What's new

How Islam civilised Hindu india

The Times Group has almost single handedly turned media into a commercial circus. Its owner had once said "We are not in the business of news. We are in the business of advertising". The results speak for themselves. In the 90s they saw the turning tide of consumerism and very cleverly positioned Times of India as a sort of tabloid. Its Page 3 supplement which is called Delhi Times / Bombay Times etc which was meant to showcase parties of rich people, women in bikini, advice on sex etc soon become bigger than the main newspaper. A massive dumbing down of society. They then took their onslaught to TV and launched Times Now, and gifted us Arnab Goswami, who though no longer with Times, continues to torment people.

Other media houses gaped with their mouths open and said "I want what he is having". The TRP battle is an ugly one, and the only way to stay afloat is to cater to the lowest common denominator.
Both sides do it here, BJP/right as well as Nehruvians/left have their set of channels in what propaganda they put out as favours to their respective political masters.

Not sure about either the media or the political landscape of Pak to speak about it much but there must be (I'm guessing) kind of the same with pro Army/pro IK.. they have a very different dynamic to India or the US, where again, MSNBC = Dem channel, Fox and major talk radio big names lean conservative and fight on well defined wedge issues.. Pakistan is a bit more complicated to define than the simple left or right like in other cases.

I'm just happy the commies here have no voice lol, they'll surf the wake and hang on to the coattails of the congress guys, that's about they can do.. and it serves them right.

Fvck all the commies !

1664794007404.png

For India, you are better suited to comment. To me, it seems modi ji still have steam left for at least 10 years. Even if this is his last stint in power, but his legacy will continue or even grow under yogi et al.
BTW, how likely is it that after retirement from electoral politics, modi ji will become a spiritual figurehead, a yogi/sadhu type figure?

The 2024 elections will the most important elections for a long time. When Modi completed his first term in 2019, the prevailing sentiment being pushed was the 70 years of misrule cannot be undone in just 5 years, so give us one more term. They got it with thumping majority. In these elections the following will be tested:

1. Is 10 years enough to show performance?
  2. Is Congress well and truly dead?
  3. Can regional parties organize themselves into an effective coalition?
I don't think BJP will have the same effect without Modi. In corporate circles, he is seen has a hardworking man, with no personal corruption allegations against him or the top ministers. BJP will have to craft the same image for Yogi / Amit Shah.

Although I don't think that in terms of development we are better or worse off under BJP compared to Congress. Nothing has changed on the ground really. I keep saying that India runs not because of government, but inspite of it. India is at its heart a babucracy, that will trundle along in mediocrity all the time. It is an elephant that will never become a tiger, not in my lifetime.

After retirement, Modi will become this grand old man like Vajpayee, respected but of no use to anyone. Indian politics, like any other is merciless.

Both sides do it here, BJP/right as well as Nehruvians/left have their set of channels in what propaganda they put out as favours to their respective political masters.

I agree. Although you will also agree that during Congress rule criticism of the government was brutal. I remember endless nights of debates on 2G, CWG, Coal gate etc. Relentlessly the government was skewered. Nowadays, criticism ke pehlay apologists aa jaatay hain.

dude, take your self hating bullshit somewhere else. There are plenty of otehr threads for that. This thread is only for shitting on gangus. We all know we are not great. Read the fking room, mate.
No wonder you guys never improve. Keep "shitting" on them while the world shits on you, you dumb monkeys.

think of this.. way.... Toyota makes excellent cars...

yet Pakistan has one the worse accidents , road rages in the world..

So are toyota cars bad?

Islam tells read... do we read?

Islam tells the truth... how many Pakistani you are truth full?

Islam says keep cleaniness ... have you seen our cities?

Islam tells us be honest with your dealing ... how many honest Pakistanis do you know?

Point is the problem is with us ......
I agree with you on the last point, but doesn't that also show that Islam is not the solution? It's just a guideline like any other, but it can also fail, meaning that ultimately Islam is not the solution?

It brought alot of benefits to India such as civil law and other great aspects such as economy management during the delhi sultanate and mughal empire rule India was the richest country in the world..

India was so famously wealthy amongst the European elite and other arab elite states that they use to have fantasies about Indian wealth and it all start in Al-andalus they were close allies with these who ruled the Iberian hence they use to send alot of gold to the Iberian Peninsula and the rumours spread..

Not many people know this fact but when Colombus found the new World (America) He was actully headed to India to plunder the ridiculous wealth of India at the time of the delhi sultanate and mughal era hence why the Native Americans were called Indians by the Americans and it is used until this day.. They somehow end up with majority of the worlds gold back then the rumours and news of this ridiculous wealth has spread worldwide

Last edited:
@Paitoo

A number of excellent posts by you on this thread. Enjoyed reading them. Thanks and kudos.

Not all. There are exceptions, even, on PDF.

Ok, but the exceptions make no difference. They are a tiny minority. You are naive and sitting in Pakistan. I have real life experience with these laagar baagars. They have their safe spaces and echo chambers even in western countries where one is forced to be diplomatic.

Although I don't think that in terms of development we are better or worse off under BJP compared to Congress. Nothing has changed on the ground really. I keep saying that India runs not because of government, but inspite of it. India is at its heart a babucracy, that will trundle along in mediocrity all the time. It is an elephant that will never become a tiger, not in my lifetime.

After retirement, Modi will become this grand old man like Vajpayee, respected but of no use to anyone. Indian politics, like any other is merciless.
BJP has fulfilled a lot of its promises. 370, triple talaq, ram janam bhoomi being core. A unified civil code is well on its way. In terms of economy, they faced the worst crisis the world has ever seen and came out of it. COVID is once in 100 years kind of pandemic and yet its impact on India was limited to second wave. Overall in terms of mortality, India fared better than most of developing world -- even considering excess mortality data.

BJP has fulfilled a lot of its promises. 370, triple talaq, ram janam bhoomi being core. A unified civil code is well on its way. In terms of economy, they faced the worst crisis the world has ever seen and came out of it. COVID is once in 100 years kind of pandemic and yet its impact on India was limited to second wave. Overall in terms of mortality, India fared better than most of developing world -- even considering excess mortality data.
I would like to see promises of different type now. Infrastructure development, saving our crumbling cities, employment in Tier 2 and 3 cities, manufacturing leadership, better income distribution, better wages etc.

I am willing to ignore Covid fiasco as it can be minted both ways by BJP supporters and detractors based on who's data you trust. Moreover I don't think any government could have handled it better. The incompetence is widespread.

That's why Hindu women prefer marrying a Muslim man, even as a second wife, and why not? No woman wants to painfully burn to death on her husband's corpse

Careful, they are probably giving birth to your offspring as you sit here on PDF. Don't believe me, ask your fellow gangus.
since its coming from such an experienced person, i ll heed to ur advice; unlike ur forefathers.

indians have a obession anything associated with Pakistan
we need pat on our backs, even its done through "self appreciation"; thus the comparisions with pak, bd etc.
if you notice, you will find that indian media was not comparing itself with sri lanka either, before the latter's recent political and economic upheaval.
u can compare us like a kid with no future (struggling economy,no jobs, rising prices) resorting to cheap smack (self appreciation through media n whatnot).

Last edited:
370, triple talaq, ram janam bhoomi
1 for jk (who dont want it), 2 for muslim women, 3 for hardcore hindus who can travel long distances for pilgrimage........an ordinary indian doesnt have any benefit with all these accompolishments.
instead, i need the 15 lakhs because
1. it was promised.
2. i m jobless.
3. savings are getting depleted because of high prices.
4. blah blah blah

Back
Top Bottom