows best, with more money one must remember the Zakat will be higher to, Allah test people sometimes by making them rich, and he tests some by making them poor.

Never enough, desire will grow.

I now want $100 million ( 600 million CNY)so that I can quit my job, travel around the world with my family and enjoy the rest of my life. But maybe the money is not enough, maybe the currency will depreciate, maybe I can't leave too many assets for my children.

Last edited:
Then why minimum wage rate is just 14k PKR? I know people who did masters and started at 35K at very well-known telecom company in Pakistan.
Ask the politicians? 35K for a single person who has no responsibilities "might" be just enough.

People quoting 50K for a month for families are out of touch with reality. Yeah you can live on 50K but Just earn, pay bills, fees, petrol, buy only necessary groceries so you don't die of hunger and that's it. God forbid your pani wali motor burns out / bike engine seizes or house needs maintenance; then good luck!
Happiness level out at $70k/ yr, since at this income an average person can afford a decent life style. Millionaires and than billionaire are n league of their own specially Billionaires. Billionaire can spend $70k in a single day just to shave 30 min off his flight time and or make a quick Stop at monaco beach to relax.

Mental health experts say happiness is a multifaceted experience that's achieved through mindset—not money
True. Above a certain threshold you really don't need any more money. It'll just be ooh I can buy this, buy that. Too much money to spend without relevant increase in satisfaction.

You need at least 300K-500K per month to live a barely decent life in Pakistan these days. 200K just goes into school fees, electricity, petrol, car maintenance, health, and monthly groceries for a family for 4-5 these days (2+ if including parents).

If you're on 300K, you scrape by at the end of the month (light shopping, eating out once a week). You drive a shitty Hatchback or a City. Your kids are in one of the cheaper private schools (LGS, Beaconhouse)

If you're doing at least 500K you have a disposable income and can live quite care free. You live in a 10 Marla-1 Kanal House and probably drive a Civic Turbo. Kids study in Shueifat / Froebels

At 1000K per month, you're in the top 10% ers. Probably can afford to build a house or two (1-2 Kanals) with multiple decent cars (Sportage +). Your kids study in Aitchison and LUMS / Fast

At 1cr per month, you're in the top 1%ers. You live in 4 Kanal + houses with multiple cars all of which are German. You probably also don't pay tax and are an industrialist. Your kids are in Oxford.

:D

You and I have very different definitions of "barely decent" life. Here's what 300k a month can do for a family of 4-5 living in ISB;

House portion in F-7: 130k per month.
Beaconhouse fees for two kids: 50k per month.
Top notch groceries & utilities: 100k per month.
Servant: 20k per month.

You can tweak the house rent and move to E11 for something like 50k pm for a decent portion. My point is, 300k is still good money in Pakistan. Of course you can always keep improving your lifestyle but there comes a point of diminishing returns.

You and I have very different definitions of "barely decent" life. Here's what 300k a month can do for a family of 4-5 living in ISB;

House portion in F-7: 130k per month.
Beaconhouse fees for two kids: 50k per month.
Top notch groceries & utilities: 100k per month.
Servant: 20k per month.

You can tweak the house rent and move to E11 for something like 50k pm for a decent portion. My point is, 300k is still good money in Pakistan. Of course you can always keep improving your lifestyle but there comes a point of diminishing returns.
Obviously my post was a generalisation. For some 300K might not be enough, for most even 50K is great. It's all up to how you want to live your life. You can buy a 15K Infinix or a 250K iPhone it is up to you!

Back
Top Bottom